Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AI 10 Scotty McCreery lets us know which past show winner has had an influence on him

opry051008

I just don't know how he's going to handle the different genres. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt right now.

HuiZ

I just don't know how he's going to handle the different genres. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt right now.
I think it was mentioned before this season started that they won't be trying to force contestants into different genres as much as they did in the past. The themes are going to be more open like "Songs from fave artists", "Billboard #1", rather than... "Country week", "Broadway" etc.

That said, some of the best moments in recent seasons actually came from those out-of-the-box performances. Like Cook's "Always Be My Baby", Kris singing Kanye's song etc :p

JB172

I think it was mentioned before this season started that they won't be trying to force contestants into different genres as much as they did in the past. The themes are going to be more open like "Songs from fave artists", "Billboard #1", rather than... "Country week", "Broadway" etc.

That said, some of the best moments in recent seasons actually came from those out-of-the-box performances. Like Cook's "Always Be My Baby", Kris singing Kanye's song etc :p

I think that the opening up the themes more was another one of Nigel's ideas and Iovine likely had some hand in it too.

pklongbeach

YEah, I would think Carrie had quite an impact. He is so young he probably barely remembers country before Carrie.

Britt011

I'm rooting for Scotty and James!
I think that's a great thing that they aren't forcing them into singing different genres. I honestly got bored with the themed nights, like Broadway night, a famous band night...etc.
I really thought AI wouldn't last without Simon, but I can honestly say I'm really loving this season. Steven & Jennifer are great as the new judges.

bigbluegrl23

i really like lauren alaina. you can tell she legitimately loves carrie and shes not just saying it to her the biggest idol's fans lol
becca T

allamericangirl8

I like this decision a LOT more, but I do agree that some of the better performances came from forcing a contestant into a genre.

jaylee50

I love his response "Carrie Underwood for sure". I think Josh, oops I mean Scotty, will do great.
The incredible talent on Idol this year is beyond what the past several years have offered.

Carrieflattsfan

Aww, Scotty's response was too cute! Carrie really paved the way for country artists on Idol, and that's something she'll always be remembered for.

Lauren's response was great as well'; it's awesome to hear her pick Carrie, plus give some love to one of her more polarizing songs.
Fans can argue all day that a song is weak, shouldn't be a single, and so on, but it's responses like this that show Carrie can still make everything she sings memorable & meaningful to people who look past flaws.:)