Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 ACM Awards Review!

undrwood9098

Okay, here we go! :D

Carrie got a page in the ACM Awards program, so I'll post a picture of that tomorrow when my phone is re-charged. :)

I'm going to break this down piece by piece.
Getting to the ACMs:
-Driving there took fooooorrreevvverrrrr because it's a celebrity event in the city that never sleeps. Traffic will stink, regardless of whether you left at 6am or 1pm. It was ridiculously bad, but I got there. :)
When I pulled up to the MGM Grand, I caught a glimpse of the carpet. Stars were taking side routes through the hotel to get to the carpet. As I pulled up, there were chants of "CARRIE!", so I arrived as Carrie got on the carpet. As I was waiting for valet to come take my keys, herds of bodyguards came out shielding a star (it was obviously a female because there were two make-up artists with lipstick and clutches walking behind the guards), so I was trying to figure it out based on if I could see the top of their head or not, and the color of their dress. Didn't have the slightest clue, but I later saw that it was Nicole going to meet up with Keith. :)
As I was going through security (which took forever, as well), more bodyguards and stars passed by, but they were so shielded by their assistants and guards that you couldn't tell who was who. Plus, with there being a million blondes in the industry lately, it made it even tougher. :p

Beginning of the show:
-I was in the arena, and my gooooooodness, that place was PACKED and STACKED. I was sitting in a section relatively close to the stage. As the lights dimmed, the seats filled faster, and I saw Carrie stroll in, and was ready to take a picture. However, we all know Carrie. She put her stuff with Ann Edelblute (she was her date for the night) and a seat filler strolled on over into Carrie's seat, and Carrie was already off backstage (but waved a quick hello to the mini mosh pit by the stage). So I had some time to kick back before I was on Carrie patrol. Brad and Alabama opened up the show with a bang, but I never liked the song in the first place. However, it was cool to see Alabama back at an awards show, but other than that, it didn't top last year's opening of "Travelin' Band" with Carrie, Miranda, Brad, John Fogerty, and Charlie Daniels. :) Toby was a snoozefest. Never had much interest in him or his music, to be quite honest.

During the break, they played commercials on a couple of the jumbotrons, and people SCREAMED when the Olay and Narnia commercials came on with Carrie. :D Myself included......:eek:

Carrie's performance:
-I was starting to relax because I was expecting an award to be announced after the break, but when the announcer said that Bethany and AnnaSophia were coming out, I seriously JUMPED out of my seat. The people next to me were wondering what the heck I was doing :p When Carrie came out, I was already dancing. I looked like a total idiot, but I really didn't care. I was the only one standing during the first verse and the chorus, but when Steven Tyler entered, EVERYONE (and I mean everyone) stood up in the audience. From the front seats to the last rafter, everyone was up. Thaaaaaat's when I went insane. ;D They broke into "Walk This Way", and I thought I lost my mind, along with my voice. I was screaming bloody murder, and there was no stopping me. I was losing every sane bone in my body. Carrie and Steven were killing it, and I never thought I'd see the Judds rock out! :p Everybody was jamming to that performance. Arms were flailing, people were bouncing, screams were vibrating from wall to wall, and that was just me! :D Charles, Dave, and Hillary of Lady A were ALL partying! :) This entire performance was spectacular to witness, and I'm still in awe. I've seen Carrie live 11 times on tour, and this took the cake. She's the best Idol, best Country artist, and arguably the best artist in the music industry, bar none. The standing ovation was secular. Everything about those 6 minutes was life-altering.

After that, it was boring.
THTBM won every award possible, performances couldn't live up to Carrie & Steven, and everything else was downhill form there. It seriously PEAKED after that performance.

During the break when Carrie came back, she got SO many high fives and hugs! :) Miranda, Charles & Hillary from Lady A (I couldn't see where Dave was), Toby, Brad, Keith & Nicole, Taylor and her mom Andrea, Reese, etc. Carrie blew the roof off of the MGM Grand! :D
Throughout the show, people near me were raving that Carrie would upset Miranda for FVOTY! I was feeling really good about it, but then Miranda won, lol. :p It's all good, though.

