Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your fave Carrie album though the years??

Your fave Carrie album though the years since American Idol??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nycolex

Some Hearts
Carnival Ride
Play On
Blown Away
Greatest Hits: Decade #1
Storyteller
Cry Pretty
All of them

simonplay

Blown Away.

That era was perfection! Since the lead single, the promo for the album, the reveal of the album cover, THE album cover!, all the right singles selection, the live performances, the music videos, the #1's, the sales, the new sound, even the trailers for the music videos were epic! Lol

She was at her peak in artistic creativity! One hell of a era.

Blown Away.

That era was perfection! Since the lead single, the promo for the album, the reveal of the album cover, THE album cover!, all the right singles selection, the live performances, the music videos, the #1's, the sales, the new sound, even the trailers for the music videos were epic! Lol

I 100% agree! The Blown Away era was so eventful and marked a change of direction musically for Carrie, imo. There was always something to look forward to and it was a lot of fun!

Blown Away.

Exactly my thoughts. It’s the era that can’t be beaten.

Zach1998

Storyteller & Blown Away
I wouldn't say that Blown Away is underrated because many fans to this day will say it's her best album (and rightfully so), but I will say Storyteller is criminally underrated. IMO it's her most cohesive album to date. Every song on it fits together perfectly. It's a little disheartening to me that this era got the shaft because it was her last album with Sony. CCA deserved to be a single and we deserved better music videos. This is the only album of hers that I personally can say has no skips from me; a masterpiece.

LilUnderwood

I was thinking of this on the way to work this morning listening to her music on shuffle. I’m not sure I can choose one whole album because I like songs off each album. Personally I notice I skip less songs on Storyteller though. The only song I don’t care for on there is Clock Don’t Stop

Josh

For some reason, Some Hearts will always be my favorite. Maybe for sentimental reasons, but the singles were a perfect start for her. I never really thought of what would come in second place lol because I had mixed feelings about every album after :p Not that they weren't amazing.

bigd79

Talk about a difficult decision! I love all her albums in their own way. I'll go ahead and rank the 6(not counting GH) but uffda, its really gonna be slim margins between them all.

1. Carnival Ride - i feel like i have to put this album at 1 because its the only album that when i listen to it, i have no urge to skip any songs. all of her other albums have 1 or 2 songs that i will skip. But this one - I love the whole darn thing.
2. Storyteller - Other than Heartbeat, i thought the singles were absolutely fantastic, and numerous other songs from this album that i feel easily could have been singles. (sad renegade runaway never got a chance)
3. Cry Pretty - the way that it has played out so far, this is becoming her most underrated album, full of absolute gems. i sure hope this gets a nom at the CMA's this fall. It definitely deserves it.
4. Blown Away - Its really right there with Storyteller and CP, this is so hard! These albums are all amazing!
5. Some Hearts - The one that started it all, hard to believe its only my 5th favorite album from her, considering i love this one too!
6. Play On - Again, i love this one too. Just maybe slightly less than the other 5. Aaaah! Its really awesome though when you can genuinely say you love every album an artist releases. Some of my other favorite artists i can't necessarily say that for. I think for this reason is among the reasons why Carrie is my favorite, overall she has never disappointed me with her albums!

lizcarlo

I enjoy cds from Some Hearts to Play On. There is music individually that I love on all her cds. I think Blown Away era took her music to such interesting turn. In my opinion her cds since then have been amazing. I really like her two songs on Greatest Decade Of Hits. It seemed BA was when she started to amp up darker themes and storytelling which I liked. She continued to take her music in different direction(darker, interesting diverse storytelling, sensual/sexual ect.. songs) and continued to sing about real life. Carrie has seemed to open up personally a lot between Storyteller and Cry Pretty with her music. This era she has opened up a lot in general. I honestly don't have one favorite. I basically go back to Blown Away Storyteller and Cry Pretty the most as cds.

Carrieroxmysox2011

Storyteller is my favorite album.
Rankings would go...
1. Storyteller
2. Carnival Ride
3. Blown Away
4. Some Hearts
5. Cry Pretty
6. Play On

Blown Away is my overall favorite vibe so to speak just because I love the dark stuff, but in terms of all of the overall songs, I would say Cry
Pretty is my favorite. I don’t get tired of any of the songs, and Low is my personal favorite Carrie song out of all of them!

Nicole885

Carnival Ride is my absolute favorite!
Storyteller
Play On
Some Hearts
Blown Away
Cry Pretty- I don’t know why, I just don’t care for it as much. Maybe because I loved Storyteller so much?