Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 racing thread

buckeyecarriefan

New season, new thread. Whatever kind of racing you're into, NASCAR, IndyCar, NHRA, F1, even the local short tracks, post here.

Daytona testing is this week, and it looks like with the new cars and giving the manufacturers more room to play around with the way the cars look like the old days, the tandem draft is over. 11 car wreck already in day 2 caused basically because the front of the Chevys and the back of the Fords don't match up at all and the cars are loose in the draft.

High speeds and the drivers seem to like how the drafting and racing are so far, so I'm excited for the 500 next month!

thunder92

I used to be diligent about NASCAR but haven't watched in years...I guess now is as good as time as any to start again!

JB172

I love the look of the new cars.

Not much else on tonight, so I might check out the replay of testing.

buckeyecarriefan

Maybe now Dario can be known as Dario and not "Ashley Judd's husband."

I've never been a fan of the guy, but I feel bad for him. You win the biggest race in the world 3 times and you're STILL overshadowed by your wife. Hell if you notice, the article even fails to mention his 2nd 2 wins. He's just "2007 Indy 500 champion."

Ann055

My brother is motorman for Mike Edwards, Pro Stock, NHRA -- this is their new car -- I like :)

BCpYEPWCYAMjcJE.jpg

buckeyecarriefan

Hopefully they show the NASCAR HOF induction again soon. I decided to go to the basketball game in town last night instead, but I REALLY want to see Rusty's speech.

Mostly I'm just happy to say my racing hero growing up is a hall of famer now.

JB172

I like that the Busch Clash/Bud Shootout/Budweiser Shootout/Sprint Unlimited has went back to the pole winner from the year before or previous winner as the only ones who get into the race.

I can't wait to see how the Gen 6 cars run during a race, we will get a better feel for how they will be after Daytona but from what the drivers have been saying the racing should be good.