Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 MTV Music Awards

carriefann

The 2011 MTV Music Awards will be starting soon in an hour or so!

Who do you think will walk away the big winners tonight? Could it be Taylor Swift? Lady Gaga? Justin Bieber perhaps? Rihanna?

Also, expect mind-blowing peformances and moments to be talked about tomorrow!

Chat up the 2011 MTV Music Awards here!

carriefann

I think the biggest new winner of the show could be Adele, whose "Rolling in the Deep" was insanely popular this summer. Anyone know if she will be there?

carriecountrystar

I don't think taylor was even nominated at all. lol

I predict Katy Perry to be the big winner tonight. I don't even watch it but I hear she's got the most nominations.

dsfox2009

I hope that Katy becomes the big winner of the night! While I love "Rolling In The Deep", I didn't think it was anything special. She sat in a chair the whole time... :unsure:

Katy's ET was visually remarkable. Firework was so uplfiting. Last Friday Night was...ok. Rihanna is somehow not even nominated, even though I thought Only Girl was an awesome video! I think that Britney will win for Pop video, but not choreography. That one will go to Beyonce. Really...Gaga has a tough run for her money this year. Maybe she will be able to pull off a win. Idk yet...

hjj

I think Adele even made a sarcastic remark acknowledging her video was not anything.

carriefann

Yeah sometimes the video doesn't even have to be good (witness Taylor Swift). All it takes is for people to like the artist or the song, and they will vote for the video anyway. That's why I think Adele may win big.

Gross, Jersey Shore on pre-show.:(

dsfox2009

My thoughts exactly! It is my belief that Jersey Shore is the worst show that has ever been syndicated on television. It rots brain cells :p

twaintrain

Adele. Adele. Adele.

Most of the others can't hold a candle to her. She probably won't win because she's substance over flash.

Carrieflattsfan

LMAO!

JWoww is wearing the same dress Carrie wore at the 2010 ACMs when she opened the show. Carrie wore it better. Haha! #VMAs

122715832.jpg

teesharky

Wow the Jersey shore looked so trashy....lol Not that this should surprise me. lol

I broke down and watched my first episode of that show ever, last week, when they went to Italy. Wow. That is all I will say. lol There is really no plot. They just drink and hook up. lol

I am glad you guys started a thread on this as I think tonight will be really good....and hopefully Taylor free-- since she has a show in LA. lol

teesharky

LMAO!

JWoww is wearing the same dress Carrie wore at the 2010 ACMs when she opened the show. Carrie wore it better. Haha! #VMAs

122715832.jpg

oh wow good call. lol Carrie definitely looks better in it. But you know they will show the comparisons in the rag mags of who wore it better. lol

teesharky

I don't think taylor was even nominated at all. lol

I predict Katy Perry to be the big winner tonight. I don't even watch it but I hear she's got the most nominations.

Taylor was not nominated at first--- but then her fans were so angry and rabid that MTV came up with some BS category that they added like a week later--- something like "Best Video with a Message" for Mean, no less. Total bs.

I am sure she will win her category as it is fan voted.....unfortunately-- but she is in LA, so I suppose they will show her via satellite again,...what a joke. She is the only one they show via satellite lately...If others are not there, they don't show the category. Annoying.

Cps235

LMAO!

122715832.jpg

Carrie looks a million times better in that outfit. I wonder what inspired JWoww to wear that dress. That dress is a one of a kind :)

Carrieflattsfan

Taylor was not nominated at first--- but then her fans were so angry and rabid that MTV came up with some BS category that they added like a week later--- something like "Best Video with a Message" for Mean, no less. Total bs.
I am sure she will win her category as it is fan voted.....unfortunately-- but she is in LA, so I suppose they will show her via satellite again,...what a joke. She is the only one they show via satellite lately...If others are not there, they don't show the category. Annoying.

What?? What a joke.

I did see that category on Twitter; Gaga won that award. :)

teesharky

YES!! Taylor lost her category to LAdy Gaga! They showed some early winners on MTV Red Carpet! It is a Taylor Free Night! woohoo!

Born This Way
just won Best Video with a Message, according to Pulse! :)

Rock Video: Foo Fighers, Walk
Pop Video: Britney Spears, Till the World Ends
Hip Hop Video: Nicki Minaj, Super Bass
Collaboration: Katy Perry feat. Kanye West, E.T.
Choreography: Beyoncé, Run the World (Girls)
Arti Direction: ADELE, Rolling in the Deep
Video with a Message: Lady Gaga, Born This Way

dsfox2009

Adele. Adele. Adele.

Most of the others can't hold a candle to her. She probably won't win because she's substance over flash.

While I agree with you to some extent...I don't think Adele should be recognized for this video. She deserves awards for the amazingness that is her voice...but the video for that song could have been better! :( Just wait until Grammy time though. She will slay her competition!