Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC's Rising Star

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
it is!!
so much of the time nothing was going on and a lot of it made no sense.
if you don't get enough votes to raise the wall "and thats it" according to Josh, why raise the wall to talk to them? Move on.

after this initial wall round what's next?

and the judges getting 7% each?? If they vote to keep you then it only takes 49% of America to get through? Absurd! I'd like to see them get rid of the judges all together and just let America decided.No sob stories, no after performance chats.You get up sing for 1:30 and either make it or not and then the next contestant goes.

Josh was way too chatty.He talked endlessly.

The girl they just plucked out of the audience....could that have been more awkward and staged.

and the talent level as a whole was dismal.

I think this show has little future much like that really bad duets show a few years ago.Anyone no how many episodes are scheduled? They may not even air them all.

Just a small correction. If you think of it as points, the judges account for 21 points and the app voting accounts for 79 points. If all 3 judges vote for you, you only need 49 out of 79 from the app voting. That is actually 62% of the app voting. And it would be very hard to get through if none of the judges voted for you as you would need almost 89% (70 out of 79) of the app voting to get through. With 1 judge, you need 80% (63 out of 79). With 2 judges, you need, 71% (56 out of 79).

AdamJ

I watched the show last night because of Brad and curiosity. I was not impressed. I lost interest about 1/4th of the way in. I did not see one outstanding artist. I am not impressed with The Voice either. You would think after 5 years (???) they would have at least one outstanding artist. The artists on the Voice are mediocre at best. In my opinion it is more about the judges than the contestants---and I can not stand the bro love at all.

lizcarlo

I watched the show last night because of Brad and curiosity. I was not impressed. I lost interest about 1/4th of the way in. I did not see one outstanding artist. I am not impressed with The Voice either. You would think after 5 years (???) they would have at least one outstanding artist. The artists on the Voice are mediocre at best. In my opinion it is more about the judges than the contestants---and I can not stand the bro love at all.

I did not catch the first episode so I'm going to watch the next one. I don't think ill like it especially from the decsciptions on here. Carrie got so much backlash for being on American Idol when she first started her career, and now all these country stars are being judges on these singing competition shows, I think she paved the way for it to be acceptable in country.

The Voice is the only one I have watched and I don't even watch that every season. I'm not saying its not about the singer at all. The judges celebrity is big part of its success and the show. I think its going to be hard for any reality singing competition show to get a star. There is so many of them now, that its going to be impossible for every single person who win these shows to have career like Carrie.

I takes more than talent to be success. You have to some kind of connection to the public and have star quality at the very least to be this successful several years in your career. It doesn't hurt that Carrie knows how to handle the media and knows how to choose her words carefully. That's just a bonus for her. That's probably one of the many reasons she has not had a scandal because she does not put her foot in her mouth.

bluetb4

Darn, I was really hoping it would be a hit for Brad's sake. I am going to watch the entire show this Sunday.

I loved the commercials for the show...really cool.

pkc4rls

Yeah, I saw in the comments on that site, many or most on there that watched seemed to be trashing it sadly. I didn't watch but they are all saying it was terrible and the judges were terrible - basically saying all was terrible etc etc lol. Ah to bad so many disliked it.

Marie2011

Hopefully the first episode was just 2 hours cause it was the premiere and the next episode just be an hour long meaning less commercials.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Well it looks like they learned from last week. There is minimal filler so far. And the performance is backstory video straight to performance and then judge's comments.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Well, they had 2 performances before the first commercial. But after that, they went back to a commercial after every performance. And the second hour had more filler. They easily could have gotten 2 more performances in. Plus I didn't really see a star in the 12 performances they did have. Most of the performers getting through were on potential and maybe back story. Finally, can they be any more obvious with their tactic. The first and last performers missed by 1 or 2%, giving west coast viewers the opportunity to save these performers.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
So far, 2 duels with the artist getting the most votes from the general public going home because of the judge's votes. So much for the public being in control.

Edit: The 3rd duel was a blowout. So it did not matter how the judges voted.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Sarah Darling lost the west coast save by a fraction of a percent. So we won't be seeing her perform a Carrie song on the show. But Brad invited Sarah to join him at the Opry on Friday, when Brad is schedule to appear. Maybe Carrie will show up to support her too.