Everyone was a little taken back by Taylor winning, which surprised me. I was expecting her to win, so I don't know why so many people called it a shocker.
Overall, this entire night was really insane for the first hour. The second two were fun, but didn't live up to Carrie & Steven. That performance will go down in ACM history. :)

Sorry the review didn't include more info of other artists. They weren't as important to me, lol. :p I'll definitely attend the ACAs again in December, and the ACMs next year in April again! :) Next up for me? CMA Fest in Nashville in June! :D

carriefan2000

thanks for the awesome review! glad you had a blast!!!
one slightly random question- i am not a Rob Patt fan really, but I was wondering if he talked to Carrie at all. it would be kinda cute lol;) i never saw him in the audience so i was wondering if he was just back stage all night.

Carrieflattsfan

Okay, here we go! :D

Carrie got a page in the ACM Awards program, so I'll post a picture of that tomorrow when my phone is re-charged. :)

I'm going to break this down piece by piece.
Getting to the ACMs:
-Driving there took fooooorrreevvverrrrr because it's a celebrity event in the city that never sleeps. Traffic will stink, regardless of whether you left at 6am or 1pm. It was ridiculously bad, but I got there. :)
When I pulled up to the MGM Grand, I caught a glimpse of the carpet. Stars were taking side routes through the hotel to get to the carpet. As I pulled up, there were chants of "CARRIE!", so I arrived as Carrie got on the carpet. As I was waiting for valet to come take my keys, herds of bodyguards came out shielding a star (it was obviously a female because there were two make-up artists with lipstick and clutches walking behind the guards), so I was trying to figure it out based on if I could see the top of their head or not, and the color of their dress. Didn't have the slightest clue, but I later saw that it was Nicole going to meet up with Keith. :)
As I was going through security (which took forever, as well), more bodyguards and stars passed by, but they were so shielded by their assistants and guards that you couldn't tell who was who. Plus, with there being a million blondes in the industry lately, it made it even tougher. :p

Beginning of the show:
-I was in the arena, and my gooooooodness, that place was PACKED and STACKED. I was sitting in a section relatively close to the stage. As the lights dimmed, the seats filled faster, and I saw Carrie stroll in, and was ready to take a picture. However, we all know Carrie. She put her stuff with Ann Edelblute (she was her date for the night) and a seat filler strolled on over into Carrie's seat, and Carrie was already off backstage (but waved a quick hello to the mini mosh pit by the stage). So I had some time to kick back before I was on Carrie patrol. Brad and Alabama opened up the show with a bang, but I never liked the song in the first place. However, it was cool to see Alabama back at an awards show, but other than that, it didn't top last year's opening of "Travelin' Band" with Carrie, Miranda, Brad, John Fogerty, and Charlie Daniels. :) Toby was a snoozefest. Never had much interest in him or his music, to be quite honest.

During the break, they played commercials on a couple of the jumbotrons, and people SCREAMED when the Olay and Narnia commercials came on with Carrie. :D Myself included......:eek:

Carrie's performance:
-I was starting to relax because I was expecting an award to be announced after the break, but when the announcer said that Bethany and AnnaSophia were coming out, I seriously JUMPED out of my seat. The people next to me were wondering what the heck I was doing :p When Carrie came out, I was already dancing. I looked like a total idiot, but I really didn't care. I was the only one standing during the first verse and the chorus, but when Steven Tyler entered, EVERYONE (and I mean everyone) stood up in the audience. From the front seats to the last rafter, everyone was up. Thaaaaaat's when I went insane. ;D They broke into "Walk This Way", and I thought I lost my mind, along with my voice. I was screaming bloody murder, and there was no stopping me. I was losing every sane bone in my body. Carrie and Steven were killing it, and I never thought I'd see the Judds rock out! :p Everybody was jamming to that performance. Arms were flailing, people were bouncing, screams were vibrating from wall to wall, and that was just me! :D Charles, Dave, and Hillary of Lady A were ALL partying! :) This entire performance was spectacular to witness, and I'm still in awe. I've seen Carrie live 11 times on tour, and this took the cake. She's the best Idol, best Country artist, and arguably the best artist in the music industry, bar none. The standing ovation was secular. Everything about those 6 minutes was life-altering.

