Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol Judges Panel Finalized (Report)

JB172

Looks as if AI has finally decided on who the the judges are going to be, seeing that they are the four names who have been out there the past few weeks, this is likely who it is going to be.

American Idol Judges Panel Finalized (Report) | American Idol | mjsbigblog

Deadline is reporting that “Fox appears to have settled on a quartet of judges for the upcoming 12th season of American Idol
Joining confirmed new judge Mariah Carey will be Nicki Minaj, KeithUrban and Enrique Iglesias who just wrapped his tour with departing Idol judge JenniferLopez. Information on their salaries is conflicting, but Carey’s is believed to be in the $15-$17 million dollars, Minaj’s and Iglesias’ in the $10-$12 million range, while Urban is rumored to be earning about $3-$5 million.
According to the report, it’s unclear what Randy Jackson’s role on the show will be.
That figure for Enrique is higher than what EW reported yesterday. I’m not sure he’s worth it. If these figures are true, Keith Urban turns into the low budget option. Not sure why Idol would low ball the country guy. Remember–rumors said Brad Paisley turned the job down because he wanted more money.

thunder92

^if that is true (who its gonna be) I dont think the salary would be that low for Keith Urban lol. I mean thats pretty low.

And if it is true, he should have turned it down haha

pklongbeach

If Nicki was not there, it would be at least passable.
With her there, this looks like a complete mess.
Not just because of her, but because with her these judges have nothing in common with each other what so ever.
I guess I mean to say, they are not relatable at all.
Least of which Keith, who will just get eatten up by the craziness that is about to insue.

gaycarebear

If Nicki was not there, it would be at least passable.
With her there, this looks like a complete mess.
Not just because of her, but because with her these judges have nothing in common with each other what so ever.
I guess I mean to say, they are not relatable at all.
Least of which Keith, who will just get eatten up by the craziness that is about to insue.

I think Keith can handle them, imo.

Plus, the judges don't need to have anything in common. I like the wide range of perspectives.

pklongbeach

I think Keith can handle them, imo.

Plus, the judges don't need to have anything in common. I like the wide range of perspectives.
I think in the live shows, that will be ture. And it may play ok gaining that wide range of persepctive. But I guess I am picturing the audition rounds when they are all locked together for 10 hours a day for weeks on end.
But I hope you're right about Keith. He has concoured alot in life to be where he is. And he has a lot to offer.
I just think the two women are going to be such a huge presense, that they will be hard to work next to.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
If those numbers are correct, I say good for Brad at not letting them lowball him on salary. Keith should have done the same thing.

sam_vzla

I can understand Carey's salary because of her history in music industry and Nicki is the hot thing right now, but Enrique Iglesias 10-12 million? That is a joke. Maybe Keith is just doing it for the fun and the experience.

epicamends

Keith deserves WAY more than that. I can't believe his salary is that much lower than everyone else. And he'll probably be the best one.

Audra

Keith deserves WAY more than that. I can't believe his salary is that much lower than everyone else. And he'll probably be the best one.

He definitely deserves so much more! I mean 3 to 5 million??? that's it?? unless he didn't really care for big money

bigbluegrl23

considering the audience of American Idol, in the long run, Keith's career is probably gonna be way more impacted in a positive way.
Becca

AdamJ

The salary caps are something else. Keith is worth way more than that but maybe he is not going to tour for awhile and this is just a fill in for the season of Idol. They were talking about changing judges every year. I think Keith will be fine but I think the 2 divas may be a show themselves. LOL

_luvqry

I think it is good for Keith as he will get more exposure but IMHO he deserves to be paid at least more than Enrique Iglesias and Nicky Minaj. Thank God the contestants will have someone as Keith to judge them.
This panel seems a little messy for me but somehow it might be interesting to see Mariah and Nicky. I loved the 90's Mariah but the b*tch Mariah might give us some epic moments.

supercarriefan

I just want the final announcement from Fox to confirm the panel. I've had enough of the rumors and speculation lol.
I really hope the speculation is correct about Keith. I think he will make a great judge, plus he is an Idol fan.
Mariah will be fine, as will Enrique.
It's Nicki I'm worried about. MJs posted a few comments from Nicki today where she said that if she were to judge a show like Idol she would love everyone, even the crazy contestants. Oh dear. The last thing Idol needs is another judge who is going to sit there and heap praise on everybody regardless of what they do.

JB172

He definitely deserves so much more! I mean 3 to 5 million??? that's it?? unless he didn't really care for big money

I don't think that he cares about the money, hell he is still going to get 3 to 5 million dollars to go do the show while working on his next album, not a bad gig IMO.

Mirasa45A

I can understand Carey's salary because of her history in music industry and Nicki is the hot thing right now, but Enrique Iglesias 10-12 million? That is a joke. Maybe Keith is just doing it for the fun and the experience.

I think so too.

Don't you think Enrique Iglesias is more well known than Keith Urban in many different countries?

hjj

Keith may be known a lot as Nicole's husband but it won't be too long that he will have them wrapped around his finger. It is probably in the long run profitable to appear there as a judge. His marketability will probably skyrocket, he will probably perform there once this yr which is pretty great when you have a new album coming out this next yr.