Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does life have to be so unfair?

buckeyecarriefan

I just found out tonight that one of my best friends died unexpectedly. Just turned 27 2 weeks ago, so full of life, and now he's just gone. I'm not the type that has a lot of friends so I find one I end up really close to them. Probably only had 3 or 4 TRUE friends through high school(talked to every one, but only got close to a few), so this I'm just a total emotional wreck right now. I keep thinking it's a nightmare I'm gonna wake up from and we'll have years of good times and laughs ahead of us.

What makes it even worse, is he's literally one of the nicest guys anyone could meet. Never once complained when his childhood basically got taken away from him because his mom was always sick. Lost his dad at 20 years old, lost his mom at 25. This just isn't supposed to happen to guys like him.

Sorry if I seem totally scatter brained right now, but I'm trying to make sense of it all while also fighting through every emotion a person can have.

cassie2

Staff member
Tom, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your friend seems like they were indeed a very special person. I hope that you will carry in your heart and mind all of the wonderful times you had shared together.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

buckeyecarriefan

Thanks guys.

It's sounding like a heart attack sometime between Sunday and today(I had sent him a FB message on Sunday and he never responded. When he didn't log in for a few days I was concerned, but he had just started a new job and lived 3 hours away from me so I passed my fears off as him being busy.

The fact that is may be a heart attack REALLY scares me. He was a big guy, but so am I. I'm not exactly in GOOD shape...and I'm exactly a week older than he was. Think it's time to make some major lifestyle changes. I've been talking about it a lot for quite a while now, but that was before something hit this close that made me realize what could happen if I DON'T.

buckeyecarriefan

Thanks everybody. Monday and Tuesday were hard but I'm slowly getting back to normal. It still doesn't seem real but at least I can stand getting out of bed now.

Was nice to catch up with some old friends I hadn't seen in a while at the funeral though. Nice reminder both of how much everyone loved him and that we're not alone in this.

buckeyecarriefan

Just randomly remembered I had started this, I appreciate everyone's thoughts. I'm doing a lot better now, now I'm at the stage where something will happen that will make me think "Oh, he'd really like to know or talk about this, I should message him" and then it hits me again. But I've had a lot of time to think about the good times and laughed a lot and those are the things that can never be taken away, so that helps me through the tough times.

I'll probably never look forward to my birthday again in my life though. He and I were born a week apart(I'm older) so now once that time of year hits I'm sure it's just going to be a whole range of emotions and an entire week that I'll be wanting to get over with.

sd20

Sorry about the loss of your friend. Good to hear you're doing better and I hope you are taking care of your body and health too like you mentioned in a previous post! Thanks for your update. :)

ReedRichards

Each death of a loved one reminds us that we should appreciate every moment we are alive. Death can come at a time when we least expect it so, as the old saying goes, live each day as if it were your last. Sorry for your loss, Tom, and I hope the pain has subsided even just a little bit.

ivyhello

Sorry to hear about loss, Tom.
To be strong, we must strive every day life, happy life every day, cherish every day.

buckeyecarriefan

Well it's that time of year. My birthday is in 8 days, his would have been in 15, and it's now less than a month since the day we first heard the news. This is the first time we've had our birthdays since his death, and I'm just not sure I'm ready.

oldyfan

Tom, I'm just reading this. I'm so sorry I didn't see it sooner. you will be in my thoughts over the next couple of weeks.

Hil

I just now read this thread, but I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts & prayers. Try to enjoy your birthday, I'm sure he would want you to.

buckeyecarriefan

Thanks guys. My birthday came and went and actually went pretty well. Craziest thing happened....RIGHT when I was feeling down the most, I started talking to 2 different people I work with that are ALSO going through a tough time now, and through each other we've all kind of pulled ourselves out of the dumps a little bit. These were people I considered friends before, but now they've become really good friends in the last couple of weeks and kind of helped fill the void.

I'm sure next Thursday is still going to be really tough, but I'm at least seeing some light at the end of the tunnel now.