After that, it was boring.
THTBM won every award possible, performances couldn't live up to Carrie & Steven, and everything else was downhill form there. It seriously PEAKED after that performance.

During the break when Carrie came back, she got SO many high fives and hugs! :) Miranda, Charles & Hillary from Lady A (I couldn't see where Dave was), Toby, Brad, Keith & Nicole, Taylor and her mom Andrea, Reese, etc. Carrie blew the roof off of the MGM Grand! :D
Throughout the show, people near me were raving that Carrie would upset Miranda for FVOTY! I was feeling really good about it, but then Miranda won, lol. :p It's all good, though.

Everyone was a little taken back by Taylor winning, which surprised me. I was expecting her to win, so I don't know why so many people called it a shocker.
Overall, this entire night was really insane for the first hour. The second two were fun, but didn't live up to Carrie & Steven. That performance will go down in ACM history. :)

Sorry the review didn't include more info of other artists. They weren't as important to me, lol. :p I'll definitely attend the ACAs again in December, and the ACMs next year in April again! :) Next up for me? CMA Fest in Nashville in June! :D

Wow!!! Thanks for the amazing review!! Felt like I was there. :D. Glad to hear you had an absolute blast too, lucky you!!!:p

undrwood9098

I didn't see any interaction between Carrie and Rob. Rob was sitting near Reese, and while Carrie and Reese exchanged a couple words and a high five, I didn't see anything from Rob. Maybe he was too shy to go up to her...?

It might have happened after the show (or maybe just when I wasn't looking during the break), but I didn't see them converse at all. Sorry!

Glad you all liked the review! :)

pkc4rls

thanks for the awesome review! glad you had a blast!!!
one slightly random question- i am not a Rob Patt fan really, but I was wondering if he talked to Carrie at all. it would be kinda cute lol;) i never saw him in the audience so i was wondering if he was just back stage all night.

Hey, I am a big fan and I want to know exactly the same thing, LOL. I know he was scheduled to sit right behind Reese so if there the whole time, would have seen Carrie perform but many times, he shows up just slightly before he is to go on because of his busy schedule and because he kind of dislikes going to these things. He is doing nonstop interviews and promotion of his new film, Water For Elephants but was hoping he was there to see the performance and maybe say something when Reese did. Ughhh, that is a small secondary (distant second) I wanted Carrie to win FVOTY this year so they could get a picture backstage like he did with Miranda of course. Maybe we will get an answer on if she saw anything.

EDIT: Oops, ^ you were typing when I did. Thanks for the answer. Well, he was there during it. Not surprised that he did not say anything I guess. He is shyer then Carrie is or maybe he just did not want to since he does not know her (again maybe from shyness but who knows). Thanks for letting us know he was there during it though.

Last edited:

epicamends

Thanks for your review! Man, that must have been an amazing performance to experience live. Just watching it on TV was amazing, and seeing how much the crowd was getting into it (especially Hillary and Charles from Lady A). I'm so happy to hear that Carrie was getting some much-deserved praise and kudos for her amazing performance when she got back to her seat. :D

teesharky

OMG thanx so much for your review! Wow it sounds like the show definitely peaked after Carrie. lol

The best part of your review is hearing about the hugs and high 5s. Very interesting that Toby Keith gave her a high 5. lol Wow! I just didn't realize he and Carrie were friends. That is awesome.

Very cool she hugged Reese. Still waiting on that elusive photo of them. lol Same with Kelly Clarkson. lol

I would love it if Carrie met Rob P too. lol

thanx so much for the details!

Carrieflattsfan

OMG thanx so much for your review! Wow it sounds like the show definitely peaked after Carrie. lol

The best part of your review is hearing about the hugs and high 5s. Very interesting that Toby Keith gave her a high 5. lol Wow! I just didn't realize he and Carrie were friends. That is awesome.

Very cool she hugged Reese. Still waiting on that elusive photo of them. lol Same with Kelly Clarkson. lol

I would love it if Carrie met Rob P too. lol

thanx so much for the details!

