Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are YOU voting for for ACM EOTY 2011?

Who are YOU voting for?

• Toby Keith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Aldean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miranda Lambert

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Brad Paisley

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Taylor Swift

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Keith Urban

Votes: 34 59.6%

• Total voters

Britt011

I know you also need to register for an account on the voting website, so does that mean you only get one vote per account? If so, does that mean I can't vote on my cell phone, laptop, school computer...etc. using the same account multiple times?

Britt011

So now I'm curious if the ones who didn't vote for Keith are now going to go with the majority or if their votes are locked for Brad, Miranda, or Taylor.

Carebear1994

I'll do anything as long as Swift and Lambert don't get it, only because they are females and we can't have them trying to beat Carrie. I would love to see Keith get it, but I think Brad has a larger voting squad, so I would rather have him boost it instead of them being closer to the females. So my vote is for Brad, but I want it for Keith.

Kizmet311

I really want to vote for Jason, because I think it would be hilarious for him to win, plus I like him. But, I don't think he can get it with the bigger names in there, so I'm voting for Keith.

I think Carrie fans need to throw their weight behind, Keith, not Brad, because we shouldn't play into the label's game to get Brad his win. I love Brad, he's a great entertainer, but he got the CMA EOTY, which is the one that every artist wants. Now that he has that one, the ACM EOTY won't be as big a deal.

So, I say vote Keith! Plus, I think Keith is a little more well-known outside the country world, because his music isn't as country and with his marriage to Nicole. So, he might get some support that we wouldn't expect.

Britt011

I really don't think Brad has a bigger voting squad then Keith. When Brad's message boards weren't private, there wasn't much activity on there. Keith's Monkeyville is really active, and Keith fans are crazy voters! lol. We vote A LOT. haha.

lilstar

Nope! I've thought of that as a possibility too! 2 things I'm thinking about--but if at least most of Carrie fans don't get behind someone---we hand it to Taylor !--That is what is inspiring me to vote!!

puggle10

I've written many many posted describing my frustration with the ACM noms, but again -- how the hell did Toby Keith get nominated during a year when he really did nothing, no significant impact at retail, radio, or the road? That is just plan wrong... I guess the sexist, good ole boys win again.

pklongbeach

I've written many many posted describing my frustration with the ACM noms, but again -- how the hell did Toby Keith get nominated during a year when he really did nothing, no significant impact at retail, radio, or the road? That is just plan wrong... I guess the sexist, good ole boys win again.
That one is a nom that we have all but ignored. But you are absolutely right.
Thtat is how you know there are forces at work here.
These results are just as out of whack as the CMA's were.
There is no telling what went into these votes except that clearly Carrie was not a consideration for them, cause I have a really hard time believing the majority of voters would have thought that T. Keith had a better year than Carrie Underwood.
Go ahead nay sayers, explain to me again how that happened?

carriecountrystar

I'm more familiar with brad as he's with carrie more than carrie is with keith but I'm not JUST going to use THAT (status of friendship) as a reason for voting for him. Keith is just as deserving and the fact that he's also on another label is a plus too. also, keith hasn't won EOTY in who knows when (and hasn't gotten many other awards for some time since male vocalist is usually brad and EOTY is usually kenny)
plus the fact that RF are also pulling support for keith gives us a bigger chance of sending a message. whether they take it or not or just ignore it won't be our concern. that's not the point. the principle of it all is to send our voices (along with carrie's beaaautiful vocals :p lol ) out AND LOUD. looking at all those factors and pros, I think voting for keith will be killing 2 birds with one stone. He will get a deserving award after so long, his fans and carrie fans will have a stronger bond -being on even more friendly terms (that they might even help us out when needed), the label (as well as industry) will see that we WILL NOT STOP and will SEE bigger then ever our support towards carrie so even if they disregard it-as long as we've done what we can, that is all that matters.

carriecountrystar

miranda is probably going to sweep anyways due to such strong support since the label put in ALL cards for her. but I, for one am not just going to sit back without doing anything and just letting them take away every single thing. no sir, I'm going to put up a fight and even if lost-at least I know I've stood against it and done my part.

Britt011

I don't think miranda will get eoty, although I think she might sweep the rest of the awards. Really hope not though! Carrie deserves Female Vocalist over her.

jbrown

I'm more familiar with brad as he's with carrie more than carrie is with keith but I'm not JUST going to use THAT (status of friendship) as a reason for voting for him. Keith is just as deserving and the fact that he's also on another label is a plus too. also, keith hasn't won EOTY in who knows when (and hasn't gotten many other awards for some time since male vocalist is usually brad and EOTY is usually kenny)
plus the fact that RF are also pulling support for keith gives us a bigger chance of sending a message. whether they take it or not or just ignore it won't be our concern. that's not the point. the principle of it all is to send our voices (along with carrie's beaaautiful vocals :p lol ) out AND LOUD. looking at all those factors and pros, I think voting for keith will be killing 2 birds with one stone. He will get a deserving award after so long, his fans and carrie fans will have a stronger bond -being on even more friendly terms (that they might even help us out when needed), the label (as well as industry) will see that we WILL NOT STOP and will SEE bigger then ever our support towards carrie so even if they disregard it-as long as we've done what we can, that is all that matters.

I totally agree with you. I am also voting for Keith out of principles and I hope most Carriefans will do the same.