Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Winter Olympics

maddkat

Staff member
anyone watching?
I have on ski jumping now.Find it very scary but fascinating.Also looking forward to more short track speed skating, curling ( don't judge) and of course figure skating( hope Chen bounces back)

Loved how they lit the cauldron at the opening ceremonies.

DaisyTweets

anyone watching?
I have on ski jumping now.Find it very scary but fascinating.Also looking forward to more short track speed skating, curling ( don't judge) and of course figure skating( hope Chen bounces back)

Loved how they lit the cauldron at the opening ceremonies.
Hey D, no judging from me about the curling. I've been watching that as well. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

rainbow1

I watched the whole thing last night. Very exciting and beautiful. Ready for all the action now!!

Kizmet311

I've been watching a little bit of figure skating. The opening ceremonies were beautiful. Has anyone heard TC yet? I know we won one gold medal so far in snowboarding.

maddkat

Staff member
^ no TC

most amazing so far for me was Krueger winning the skiathlon.He fell 200M in and 2-3 guys fell on top of him and yet he won.It was just amazing.Also how exciting was Mazder winning silver in the luge? First medal ever for American men!

Watching moguls hurts my body.

DaisyTweets

And wasn't it amazing that in snowboarding it was a 17 yr old American who won the gold!! He won the first gold medal of the games for the US. And now for the snowboarding women, its another 17 yr old who finished in the top spot during the qualifying round. If I remember correctly the USA has 4 women out of 12 spots in the medal round.

DaisyTweets

I felt bad for the USA mixed doubles curling team. They had some bad breaks so they ended up with only 2 wins. But hey, it was fun to watch. It fascinates me how strategic and technical this sport is.

teesharky

I loved that Red snowboarding kid. So inspiring to see back after being in last place to win gold!

However isit just me or does it seem like the figure skating judges are not really feeling Team
USA? Our skaters had clean performances big got low balled in scoring to skaters that fell.

Hil

I usually watch as much as I can. My family always watched as a kid, so I usually never miss watching now. kinda tradition.

maddkat

Staff member
I loved that Red snowboarding kid. So inspiring to see back after being in last place to win gold!

However isit just me or does it seem like the figure skating judges are not really feeling Team
USA? Our skaters had clean performances big got low balled in scoring to skaters that fell.
did you see the women's halfpipe last night? whoa Chloe Kim killed it on her first run and then did it again on her last after she had won the gold.

on the flip side there's this scary crash in the women's luge - https://thewest.com.au/sport/winter-olympics/big-crash-mars-womens-luge-bc-5732837962001

rcramer

Wow, to see Nathan Chen in Seventeenth place what a true disappointment....... The Gold was his to lose and he did...

One of the true highlights I was looking forward to going into the Olympics was him. Sad......

stan

Nathan Chen and Vincent Zhou are now in 1 & 2 position ... what a turnaround. Japan's Yuzuru Hanyu was absolutely fantastic yesterday so it's gonna be quite interesting. First time watching men's figure skating lol ... Malaysia's Julian Yee is the first ever winter olympian from here btw

rainbow1

It's 11;15 in Okla and they just played The Champion to end tonight's show!!!!! It looked Soooooooo good!!!!!!

stan

Now that figure skaters can skate to music with lyrics, somebody should slip a Carrie cd into their duffel bags. If they can skate to Pink Floyd's Money, they should be able to skate to Carrie's Blown Away too!

maddkat

Staff member
loved the part where they played 'knock me down I get up again' over Krueger!

His race comeback was my favorite part of the first week.The tenacity, the spirit,the will ...it was awesome.

I'm guessing at the end of week 2 we'll see another TC montage.