Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20 dead, 42 hospitalised in shooting in Florida nightclub

Smokyiiis

Oh my sweet God. I just can't handle much more of this mindless killing. I hope its not another TERRORIST thing but it's looking like it.

carriefan14

Deadliest mass shooting in history. I am so, so sorry. We HAVE to love each other more and appreciate everybody in your life right now. Things are just getting crazier - none of us are promised tomorrow. Love, love love more

HuiZ

Just how many innocent lives need to be lost before something is done about gun control?? Seriously, the rest of the world just watches in disbelief and anger at the inability of a country like US to take any action to prevent more killings like this.

So many articles were published with stats showing how extremely disproportionately high and alarming the rate of gun homicide in the US is compared to all other developed countries. I just read a NY times article tracing how easily each killer in a mass shooting got his guns and how easily they slipped through without much background checks.

It's ironic that the right to bear arms is exactly what put more firearms readily available to lunatics. Or to a father who wakes up one day and decides to kill his wife and family because of divorce. Insane.

carebear4eva

Just how many innocent lives need to be lost before something is done about gun control?? Seriously, the rest of the world just watches in disbelief and anger at the inability of a country like US to take any action to prevent more killings like this.

So many articles were published with stats showing how extremely disproportionately high and alarming the rate of gun homicide in the US is compared to all other developed countries. I just read a NY times article tracing how easily each killer in a mass shooting got his guns and how easily they slipped through without much background checks.

It's ironic that the right to bear arms is exactly what put more firearms readily available to lunatics. Or to a father who wakes up one day and decides to kill his wife and family because of divorce. Insane.

Thank you.

It really makes no sense whatsoever to those of us in the developed world, but outside the US. Canada? UK? Australia? France? None of these countries have loose gun-laws and they're doing FINE.

HuiZ

Thank you.

It really makes no sense whatsoever to those of us in the developed world, but outside the US. Canada? UK? Australia? France? None of these countries have loose gun-laws and they're doing FINE.
I wasn't living in Australia yet back when the Port Arthur massacre happened in 1996, but thank GOD the government back then didn't take ages to put in new gun control, basically told the gun lobby and the NRA to p*ss off. (Why the heck was the NRA butting into another country's business anyway?!)

lolita55

I don't personally own a gun so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt. But gun control will only do so much. In this case he bought it legally, but if he couldn't, he would have bought it off the black market. When someone is bound and determined to do something like this they will find a way.

I think gun control will be about as successful as drug enforcement laws. Seems to me plenty of people still can get everything from marijuana to heroin; people are gonna get everything from pistols to military grade weaponry no matter what.

HuiZ

^ So should we just make drugs easily available too?

Sorry, I couldn't disagree more with that constant reasoning of not having better gun control. So is it best to not do anything AT ALL?

It worked exremely well for other developed countries that have changed the law. Do you hear mass shootings and domestic gun violence from other countries as often as US? Numbers don't lie.

lolita55

^ So should we just make drugs easily available too?

Sorry, I couldn't disagree more with that constant reasoning of not having better gun control. So is it best to not do anything AT ALL?

It worked exremely well for other developed countries that have changed the law. Do you hear mass shootings and domestic gun violence from other countries as often as US? Numbers don't lie.

I can't speak for her, but I don't know if she meant it that way. I hate to use this analogy because it's a bad one, but where there's a will there's a way. This physcotic terrorist/murderer would have still found a way to get a hold of that type of weapon. I don't think we will ever be able to get a handle on this issue. Should these types of guns be banned of course. But even if they are we still won't be able to stop the flow of guns coming in from central and South America.