Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why cant't I cry...R.I.P Daddy

I know this is hard. But I lost my dad on February 14, 2013. I want to cry but feel embarrassed. I am sad and all, but nothing helps me cry. Guess I'm not emotional. Is that wrong?

Gator

Everyone handles things differently. Talk to people close to you. So sorry for your loss. Will keep you in my prayers.

rosie08

Did you listen to temporay home? that is when all my tears came flowing out. I know your pain it has been 2years since my daddy died and i still miss him. but I do feel him around me. you will cry in your own time.
I know this is hard. But I lost my dad on February 14, 2013. I want to cry but feel embarrassed. I am sad and all, but nothing helps me cry. Guess I'm not emotional. Is that wrong?

bearball49

Just because you are unable to cry does not mean you are not processing your father's death and grieving. I am one of those that is over emotional and cry at the drop of a hat. It does not mean that my feelings are stronger, just that they may be more visible. Crying has been a curse for me my whole life.....my stepfather ridiculed me for it to the point where I thought there was something wrong with me. I bet one of these days, maybe when you are thinking of something nice you did together, you may cry....but even if you don't cry, you will still be remembering him and that is what is important. I don't think my grandson shed a tear when he lost his grandad but I do know he cared about him and misses him.

maddkat

Staff member
everyone handles grief differently so not crying is your way , but don't be embarrassed to cry

sorry for your loss

robinannhunt

The loss of a parent is very emotional but some people don't cry or may cry but many months or years later. It is good to cry but not required to korn the death of a close person. Sorry for your loss. I too have lost parents. Keep the memories.

pklongbeach

No need to feel guilty for your feelings.
Allow yourself to feel. That is all that is important.
Sometimes sharing the experience of grief with the people around you helps in your own process.
There are always those who are strong and supportive. And those that are more emotional and need to express their feelings more.
There is no right and wrong with grief.
But expressing yourself here means that you are aware of your feelings and that is a great and wonderful thing.
Jus allow yourself whatever expression you need.
Are you near a beach??? OR a Lake??

I like to tell my troubles to large bodies of water!!! Ha ha ha.
They seem to absorb everything without me losing anything.

I have yelled at the ocean from the top of my lungs!
(felt pretty good to. Once I realized I was not going to go crazy for expressing myself)

Carrieflattsfan

Everyone handles grief differently; it's possible you're still in shock, and it hasn't quite sunk in yet.

But, don't be ashamed at all for how you're feeling; it doesn't change the fact that you probably love and miss your Dad a lot.

So sorry for your loss.

buckeyecarriefan

It's not wrong at all. My grandma died about a year ago and as hard as I took it and as much as I WANTED to cry, I just couldn't.

Most likely you're either just not an overly emotional person and you deal with things like this in a different way, or you'll just be sitting around someday and the most random thing will happen, bring back all kinds of memories, and the tears will flow. Neither one is wrong....they just mean you're human.

Sorry to hear about your dad though. Prayers with you and your family.

Smokyiiis

Why do some people never cry?
Sometimes it is noble to hold a straight face
To reassure those around you
To make them feel everything is ok
But why do these people hold their tough exterior
Even when there is no one to reassure

The world is a merciless place
It doles out hardship and death without a second thought
Bringing people down without remorse
Taking that which you care about and destroying it right in front of you

Some people will not shed a tear
Even when they have lost everything
Some people have forgotten how to cry
Some people have forgotten how to acknowledge pain that's not of the physical nature
These people will probably never cry again

But don't be fooled
These people more often than not are in floods of tears on the inside
Some people just find it indignant and will find a dark corner where no one can hear them
It's their way to suffer
It's the worst way to suffer

Why do people carry this burden when there is no need
They probably don't know either
Why do some people never cry?

By Robert McCarthy

Thank you for all the supportive posts. I finally cried for my Daddy last night while listening to "See You Again" and then screaming out "Temporary Home" and I appreciate the support. -PLAY ON-