Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 ACM Awards May 16, 2024

CU4ever

With the Grammys over tonight, the next two major award shows are the CMTs in April and the ACMs in May.

Carrie definitely won't even be at the CMTs (nothing to be nominated) so the next noteworthy show for her would be the ACMs in May. Submissions opened last month, I believe. We should be hearing things soon.

Historically, the ACMs have been more favorable to Carrie than the CMAs have been. They also seem to listen to fan feedback a bit more, and respond to backlash from CMAs.

I guess I wonder if Carrie will go to this show. I hope she gets nominated for FVOTY and EOTY. I would guess she probably goes to the show, but does not win. I'd like her to win, but the voters are having fun awarding their favorite people as of late.

monkeyboy16

Couldn’t Carrie possibly get a nomination for her Vince Gill performance at CMTs? I know she always gets snubbed in that category, but there’s always a chance

Michael Reid

Couldn’t Carrie possibly get a nomination for her Vince Gill performance at CMTs? I know she always gets snubbed in that category, but there’s always a chance
That was tail end of 2022, and last year you had Chris Stapleton get nominated for his performance at that show. So that chance of getting nominated for it is out.

I think the only chance for a nomination would be for her performance at Last Years CMT awards for Pink Champagne, or Hate my Heart. Last year you had 5 of those performances from the previous years show get nominated.
Unless they give her an equal play or Special award.

Zach1998

I could see CMT nominating her for performance for “Pink Champagne” just to get her a nomination so she can perform.

I bet she skips the ACMs this year too. Just like last year. If she skipped the CMAs I think it’s only a given. Unless she wants to pop in with random OOTT promo (if it’s still being promoted then) or a hits medley for her vegas run.

liz278

I read somewhere that Carrie was sick when the CMAS were on. She didn't just skip. I know that she skipped the ACMs and I can see her skipping the CMTs because she doesn't have anything nominated but it would be nice to have her perform OOTT.

countrymusicfan15

I read somewhere that Carrie was sick when the CMAS were on. She didn't just skip. I know that she skipped the ACMs and I can see her skipping the CMTs because she doesn't have anything nominated but it would be nice to have her perform OOTT.
Carrie was never announced as a performer or presenter though. I would think if she was gonna be there she would have at least been a presenter?? But I guess it’s possible she was just gonna go and not be either and got sick

CU4ever

Maybe just an idea, but I think Carrie doesn’t go to a show when she’s not nominated for FVOTY. It’s very disrespectful to leave her out, considering she’s one of the top women in the genre, and I think she realizes that. She went to the shows in 2022, so I wonder if that’s why she skipped both last year

Zach1998

Carrie was never announced as a performer or presenter though. I would think if she was gonna be there she would have at least been a presenter?? But I guess it’s possible she was just gonna go and not be either and got sick
She still went to the 2020 CMAs without being a performer, to my knowledge she wasn’t a presenter either.

Zach1998

I just at least want a bit televised performance of OOTT. We didn’t get a video; I at least want some type of visual to associate with it.

It’d be iconic if she brought back the Play On blue truck from tour and flew around the arena for a performance.

CU4ever

Per country aircheck, second round of voting for nominations is going on today through March 26. No idea what UMG is promoting for Carrie as not a single ad from them for any artist, despite country aircheck being wall to wall of ACM “for your consideration” ads

Zach1998

Not really surprised by no noms this year. Really nobody else from Carrie’s generation got any noms either. I think this is the first year Miranda’s not been in FVOTY e since she started. So it’s nice to know that it’s not just Carrie.

monkeyboy16

It’s clear country music has entered a new era and it’s one I’m glad to be sitting out of. It’s funny tho. Back in the old days when Carrie was the new kid on the block, we were defending Carrie to the people that were saying the same thing about her and her generation. I guess it’s just the circle of life haha.

CU4ever

Ashley McBryde getting FVOTY is kind of wild though. If she got it, Carrie should have IMO.

I see Lainey is now nominated for EOTY. Guess that’s not gonna change ever 😕

I don’t know why these shows just want new artists, even if they’re not popular.

anyway, these shows are a joke. Hopefully they get canceled sooner rather than later

Last edited:

rcramer

^^^ I didnt expect Miranda also....
It’s clear country music has entered a new era and it’s one I’m glad to be sitting out of. It’s funny tho. Back in the old days when Carrie was the new kid on the block, we were defending Carrie to the people that were saying the same thing about her and her generation. I guess it’s just the circle of life haha.

I have to agree with you... But the most irriating for me is the true merit for which these awards should be about... The powers to be have ruined award shows all the way down to the most elite the Grammys..... Sad state of affairs we are in....

Even when Carrie was the new kid on the block, she stood her own amognst the greats in the business.... Simon Cowell was so right about her when she was on American Idol, when he basically said you could take her out of this competition and compete in the real word with a mult-platiumum artist... Plus she had that likeabiltiy factor, not to mention that VOICE...

liz278

I realized that I don't really care about these anymore. I don't listen to country music anymore (I do listen to Carrie's Country 😀) so I really don't have any idea what these people are doing. I just hope that LW doesn't win everything, that some other women can win. I saw the list of people who had the most nomination and realized that I don't like any of them. So not even bothering to watch.