Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amber Holcomb thread

Carebear1997

Well, I feel the other 3 stellar girls this year have a thread, so Amber deserves one. She is in the same league as them if you ask me. How do you feel about Amber? I think she is very underrated. She is my favorite and I think she deserves to win at this point. She has so much star quality and she kind of resembles Jordin Sparks in a way. With the vulnerability and the smiling. Candice,Kree,and Angie should join Amber in the top 4, but I don't see Amber making past the top 7. I don't know why Lazaro and Janelle fly by past her when she is incredible. I really hope Lazaro leaves soon.

pklongbeach

Completely agree with above.
There is an unasummnig quality that makes me want to root for her.
But after this last wek, I almost feel like she has a target on her back.

But I will admit that she has got to figure out how to be more expressive. The aundiece wants the singer to tell a story with their song. OFten they don'e even care what the story is. AS long as you tell it with feeling.

HEr voice is amazing. And I personally love her tone. It could melt me.

She has got to do more. In fairness to the others (aside from Laz, who should not even be there at all), she has got to up her game.

Come on Amber, Im rooting for you!!

Carebear1997

Completely agree with above.
There is an unasummnig quality that makes me want to root for her.
But after this last wek, I almost feel like she has a target on her back.

But I will admit that she has got to figure out how to be more expressive. The aundiece wants the singer to tell a story with their song. OFten they don'e even care what the story is. AS long as you tell it with feeling.

HEr voice is amazing. And I personally love her tone. It could melt me.

She has got to do more. In fairness to the others (aside from Laz, who should not even be there at all), she has got to up her game.

Come on Amber, Im rooting for you!!

Yes! I am happy someone else is rooting her on. She is so uplifting and I smile almost every time she performs. She just makes me so happy. It's hard to find singers like that.

And @Thai, She is much better than Candice as a star. Candice has the vocals and emotion, but where does she go with that? I feel this year's winner will be Angie, but it is possible that they will try to pimp Janelle up to give her the win. Or Kree. I would be happy with Kree,Amber,Angie,or even Candice winning. But, Janelle shouldn't be pimped up just because she is a country blonde bombshell, just like Lazaro shouldn't be pimped for having a stutter.

DizzyDollyDee

Yes, the judges do start to pick on some when the race gets this close just to see if they can sway the votes away so their choice will be sure to rise. Personally I find most of them so good that, except for Laz, it's going to be disappointing every week to see such talent leave. I've never felt they've had as much talent as they do this year. I agree, I do think Amber is right up there but they are making her lose her confidence and that'll affect her unless she can figure a way for it to make her stronger. The girls are phenomenal this year. Janelle was blah to me till the last couple weeks where she has had better song choices and what a difference that makes. I haven't noticed where they are picking her more than the others just because she is country. I think she is a little better to remember because her voice is distinctly country but that doesn't mean she is better.

JB172

She will not deserve to go home before the Top 5 but I sure can see it happening to Amber, I am not the biggest fan of hers and this past week was one of my favorite performances of hers yet she still ended up in the bottom 2 shows that she isn't connecting with people so I think that she will be out soon and she very well could be the one who gets the save used on them.

As for Lazaro, he is only around because he is very likeable and he is just another example of why the show is more about being likeable than it is vocals.

The Top 5 should be the five girls but I could see Lazaro taking either Janelle or Amber's spot in the Top 5, I would be stunned if Angie, Candice and Kree are not in the Top 5.

pklongbeach

As we get closer to the top, both Kree and Candice may start to suffer in the personality department.
Both are very good. But as we narrow the voting field, can you see young people voting for Kree (the soccor mom) or Candice (the cold hard diva)? I don't think so.

Nashville (and the bible belt) seems to be going with Janelle cause she is their idea of country.
Young girls are voting for Laz exclusively.

Those are strong fan bases to compete against.

Amber has got to tap into her younger side, and enjoy herself and sing young music.
That will be her one hope. But its not a great one.

pklongbeach

Also, these themed weeks make it very difficult for someone like Amber to hold onto a young contemporary vibe.

ITs much easier for Laz (cause the young ones are already voting for him anyway) and Janelle who can sing more tradtional rock and blues country motown folk, and it is still going to fit into the knitch her voters want to hear her in.

Carebear1997

What I see happening this season..

8.Amber
7.Devin
6.Burnell
5.Janelle
4.Lazaro
3.Candice
2.Kree
1.Angie

What should happen..

8.Lazaro
7.Janelle
6.Devin
5.Burnell
4 - 1 = Kree,Amber,Angie,Candice

I know I am going to vote crazy for Amber this week. Idol can not afford to lose such marketable artist. She has already been slumped, I don't see her coming back up.

_luvqry

One of my favorites if not the favorite. I just love her but I think even though her vocals are always amazing it seems "safe" for the audience. She really needs to pick a song the audience will relate to and it's just a bad luck AI doesn't "give" her a story or something ppl will remember her... even "the legs" are gone.