Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any word on anything from Carrie on DVD?

UndoIt

I find it kinda odd that with all her incredible videos and her "Uber" successful "Play On" tour that she hasnt released anything on DVD.:confused: Anybody heard of anything in the pipeline? Heres to hoping! :)

dncjsg

Why wouldn't there be? I will sure they will sell and earn big bucks esp for those countries/state that she din tour ... How difficult isit to make a Play On Tour DVD considering a successful tour..
The production team recorded the tour footage but why cant they just add it up and produce a DVD? Seriously, Carrie deserve to be more recognise...
In my country SWSRN is so overrated, ads to win her dvd concert tour is on news now.. esp with the quiet year in Carrie world this year...i m sure suffering from some imbalance..
Having great and powerful vocals doesn't win her awards anymore... its just kinda sickening seeing carrie get snub for her talent and her hardwork... and of cuz her label is not even supportive of her for 2010 & 2011..
Anyway.. WHY wouldn't there be Play ON DVD? someone please enlighten me....

hjj

Carrie had said they did film the Play on tour but there was no plans in releasing as a DVD.

12russ79

Well let's just hope that Carrie doesn't say that a DVD is coming out SOON.......LOL
No let me be serious for a second and say that all there waiting for is the development of new 5th Dimension Blu-ray time warp technology that when the viewer turns on the TV their instantly transported to the venue the Blu ray was filmed at..... I'm thinking this could happen SOON .... LMFAO

Last edited:

Butterfly13

I don't know why she won't. I'm dying for a live DVD or a live CD/DVD would be even better. It would sell well so I don't see why they won't release one.

supercarriefan

I'm so glad we are analyzing this whole DVD thing for the billionth time :rolleyes: lol.
Carrie did tell us the PO tour was filmed, but perhaps she wasn't happy with something about it. We know Carrie is a perfectionist in her career, and she wouldn't want us to have something that wasn't just right.
I hope when we get a live DVD, we get a packaged deal with a live CD. That would be the best way to do it, IMO. We could have the CD to listen to at any time, and also have a DVD to watch! The best of both formats!

As for the poster that said Carrie needs to be more recognized...um...are you serious lol? Carrie is one of the biggest names in country music. She even gets to co-host the biggest award show in country music lol. She is not some unrecognizable, second-rate celebrity lol. I swear some people around here still think Carrie is some new artist with an unstable career lol...She's not :). She's very recognizable, and in a great place with her career.

dncjsg

Maybe she should do a Exclusive DVD tour from Some Hearts - Carnival Ride - Play On - (?Album 4? ) .. like a 4 DVD set before she decided to make babies with Mike :p
Cause by then.. i believe she will have even quieter years like this year when she is newly wed and she wanna be a good wife.. By then she would wanna be a good mother..

Carrie Country

Carrie had said they did film the Play on tour but there was no plans in releasing as a DVD.

That's really weird that they filmed the Play On tour but won't release it to DVD.......question is why did they film it the......usually if an artists does that a DVD is in the works......Something doesn't sound quite right about the no Carrie live DVD thing.....what's the deal......I mean the fans want it.......and we are the most dedicated loyal fanbase EVER you'd think they would deliver......with us this DVD would sell like CRAZY!!!!.......who's eve behind this is passing up on a major money maker for sure.......I don't know if it's Sony pulling their usual record company politics......but it's a HUGE!!! mistake......maybe if our sweet Carrie was on another label they would make this happen......who knows!!!!

Carrieflattsfan

I'm sure Carrie will do a DVD eventually; she probably just felt this wasn't the right time to do it. The PO tour was deserving of a DVD because of the visual element, more so than the CR tour was, in my opinion. Carrie has already grown so much, but she has only headlined two solo tours; the 2012 tour should be even better. I only want a DVD when Carrie is ready to give us one, and I have a feeling the best is yet to come.

Personally, I like having to wait for certain things (Christmas album, tour DVD), because it gives us some things to look forward to in the future. Carrie has already done so much, we need some surprises. Her label could've released a ton of projects when she was at the peak of her popularity, but I like that she chose to hold off on some projects for a little bit. I want Carrie to release a DVD when she's ready; I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait. :)

As for the filming of the PO tour, I think Carrie had mentioned somewhere she intended to keep the footage for herself for "review" purposes just so she could evaluate the show every night, but don't quote me on that.

kiwigirl

Hey Guys
I posted a question on her message board about this very thing and got a reply
Not sure what the rules are here as I know I can't post her blogs on here etc, all I will say is that she never say's never but outlook on dvd not so good for the near future.
My ID there is babyjayne and it's under the Ask Carrie a Question section if you want to read her reply : )

carebearcarrie

^ ill have to go check that out.. I wonder why though. Maybe she wants a concert experience to be special as a one time thing...