Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should perform the Super Bowl 50 halftime show? - USA Today Poll

cmuf2011

I don't consider last year not to be a disappointment, think about it Isaiah was born on February 27 and the superbowl was on February 1st. Never been pregnant before but I'm at the age where everyone else my age is getting married and having kids so my Facebook news feed is filled with pics of babies, and pregnancy post, etc, and one post/pic I've seen alot is how every month has 30-31 days except the last month for pregnancy which has 1453 days.

thaifood

At the risk of losing my membership to the human race, I think Taylor should get this gig...for one reason....it's time to put her on a stage in front of 200 million to show the world just how god awful she sings live.

maddkat

Staff member
^ she wouldn't sing.she'd just lipsync like all the pop people do

the one time I saw her at lp field, and man was it awful, she lipsynced

Russ Wood

At the risk of losing my membership to the human race, I think Taylor should get this gig...for one reason....it's time to put her on a stage in front of 200 million to show the world just how god awful she sings live.

LMFAO... You have always been SWSRN BIGGEST FAN RON...you know she will lip sync anyway and become the ambassador of the Universe.. Swifty has become bigger than even she thought she would.. Pretty soon this world will be way to small to contain her head..*

*I voted for OUR GIRL

liz278

LMFAO... You have always been SWSRN BIGGEST FAN RON...you know she will lip sync anyway and become the ambassador of the Universe.. Swifty has become bigger than even she thought she would.. Pretty soon this world will be way to small to contain her head..*

*I voted for OUR GIRL

Hey it's great to see you back! I can tell just by your posts! :)

cmuf2011

Taylor Swift should sing, but there should be a short in the music, that way when she lipsyncs and no words comes out, causing her to actually have to start singing

edit I'll admit I'm curious to hear what Taylor real live voice sounds like, in award shows she lipsyncs, and i tried listening to a concert performance on youtube, but you can't really hear her voice over all the little girls screaming

Last edited:

thaifood

Taylor Swift should sing, but there should be a short in the music, that way when she lipsyncs and no words comes out, causing her to actually have to start singing

edit I'll admit I'm curious to here what Taylor real live voice sounds like, in award shows she lipsyncs, and i tried listening to a concert performance on youtube, but you can't really hear her voice over all the little girls screaming

Look for the Hrammy duet she did Roth Stevie Nicks. It's live, warts pimples & all. Stevie is mortified

liz278

^^I saw that too. That's one less to vote for.

I wonder who they will have for the show. I know that TS would bring in teen and pre-teen viewers, but you would lose the real viewers. I would love to have Carrie be one of the performers this year. She could be a part of it like she did with the Central Park thing with U2. She fit in really well and I enjoyed all the performances. That's my wish!

JB172

^^I saw that too. That's one less to vote for.

I wonder who they will have for the show. I know that TS would bring in teen and pre-teen viewers, but you would lose the real viewers. I would love to have Carrie be one of the performers this year. She could be a part of it like she did with the Central Park thing with U2. She fit in really well and I enjoyed all the performances. That's my wish!

A large amount of real viewers who are there to watch the game don't really care who is doing the halftime show and may or may not pay attention to it no matter who is doing the halftime show, all the people putting together the halftime show are far more interested in bringing in people are not watching the game than they are getting people already watching the game to watch the halftime show when they are very, very unlikely to turn to another station if they don't like the person doing halftime.

liz278

^^Well, you have a large portion of people like me that don't normally watch football (I do occasionally) but get together for the Super Bowl. We watch the game a little, watch the commercials and watch the half-time show. So, there are quite a few of us that do watch the game and want a good half-time show. And it wouldn't be TS!

JB172

^^Well, you have a large portion of people like me that don't normally watch football (I do occasionally) but get together for the Super Bowl. We watch the game a little, watch the commercials and watch the half-time show. So, there are quite a few of us that do watch the game and want a good half-time show. And it wouldn't be TS!

For every one person who may not always tune to the game and doesn't want to see Swift or One Direction do the halftime show there are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of their fans who will tune in who are not watching the game at all.

The last country artist to do the Super Bowl halftime show was Twain and that was over a decade ago which is all to do with the amount of country fans who are already watching the game to begin with, Cheseny was as popular as any artist in any genre a handful of years ago and he never got the gig.

If any country artist ever does the Super Bowl halftime show it will be multiple artists like Bryan, Carrie & FGL all together and I still doubt those three would bring in more extra viewers than acts like One Direction or Swift would bring in which is what the title sponsor and network is looking for.

Hil

Look for the Hrammy duet she did Roth Stevie Nicks. It's live, warts pimples & all. Stevie is mortified

I went and looked at the video and there is a comment there that says
Nicks: What key are we in? Swift: ALL OF THE KEYS

I am not aiming to be mean, but that made me ROFL. It wasn't her best performance.

carebear4eva

God, Taylor would kill the SB performance, and She is the biggest star on the planet. But I'd rather She waited an era or two, with another 10 #1s under her belt before blessing us with Her SB performance.