Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wish list for future albums

Claire2004

I'm guessing you mean you hope that the songs she writes with others will make the cd. Carrie wrote with a lot of new people during the ST era.

Yup, but I just rambled on and on as I sometimes do lol.

Or maybe you don't, if not carry on.:)

Lmao :)

real unpopular opinion: Carrie is a good song writer, not a great one.There I said it.

I actually agree, don't kill me guys pls lol. She's a good songwriter, with a potential to be a great one if she keeps at it imo.

DazzledByCarrie

there are tons of great traditional Christmas songs.People just keep choosing the same tired ones.Carrie needs to branch out from those.A nice mix would be good.

I'm guessing you mean you hope that the songs she writes with others will make the cd. Carrie wrote with a lot of new people during the ST era. Most just didn't make the cut. Or maybe you don't, if not carry on.:)

real unpopular opinion: Carrie is a good song writer, not a great one.
There I said it.

I really have no wishes for the next cd, other then new producers.Just happy for new music when it comes.and that sounds lame, sorry

I'll agree with that. Although, without atleast one solo write it is hard to judge her real songwriting talent, because we don't know what came from her vs. what came from her co-writers. I will say some of her co-writes have been some of her best in my opinion (WCIS, TBC, etc...) but like I said, it's hard to know which parts of those came from her.

gocountrymusic

She definitely has improved as a writer. If you look all her co-writes from Play On to now she has gotten a lot more consistent. Its only speculative but I feel in the beginning, a lot of the songs depended on who she was writing with (Kara and Mama's Song/ Undo It vs. Steve McEwan and What Can I Say). The quality and consistency of quality has really improved since then. I just would love her to have a solo write to see as a fan how far she's come. It can just be a simple song and I think she will shine.

carriethequeen

I want Carrie to work with Max Martin again. He is the best producer in pop music right now, his list of hits and #1's is shocking lol don't get me wrong- I don't want Carrie to make a pop album, but I think we could get some great country-pop material from Carrie & Max. They made Quitter together for Play On and that's such a fun, country pop song (dont even get me started how Quitter, WCIS, or SWISLY would've all been better singles than MS...)

CarrieAddicted

It's crazy how opinions and personal preferences can largely vary.

Well, I prefer Mainstream music. I do hate indie/folk, or whatever you wanna call it, music.
When I first got here on the forum, I mentioned that I love Hip-Hop/Urban Music, so I'm used to big beats and sound, and that's what I like.
Carrie has been the exception to me. She's my second favorite artist (after Eminem), but she's country. How odd that I love her, huh?
But her country has always been mainstream country, with big productions etc, so I love it.

So, I want her to continue to make mainstream country songs - and actually release them as singles. Big productions with loud sound - songs that allow her to invest in stage production and performances.
Whether it's a banger or a ballad, I want mainstream sound.

And you know that's what she likes too. *wink*

If she invests in a less-mainstream sound, I'll be really frustraded, but I'll support her regardless, because I love her beyond her music. I love her as a human being.
Will I be extremely frustrated with her choice? Yes, but I'll still be there.

Apart from the sound, I want:
solely-written songs by Carrie;
fun songs that are easy for people to relate (in the veins of GOOTT)
love songs
a couple of duets (one with a country artist, the other with an all-genre artist);
new producers (mainstream, *wink*)

I also want:
a real marketing plan for the album. A proper one, well thought and coordinated;
the label to invest beyond the laughable mediabase chart crap they love (invest on Billboard!)

Josh

Some of you guys seem to have basically mentioned many things I'd like. I'm sorry if my list is demanding either way. This is more from what I expect next Era and not just on her album:

- PLEASE get new songwriters. No more Hillary Lindsey. No offense to Hillary Lindsey, though. Carrie should write her own music and include it on her album

- New producers would be great. The production on ST has been better than previous albums imo. But, NOTHING like TF as someone mentioned above

- PLEASE get better MVs. The music videos recently have been really lacking. I despised Heartbeat (although I grew to like it somewhat), CB could have actually been her best video yet, and DL was all over the place.

- PROMOTE Carrie on Spotify, radio, everywhere! I'm so sad that I have to look Carrie up these days on my own rather than hear amazing stuff about her like other huge artists. I literally need her songs at number one on at least one chart and past one million sales if possible. I'd appreciate her music however it charted, though.

- Enough talking about drunk, cheating men.. I know some people like this and I do too, but there has to be more themes she can come up with. But, I wouldn't mind it either.

- I don't know how to say this. This really isn't about her album and I hate demanding anything beyond what Carrie is comfortable with, but she needs to regain the spark and personality she once seemed to have. Especially in interviews. Her interviews sometimes feel dead and awkward, and I love her, but I wish she'd have the same kind of energy as when she's singing and confident.

- Some people seem to want her to write with Maren Morris. PLEASE. I BEG YOU. Do NOT write or duet with Maren Morris, Sam Hunt, or anyone like them. Please Carrie, do not.

- A Gospel and Christmas album is probably on the way someday. But I agree that the overused Christmas songs annoy me more than anything. So, maybe write your own future classic, or cover a great unknown.

- When it comes to duets, I don't care whoever she duets with in country. But, I DO hope she duets with someone like Josh Groban, Michael Buble, or someone Jazz/Classical. She has the potential to do something great and timeless, and not weak like the duet with Tony Bennett.

- A more pop sound would be great. Also, I've always imagined her singing a more foreign sound to her music as someone mentioned. But, in a tasteful way and not in a way that appropriates.

