Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

liveasong

Something must be happening behind the scenes, to be honest. The label handled the D&R Era in the strangest way possible.

Carrie has been rightfully prioritizing her personal life but she is also a music professional with an unparalleled work ethic- I think we can all agree on that. I highly doubt she dropped the ball on her label by being “lazy” or “absent” or by “refusing to do promo”. She is a super smart woman and I have a feeling that there must me very valid and logical reasons why she was less invested in the D&R Era (other than her stellar live performances for which she continues to get amazing reviews).

Zach1998

I think she just saw the performance of the album first, then saw the weak reception to the lead followed by the blatant push back for HMH, and lost interest. For the life in me I really remember an interview somewhere over the past year or so where she said something along the lines of "sometimes things don't perform as expected" she wasn't talking directly to D&R but I do think it could be one of those "things." Does anybody remember this interview because I have been trying so hard to find it to rewatch it but I just can't remember where I saw it.

This era died after the tour ended. It regained a pulse again for a brief second when she released the deluxe and did small promo with the today show, but after that flatlined again. I really hate that OOTT had to take the brunt of the impact for the complete silence from her and her label.

Eder Rodrigues

As much as I'd love a new album, I believe a GH2 project would be pretty sweet. She sorta needs to wrap up this chapter and give herself a fresh start for the new crowd, reinvent herself.

GH1's almost hitting 1.7 billion streams on Spotify. With a new project featuring the tracks below, she would already have 1.2 billion streams. Maybe throw in like 5 new tunes and some savvy promotion aimed at streaming.
  1. Somethin' Bad (Duet with Miranda Lambert)
  2. Smoke Break
  3. Heartbeat
  4. Church Bells
  5. Dirty Laundry
  6. The Fighter (Duet with Keith Urban)
  7. The Champion (feat. Ludacris)
  8. Cry Pretty
  9. Love Wins
  10. Southbound
  11. Drinking Alone
  12. If I Didn't Love You (Duet with Jason Aldean)
  13. Ghost Story
  14. Hate My Heart
  15. Out Of That Truck

FanSince04

As much as I'd love a new album, I believe a GH2 project would be pretty sweet. She sorta needs to wrap up this chapter and give herself a fresh start for the new crowd, reinvent herself.

GH1's almost hitting 1.7 billion streams on Spotify. With a new project featuring the tracks below, she would already have 1.2 billion streams. Maybe throw in like 5 new tunes and some savvy promotion aimed at streaming.
  1. Somethin' Bad (Duet with Miranda Lambert)
  2. Smoke Break
  3. Heartbeat
  4. Church Bells
  5. Dirty Laundry
  6. The Fighter (Duet with Keith Urban)
  7. The Champion (feat. Ludacris)
  8. Cry Pretty
  9. Love Wins
  10. Southbound
  11. Drinking Alone
  12. If I Didn't Love You (Duet with Jason Aldean)
  13. Ghost Story
  14. Hate My Heart
  15. Out Of That Truck
Actually really like this idea. It could work! She has really great hits for GH… some of her best streamers too!

Zach1998

I could see her doing a GH#2 but I really don't want it. Like others said, it would do worse than D&R. Greatest hits #1 fit the time and where she was at in her career, and bought her time for her pregnancy. Sales were still very strong then, which is why it did so well. Said sales are just not there anymore, especially if they aren't good at keeping her stocked in the stores with her new label.

CU4ever

The only thing with greatest hits I want from Carrie is a greatest hits/eras tour, where she performs many of her biggest hits with a new album’s songs as well lol

Eder Rodrigues

You really didn't get my point... It's not for sales, GH1 made 500k in 2014/2015, it wasn't as huge as mentioned, but 'Something in The Water' was huge. A new GH can boost her image and expand her audience in streaming platforms. People don't listen to full albums anymore, unless you're some huge star. They often go to playlists, top songs in the artist's profile, so why not to put out something 'special' again? Anyway, just my unpopular opinion.

MSCarriefan

Honestly, I think a song with magic of Something in the Water could be a game changer right now no matter how it is released.

adam1995

You really didn't get my point... It's not for sales, GH1 made 500k in 2014/2015, it wasn't as huge as mentioned, but 'Something in The Water' was huge. A new GH can boost her image and expand her audience in streaming platforms. People don't listen to full albums anymore, unless you're some huge star. They often go to playlists, top songs in the artist's profile, so why not to put out something 'special' again? Anyway, just my unpopular opinion.
No, I understood. I don’t think it would make any impact sales wise, streaming wise or in anyway.

Zach1998

“Something in the water” was huge because it was a magnificent song, not because it was on a GH album.

I’d rather just her lead her next studio album with another magnificent song, so maybe it’ll give listeners initiative to check out the new album. Unlike what happened with D&R’s lead.

FanSince04

I think for streaming purposes a GH album would be perfect. Many of the songs are already on playlists, the albums from which they’d come stream well for Carrie, and the addition of NEW songs would obviously promote streams! I agree with your thinking.

cmuf2011

If Carrie does another greatest hits album I want it to be a live recording not studio.

Double album

Disc 1
Hits from SH, CR, PO, BA

Disc 2
Hits from ST, CP, D&R, D (duets)

CU4ever

“Something in the water” was huge because it was a magnificent song, not because it was on a GH album.

I’d rather just her lead her next studio album with another magnificent song, so maybe it’ll give listeners initiative to check out the new album. Unlike what happened with D&R’s lead.
SITW was also a faith based song, and if My Gift tells us anything, that’s something a lot of her fanbase wants. It’s no wonder SITW was such a huge hit with streaming and is now one of her iconic songs

CU4ever

I know this is probably a long shot, and I know Carrie and Randy are friends, but it would be cool if Carrie was invited to hear Randy’s new song because Warner was trying to court her to join their label. The other artists invited were WB artists

But again, I know this has like a 1% chance of being the case lol