Not meaning this to be rude at all Tee, but you do know just because someone gives someone else a high five doesn't automatically make them friends, right??:p

judes

Thanks for the review- I imagine being at that performance could be a life altering experience! You brought the crowd excitement home to us in that review, thanks!! and can I say lucky you for living so close to the action.

pkc4rls

Not meaning this to be rude at all Tee, but you do know just because someone gives someone else a high five doesn't automatically make them friends, right??:p

Well, not speaking for Tee but I would assume she meant what I was thinking in that I was surprised he would. He acts like he hates Idol and all that goes with it. I think he was once asked if he would ever put anyone like an idol from American Idol on his label he started, if he still has it, and I believe the inference was he would not (which is bull. If Carrie asked to be on his label, he would sure as hell jump at the chance). I mean I would think you do have to make an effort to give a high 5 to someone with all those people crowded in and I honestly did not think he would make the effort to either - so I was actually equally surprised just to hear he did. It took me off guard also. I just had this feeling he disliked her. And you are right in that he might not be friends with her (or could be) and still give a high 5 but I thought he really would not even bother to do it. I believe that is more what Tee means but I am sure she can speak for herself.

Meant to add that I love your review underwood9098!!!

Last edited:

teesharky

I know. I just meant that for some reason, I never thought of Toby as the type of person to even LIKE Carrie. lol Not sure why. They are just 2 very very different people with different styles, etc. I like Toby Keith. He has some really good songs.

It just struck me as really funny and unexpected that he would give Carrie a high 5. lol I am glad he did-- it makes me like him even more. :)

DizzyDollyDee

I can't for the life of me comprehend what it was like to be there and live thru that performance live!!! Life altering you bet!! So happy for you!! Great review!

opry051008

Thanks for such a wonderful review. I laughed out loud as I was reading all about your excitement with Carrie and Steven's performance and then you follow with ... "After that, it was boring." LOL!!!

Btw, at the very end of the performance after Carrie sings Walk this way then turns away from the mic (right after the step kick sequence), is that the audience you can hear at 2:49 of the video singing "Talk this way"? I wasn't sure if that was the band or the audience because I thought that the audience would have to be pretty loud to hear them over the band and tv feed.

opry051008

I know. I just meant that for some reason, I never thought of Toby as the type of person to even LIKE Carrie. lol Not sure why. They are just 2 very very different people with different styles, etc. I like Toby Keith. He has some really good songs.

It just struck me as really funny and unexpected that he would give Carrie a high 5. lol I am glad he did-- it makes me like him even more. :)

If my memory is correct Tee, I think that Toby said some nice things about Carrie once when he was on the same venue as her. I think it was an outdoor festival of some kind.

bigbluegrl23

Thanks for such a wonderful review. I laughed out loud as I was reading all about your excitement with Carrie and Steven's performance and then you follow with ... "After that, it was boring." LOL!!!

Btw, at the very end of the performance after Carrie sings Walk this way then turns away from the mic (right after the step kick sequence), is that the audience you can hear at 2:49 of the video singing "Talk this way"? I wasn't sure if that was the band or the audience because I thought that the audience would have to be pretty loud to hear them over the band and tv feed.

I've been wondering the same thing! haha
becca T

Thank you so much for your review! I love hearing about all the little interactions and 'behind the scenes' stuff that goes on at these award shows.

On another note, super jealous that you were though. It's, like, one of my life goals to go to the ACM's or the CMA's. haha.

undrwood9098

I'm not sure. I was too busy leaping like an idiot and screaming to a point where my vocal chords felt shattered to notice. :p

nanna05

If my memory is correct Tee, I think that Toby said some nice things about Carrie once when he was on the same venue as her. I think it was an outdoor festival of some kind.
Maybe Toby was impressed with her performance. He does have an eye for talent. Maybe he was floored as Brad was and was seriously giving her a high five like you nailed that girl!

rainbow1

Toby does countless Charity events here in Okla. I mean tons! At so many of them, Carrie is involved in some way...donating signed guitars etc. They are fellow Okies, after all.