Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AI 10 Scotty McCreery lets us know which past show winner has had an influence on him

sur_crazy4carrie

I think it was mentioned before this season started that they won't be trying to force contestants into different genres as much as they did in the past. The themes are going to be more open like "Songs from fave artists", "Billboard #1", rather than... "Country week", "Broadway" etc.

That said, some of the best moments in recent seasons actually came from those out-of-the-box performances. Like Cook's "Always Be My Baby", Kris singing Kanye's song etc :p

It's good that they are not giving them specific genres to choose their songs from. Technically neither David nor Kris really deviated from their style singing 'Always be my baby' and 'Heartless'. David only had to pick a Mariah song and Kris could've chosen anything.The riskier things for them came when David sang 'Music of the night' (which he did brilliantly) or when in season 8 there was Disco and Kris sang 'She works hard for the money' which also turned out really good. But often forcing someone to do a genre doesn't do them any favors. Even Carrie faltered with the soul round. Nobody asked her to pick a rock song when she did 'Alone' but that performance is the stuff of legends as far as AI is concerned. It's always better when what they do is an extension of who they are.

carriefan06

but u see the more the american idol singers step out of their comfort zone the more fans they will get and plus the reward for stepping out
of their comfort zone willl be greater for the singer