Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All American Girl vs. Do You Think About Me

AAG vs DYTAM

• Total voters

epicamends

Do You Think About Me. I really like AAG, but it's never been a huge favourite of mine (perhaps because I'm Canadian, haha), whereas I absolutely LOVE DYTAM.

carebear4eva

Ooh, this is hard. I think DYTAM is the "better" song, but AAG is so deliciously pop... I think I prefer AAG.

Also, how interesting is it that a woman who's had an absolute fairytale life from the minute she was born has only 2 happy songs in 4 CDs worth of material! :p

I guess there are a couple of others that qualify as happy, though...TT is an obvious one.

carebear4eva

Do You Think About Me. I really like AAG, but it's never been a huge favourite of mine (perhaps because I'm Canadian, haha), whereas I absolutely LOVE DYTAM.

Born and will forever proudly be Indian, raised in Dubai, living in Canada now. LOVE the song :p

thunder92

Thats a tuff one. AAG is one of my all time favorites and while DYTAM is too its still really fresh so it has an unfair advantage for me

epicamends

Born and will forever proudly be Indian, raised in Dubai, living in Canada now. LOVE the song :p

I never said I don't like the song. I just don't particularly connect with the football references and stuff. ;) I love the song, but I don't love it nearly as much as I love DYTAM. :)

carebear4eva

I never said I don't like the song. I just don't particularly connect with the football references and stuff. ;) I love the song, but I don't love it nearly as much as I love DYTAM. :)

Lol, I know....I was just saying :)

I wonder how Carrie would mix up the song if she played in India? All-Indian Girl has one fewer syllables than All-American Girl, so that would throw it off horribly. I'm intrigued :)

Too bad we'll never get to find out, BECAUSE CARRIE HATES ALL OF ASIA :'(

The Nanook

I love both songs, but I think AAG is the stronger song lyrically and melodically (I actually really like the production on the Carnival Ride songs). Along with these two, the only other "happy" song of Carrie's is EEA. I wish she had sung that on her floating stage over Get out of This Town (though I like that song too).

allamericangirl8

DYTAM is probably the better song, but I have a special attachment to AAG. Both songs are incredible, though, and I don't mind DYTAM winning.

Edit: Whoa. Just voted. Didn't expect AAG to be in the lead. Well, still. They're both incredible songs.

Farawayhills

I wouldn't put either of these songs among my favourites - but marginally, I prefer "Do You Think About Me"

(I wouldn't describe it as a "happy" song though - I see it as a nostalgic, bittersweet remembrance of a lost time that can't be recaptured)

thunder92

I think I like AAG a little bit more, but a lot because its older and still one of my favorites. But I think DYTAM is the better song