Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

105.3 Kiss FM - Response to Ban on Carrie's Music

opry051008

I was still stewing about this ban this morning because even though I knew they didn't really play Carrie's music, I felt that for this radio station to publicly diss Mike's wife after he gave them 11 years of his life both on and off the ice, for a radio stunt and self promotion was truly classless. So I went to their website to get their email address and this is what popped up. :)

A message to our listeners:
Thanks for all your calls, emails and Facebook messages. Yesterday we declared a "ban" on Carrie Underwood's music. As regular listeners we want to thank you for realizing this was our 'tongue in cheek' way of saying goodbye to Mike Fisher – as we do not play Carrie Underwood's music.

Mike was the heart and soul of the Senators and our city's finest ambassador. We will miss him and Carrie – Ottawa's first couple and wish them great success and happiness in their future.

So long Mike! Thanks for the memories!
- The NEW 1053KISSFM

And for Carrie Underwood fans, you can hear her all the time on our sister station Y101 -Today's Best Country!​
A Message To Our Listeners... - The NEW 1053KISSFM.com

opry051008

See it was a joke everybody! Nice comments. "Ottawa's first couple"

I was ok with the joke but then I watched the news last night and they showed the people at the radio station. Now knowing that news of the ban was spreading, if the radio people had said Mike was a great guy and they were kidding around because they don't play Carrie anyway being a pop station, that would have been fine. It's just when they started milking the situation for their own publicity, for some reason that pissed me off. :)

robinannhunt

I was ok with the joke but then I watched the news last night and they showed the people at the radio station. Now knowing that news of the ban was spreading, if the radio people had said Mike was a great guy and they were kidding around because they don't play Carrie anyway being a pop station, that would have been fine. It's just when they started milking the situation for their own publicity, for some reason that pissed me off. :)

They did it for publicity but it got out of hand.

Ace01

Ok so they are a pop station and they dont play country anyway, so then why do they have to comment about banning carrie. They really dont make any sense.

JB172

They did it for publicity but it got out of hand.

That is exactly what it was and I don't think that the station manager had any idea that it would get as negative response as it did, if he or she had to do it over again I really doubt that they would do it.

epicamends

That is exactly what it was and I don't think that the station manager had any idea that it would get as negative response as it did, if he or she had to do it over again I really doubt that they would do it.

That's how you know it was a pop station. If it had been a country station, you bet they'd be aware of the power of Carrie fans. haha