Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A plea to internet message boarders (especially Dixie Chick and Hound fans)

Farawayhills

The moderator of one of the DC and CYH fan boards, who has done a lot of hard work over the years for the internet fan community, has had to face some serious and worrying medical news. I won't go into details, to protect her privacy - but please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Farawayhills

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Sadly, this lady passed away today.
I never knew her personally, but she was one of those people on whom music fans rely for news and community interaction. The internet is richer because of the voluntary time and effort such people give.

Condolences to her family and friends. May God rest her soul in peace.

Carrieflattsfan

This was posted on DC's Facebook this morning; is it dedicated to her?

This week's Friday Feature is dedicated to the memory of Nancy Atkins who lost her battle with cancer this week. Her passion for DCX, DCX fans, and for life will always be remembered and will be sorely missed!

Farawayhills

Yes, that is the lady. She was a generous fan, who collected many video clips, a lot of which are reposted on YouTube. She used the nickname "Natkins". As an example of her care for the fans, when she had a meeting with the Chicks, she was invited to have lunch first with their blogger, Junichi, who would answer any questions. Instead of accepting on her own, and getting an "inside exclusive", she asked if she could bring a group of other fans too, which he agreed to.

As expected with fan base rivalry generally, not all Dixie fans like Carrie, seeing her as winning awards they would prefer to go to their favourites, but Nancy was not like that. She had a video of Carrie singing "Sin Wagon" on her site.

As far as I know, her surviving family are her brother and nephew - they are very touched by the tributes and remembrances, so thanks to all who posted or prayed for Nancy.