Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ACM Honors Superstar Women with “Girls’ Night Out”

Cps235

Clockwise from top left: Reba McEntire; Martina McBride; Miranda Lambert; Jennifer Nettles and Carrie Underwood. Photos of Martina, Miranda and Carrie courtesy of Sony Music Nashville. Photo of Reba courtesy of the Valory Music Co. Photo of Jennifer courtesy of UMG Nashville.

The Academy of Country Music and dick clark productions announced today that country superstars Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles, Reba and Carrie Underwood are the first artists scheduled to appear and be honored at the “Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country” taping on Monday, April 4, 2011 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The special will air at a later date on CBS.
“Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country” is a special tribute concert featuring an A-list lineup of performers paying respect to today’s most incredible country music female artists, all of whom will be honored with unique accolades from the Academy for special achievements in their careers. Additional honorees and participating talent announcements are forthcoming and ticket sales from the special will benefit ACM Lifting Lives, the charitable arm of the Academy.
Miranda Lambert – Will be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Album of the Year, twice, first for “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend” in 2007 and again for “Revolution” in 2009
Martina McBride – Will be recognized by ACM Lifting Lives for her dedication to raising social consciousness through songs such as “Independence Day” and “Concrete Angel,” which raise awareness of domestic violence and encourage female empowerment; McBride has won Top Female Vocalist three times, in 2001, 2002 and 2003
Jennifer Nettles – Will be recognized for being only one of two female artists in the Academy’s history to ever solo write and perform Song of the Year, in 2007, with “Stay”
Reba – Will be recognized for winning Top Female Vocalist more times than any other artist in the Academy’s history – a whopping seven times
Carrie UnderwoodWill be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Entertainer of the Year, twice, first in 2008 and again in 2009 (she is the reigning Entertainer of the Year, since Awards recognize the previous calendar year’s work)
Tickets for Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country are on sale NOW at Ticketmaster, priced at $200, $150, $100. Ticket proceeds will go to ACM Lifting Lives.

Starting TOMORROW, Jan. 27 at noon Eastern, you can click HERE to cast your vote for the ACM 2011 Top New Artist!
For more information on Girls’ Night Out or the ACM Awards, visit ACMcountry.com.

ACM Honors Superstar Women with “Girls’ Night Out” | GAC News & Notes

Jade_kt

Hopefully they don't omit Carrie at the last minute like they did her EOTY nomination. But I will give credit for them at least nominating her the other two times we won it for her :D This will probably be the only part of the ACM award show I will be watching though.

Last edited:

hjj

I thought it was ominous when they had already decided her to honor her for her two wins as EOTY prior to the announcements of the noms for this yr ACMs. I guess the writing was on the wall but it is a nice honor. I wonder what songs she will choose to do.

harry_potter_211

I thought it was ominous when they had already decided her to honor her for her two wins as EOTY prior to the announcements of the noms for this yr ACMs. I guess the writing was on the wall but it is a nice honor. I wonder what songs she will choose to do.

I didn't think about that. That is a very good point...

harry_potter_211

Is Carrie going to sing at this event? If so, then she is going to blow everyone away with her amazing voice and show who really is the best female vocalist and entertainer of the year.

supercarriefan

This is going to be one ackward "Girls Night out" w/ the craziness going on lately.

Awkward for whom? Carrie and Miranda are friends plus they both were screwed in a way by this whole thing (Carrie not getting the nom, and the politics behind Miranda getting the nom won't help her). I don't imagine they are angry with each other.
I'm sure all of the women involved will put on a stellar, professional show. The only people that may make it awkward are the fans.
I personally think we should see this special as a great thing, and not turn it into something negative in light of the recent happenings.
We still get Carrie on our televisions :)...that is never a bad thing!

Awkward for whom? Carrie and Miranda are friends plus they both were screwed in a way by this whole thing (Carrie not getting the nom, and the politics behind Miranda getting the nom won't help her). I don't imagine they are angry with each other.
I'm sure all of the women involved will put on a stellar, professional show. The only people that may make it awkward are the fans.
I personally think we should see this special as a great thing, and not turn it into something negative in light of the recent happenings.
We still get Carrie on our televisions :)...that is never a bad thing!

I agree with the bold part...I know I'll enjoy it.

Gator

I hope they not only recognize Carrie for her 2x EOTY, but also for all of her ACM wins, including Triple Crown and 3x Top Female Vocalist. I noticed they included TFV in Martina's write up, but not in Carrie's. Odd.

Jade_kt

They can tag team. Carrie and Reba on one side. Martina Mcbride and Miranda on the other. Jennifer Nettles can just referee :D Just kidding.

Last edited:

kyle

Carrie will have a great time being honored and plus she's close with these girls so it really be like "girls night out" hopefully :)

Pi314CA

After carefully reading the accolades, I find some of them not that overwhelmingly impressive to the point of honoring. Solo writer of song of year... humm, while its an achievement, I think its a bit of a stretch to be honored for it. Two albums of the year is enough to honor? I wonder how many times a man has achieved these two feats. No putting down the achievements, but this elevation of females is kind of odd. One can take this the other way and say that females have not achieved for so many decades until now. Perhaps its just a reason to have an event. I would have preferred an event to honor Reba.

Sorry if this post was politically incorrect or found to be offensive. I didn't mean to.

hjj

It would have been a lot more enjoyable for Carrie I would imagine if this was on the end of getting a nomination of EOTY and even losing since this was her biggest tour this yr. Too bad she was not recognized by neither CMA/ACM for her great yr.

DaisyTweets

After carefully reading the accolades, I find some of them not that overwhelmingly impressive to the point of honoring. Solo writer of song of year... humm, while its an achievement, I think its a bit of a stretch to be honored for it. Two albums of the year is enough to honor? I wonder how many times a man has achieved these two feats. No putting down the achievements, but this elevation of females is kind of odd. One can take this the other way and say that females have not achieved for so many decades until now. Perhaps its just a reason to have an event. I would have preferred an event to honor Reba.

Sorry if this post was politically incorrect or found to be offensive. I didn't mean to.

I think this is probably the biggest reason. CBS is looking to capitalize on popularity of the country music genre. But anything it will air in May during sweeps!!!!