- As someone mentioned an Irish/Celtic sound like Ed Sheeran in his new album is great, but not sure how that'd fit with Carries voice.

- I never thought I'd day this, but a duet with Harry Styles would be beyond amazing. His debut song is more than I expected from him. Although it's a bit repetitive.

- A huge ballad that's possibly another signature song, an emotional song like Just a Dream, something hard rock/metal where her voice is growling and she sounds like she's gonna damage a vocal chord or cause an earthquake, and a really pop-country song. An inspirational song would be great, as well as showcasing her vocals in songs that most people couldn't sing.

- A huge world tour and we can already expect amazing performances.

- She should win maybe more awards,including Grammys and other non-country awards, and more recognition in the industry. I hope she does.

- Now this is personal but I'd like a song like BHC, with that attitude and memorable video.. something huge. Something maybe even colorful this time around and not too dark.

One of my favorite performances of Carrie EVER is Paradise City. How amazing it'd be if she released a rock single like that. Maybe it's just me! Especially that metal sound with that feminine look and that tiny dress.. its a combination I never expected and I think more people should see that kind of thing. It looks unique and odd but not in a bad way.

Last edited:

stan

Sing from the heart. Sing about things that she really believes in. I don't want Carrie to sing a song titled Smoke Break and then have to say that this song is not about smoking. Smoking happens in real life, an objectionable habit notwithstanding, and she's a storyteller, there's no need for a disclaimer.

Though I understand the need for a disclaimer with Before He Cheats haha.

When she sings something from the heart, the honesty comes through and that makes the song powerful and relatable. Like IWALY in concert. Like this performance in conjunction with Idol Gives Back.

rcramer

Simple productions just like the ones posted are her always at her best vocally..... Takes the listener to a place nowhere else one can take it........

I feel like I'm echoing a lot of other people's statements, so sorry if I'm just preaching to the choir. Also, I'm not sure if the combined sum of what I want would actually come together to make a good listening experience, but hopefully we can get some of these things!

- Branch out more with songwriters. Hillary is obviously very talented and has written some of Carrie's best songs, but she also has written like 50+% of the last two albums. There are so many great songwriters out there to work with.

- Better music videos. I honestly didn't like a single one of the music videos from this era.

- Duet(s)! I think they're so dramatic and exciting. WCIS is still my favorite Carrie song, and I would kill to have another song like that.

- Better singles plan. I feel like Carrie's team has consistently dropped the ball when it comes to singles - so many songs, which would have made amazing impactful singles (SWISLY, WCIS, IKYW, GOTT) haven't been released, while significantly weaker ones (MS, UI, SB) have. Also I'm sick of there only being four singles - the era goes back in the blink of an eye! And finally, I feel like the release order of most singles could be improved. I don't know, maybe her team needs to conduct more market research, maybe they could get fan input or let fans choose a single.

- Less emphasis on bad girl songs. I feel like Carrie tries so hard to have a certain number of feisty, angry songs on her albums. I think the "I'm pissed cause a boy did me wrong" theme has been way overused. On a similar note, I'm tired of the lawless songs too - I was all excited to show off CB to people and they were just like "yawn, she killed someone else? What a surprise"

- A throwback to CR era vocals. I know some people hated the big vocals and claimed they were overproduced, but I love hearing the amazingly powerful things she can do with her voice.

- (I know this directly contradicts what I wrote above, so like I mentioned earlier this album plan probably makes no sense) but something with really stripped down production - just a piano or a guitar and nothing else.

Josh

I feel like I'm echoing a lot of other people's statements, so sorry if I'm just preaching to the choir. Also, I'm not sure if the combined sum of what I want would actually come together to make a good listening experience, but hopefully we can get some of these things!

- Branch out more with songwriters. Hillary is obviously very talented and has written some of Carrie's best songs, but she also has written like 50+% of the last two albums. There are so many great songwriters out there to work with.

- Better music videos. I honestly didn't like a single one of the music videos from this era.

- Duet(s)! I think they're so dramatic and exciting. WCIS is still my favorite Carrie song, and I would kill to have another song like that.

- Better singles plan. I feel like Carrie's team has consistently dropped the ball when it comes to singles - so many songs, which would have made amazing impactful singles (SWISLY, WCIS, IKYW, GOTT) haven't been released, while significantly weaker ones (MS, UI, SB) have. Also I'm sick of there only being four singles - the era goes back in the blink of an eye! And finally, I feel like the release order of most singles could be improved. I don't know, maybe her team needs to conduct more market research, maybe they could get fan input or let fans choose a single.

- Less emphasis on bad girl songs. I feel like Carrie tries so hard to have a certain number of feisty, angry songs on her albums. I think the "I'm pissed cause a boy did me wrong" theme has been way overused. On a similar note, I'm tired of the lawless songs too - I was all excited to show off CB to people and they were just like "yawn, she killed someone else? What a surprise"

- A throwback to CR era vocals. I know some people hated the big vocals and claimed they were overproduced, but I love hearing the amazingly powerful things she can do with her voice.

- (I know this directly contradicts what I wrote above, so like I mentioned earlier this album plan probably makes no sense) but something with really stripped down production - just a piano or a guitar and nothing else.

Thank You. This is basically what I want. Even the stripped down song at the end. Maybe acoustic versions of the original would do.

Claire2004

This. I had this impression that the Sony team already chose the singles even before the album release, and that they were not very flexible to adjustments even if a fan favorite emerges from one of the tracks not chosen as single.

I want a duet with Dan and Shay...I know their music might not be for everyone, but I think Carrie’s voice would blend super nicely with theirs.