Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album/Tracks Sales, Week 84, Blown Away Era

Eder Rodrigues

***Sales***

USA
The Sound of Music 37,601 (37,601)
Blown Away (album) ~7,500 (~1,604,000)

CANADA
#46 The Sound of Music 1,847 (1,848)
#19 The Blown Away Tour: Live 151 +27% (2,281)

***Charts***

The Sound Of Music (Music From the NBC Television Event)
Billboard 200: 17 (NE) / Peak: 17 / Wks on: 1
Digital Albums: 17 (NE) / Peak: 17 / Wks on: 1
Soundtracks: 2 (NE) / Peak: 2 / Wks on: 1

Blown Away
Billboard 200: 98 (-65) / Peak: 1 (x2) / Wks on: 84
Country Catalog Albums: 3 (-2) / Peak 1 (x3) / Wks on: 6
Top Catalog Albums: 22 (-18) / Peak: 4 (x2) / Wks on: 6

Do You Hear What I Hear
Holiday 100: 95 (-20) / Peak: 75 / Wks on: 2

The Blown Away Tour: Live
Top Music Videos: 16 (-6) / Peak: 1 (x3) / Wks on: 17

Last edited:

Marie2011

Man the swifties are going to love that number (sad face) I wasn't expecting for it to sale over 50k but I was expecting it to debut in the top 10 on billboard 200, and #1 on the soundtrack album chart

12russ79

If you ask me those are great numbers for TSOM..In fact it's the highest debut for a Sountrack to a televised play in history(!)

pkc4rls

^ Agree. It is a soundtrack to a televised play lol. The number of viewers tells us they wanted to watch it in large numbers but I just don't think that then correlates to people wanting to go out and buy the CD and listen to it in their spare time lol. That is probably more of a hard core fan think I would think. Just my guess. (I fell like I should say I am just guessing after everything now lol).

Last edited:

Gator

There was only 2 SOM CDs at the Target I was at today; 1 BA Tour DVD, and they had BA CDs. Cannot wait for them to carry SOM DVD!

clh_hilary

Just want to point out that this is No 2 on soundtrack albums, No 3 for albums with various artists, No 7 on 'country' (counting both The Robertsons and Kelly Clarkson) - she's actually behind Luke Bryan and Florida-Georgia Line, No 5 for solo female artists, and No 8 for seasonal albums (if you count this as one). No 16 overall but very close to Bryan at No 15 and considerably close to FGL at No 14.

Garth Brooks took the No 1 with 141,566 copies sold, whilst Britney Spears opened with 108,461 copies at No 5 as the top début.

Kizmet311

I really think these are decent numbers. If it wasn't for Carrie I certainly wouldn't have bought the CD, although I probably would have still watched the show just cause it is the kind of thing I like. The only other musical soundtrack I own is Cinderella because I have always had a love for those songs since we did the play in high school and I bought the soundtrack when I saw it at the Lexington Opera House. Mind you, the soundtrack was the one with Julie Andrews I think, lol.

I can't remember, but did the Cinderella movie with Brandy and Whitney have a soundtrack?

Gator

^^ I am impressed with our local Targets. SOM IS selling in our area and they are restocking that and BA. I've been shopping the past week and check each day. One day there's a few copies, the next day restocked. Very unusual for Carrie's CDs in my area. Glad they finally see that Carrie's CDs sell and they are willing to carry them!