Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol Tweet Hints of a Carrie Appearance on Idol This year!

oldyfan

That would be amazing. I really hope Carrie holds out to the finale and performs the duet with Brad there! :)

I don't really want her to be on there right now with all the comparisons to Lauren. I want Carrie to be at the finale where she will have a chance to really shine.

Comparisons to Lauren? T, that is just "out there." Lauren is still just a young girl, with alot of talent...but an appearance by Ms. Carrie would show the difference between contestant and professional. Not one (including Pia) is on the same level with her. If you notice each year someone who has talent gets a comparison to Ms. Carrie because she is the bar that they all want to reach.

gran29

How about Carrie and Heart performing at the Rock and Roll show then with Brad at the finale? That would be awesome. Did they say who the guest is next week?

JB172

teesharky

Wow the Heart duet would be pretty fantastic. I loved when Carrie did the duet with them a few years ago.

teesharky

Comparisons to Lauren? T, that is just "out there." Lauren is still just a young girl, with alot of talent...but an appearance by Ms. Carrie would show the difference between contestant and professional. Not one (including Pia) is on the same level with her. If you notice each year someone who has talent gets a comparison to Ms. Carrie because she is the bar that they all want to reach.

Agree. I am not the one making the comparisons though. It is everywhere. Everytime there is a blonde female country singer on Idol, she gets compared to Carrie. lol

bigbluegrl23

i wouldnt completely ignore the heart rumor. they were on ellen the other day doing one of their songs, i assumed that they had a greatest hit record out maybe. so its possible them and carrie could perform on idol to promote that since their song really caused carrie to explode.
becca T

JB172

Carrie will be on AI at some point this year, if it isn't during one of the regular results shows then she will be on the finale.

She is on every year and this year will not be any different.

AIgrl06

'Remind Me' with Brad at the finale sounds ideal.

That's what I was thinking. And it would be perfect.

That would be amazing. I really hope Carrie holds out to the finale and performs the duet with Brad there! :)

I don't really want her to be on there right now with all the comparisons to Lauren. I want Carrie to be at the finale where she will have a chance to really shine.

But nobody compares Carrie unfavorably to Lauren, so I think it would be just fine.

The thing is though, Carrie has nothing to perform next week. She already did Undo It on idol last year, and she has no single on the radio right now...so I prefer that she wait till the finale when she can debut the duet with Brad.

THAT would be hot.

They probably meant that Carrie might appear next week to promote Soul Surfer, but may not actually be performing. You know how sometimes they have stars in the audience and give them a minute to plug their movie. I could see Carrie doing that.

oldyfan

Agree. I am not the one making the comparisons though. It is everywhere. Everytime there is a blonde female country singer on Idol, she gets compared to Carrie. lol

That's true, which is why I always love when she appears. Her vocals remind everyone why she is so successful, and why the bar for contestants is so high. BTW I too would love another duet with Heart.

JB172

I think that by the time she does Ellen and Leno that Carrie will be anxious to get back home to her "kids" since it doesn't seem like she trusts their "Dad" to take care of them the right way. ;);)

oldyfan

i wouldnt completely ignore the heart rumor. they were on ellen the other day doing one of their songs, i assumed that they had a greatest hit record out maybe. so its possible them and carrie could perform on idol to promote that since their song really caused carrie to explode.
becca T

Heart has a new album out called "Red Velvet Car." The first single they released was "Hey You," completely different from their usual. The rest of the CD is completely recognizable Heart.

teesharky

I don't think they are having country music theme week this year, are they? I thought they were doing away with theme weeks- but then they went and had Elton John week. lol So who knows.

EDIT: I went searching on wikipedia's American Idol page but couldn't find the Heart performance mention.

Does anyone have a link?

Last edited:

carriefan13

I am excited to see Carrie at all! I need my Carrie fix, and hopefully now that they're both in Nashville, Mike can go and watch her perform (if there's no game), he went to the finale last season!

rosie08

I really believe she will be on AI but I think it will be a theme week and she will sing with all idols just like on jordin sparks season.

Carrieflattsfan

I really believe she will be on AI but I think it will be a theme week and she will sing with all idols just like on jordin sparks season.

That would be cool. I really enjoyed both the finale shows when Carrie performed with previous Idol contestants.

Maybe they'll do something extra-special this year celebrating ten years. I hope so!