Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Apr 3] 46th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards (Official Event Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

opry051008

Start Time of the Red Carpet: 7:00 pm ET on GAC

Start Time of the Awards Show: 8:00 pm ET on the CBS

Hollywood is turning out in full force for the 46th Academy of Country Music Awards on Sunday, April 3rd. Academy Award®- winning actress Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson are scheduled to present together. Also joining the party is actress Annasophia Robb, surfer Bethany Hamilton and country stars Julianne Hough and Chris Young. They join previously announced presenters, Nancy O'Dell and Ryan Seacrest.

In addition, Alabama, Dierks Bentley, Ronnie Dunn, Sara Evans, Martina McBride, Reba, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood and Zac Brown Band with James Taylor and Entertainer of the Year nominees Jason Aldean, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban have been announced as performers.

Nominees for the TOP FEMALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR :

• Miranda Lambert

• Reba McEntire

• Taylor Swift

• Carrie Underwood

• Lee Ann Womack

ACM Awards Show Coverage : On GAC : Great American Country
http://www.acmcountry.com/awards/news.php

abbeyjones18

Yay! :) I know and understand why many Carrie fans are not watching, but, for me, I kind of have to watch, lol. I really like to watch the award shows (started when Kelly Clarkson won her 2 Grammys, and has since continued with Carrie :)), and if I skipped or didn't watch, I knew that I would be upset by missing out on my favorite artists (Carrie, Brad, Keith, Reba, Darius, etc.). I still think that Carrie has a chance to win Female Vocalist, and even though I would be a little disappointed if she loses, she's already won it 3 times, and I have a great feeling that she will win more in the future. Same thing with the Entertainer of the Year "situation" (lol). The reason that I'm still not upset as some is because she's won this award 2 times before, and to be honest, I think that she will win it again in the future (no matter if it's fan-voted or industry-voted :)). I'll post my predictions soon (I want to update them...made them a while ago, and I want to take another look before I post them again), and I hope it will be a good show! :)

Jade_kt

Won't need this thread since I'm not watching except to comment on Carrie's performance when I see it on youtube or to comment on Carrie's dress on the red/orange carpet. I'll be in the Girl's Night Out thread though :)

Claire2004

I guess I am going to be one of the very few watching when Carrie wins FV on Sunday night.

I would love to watch, but I'm on another continent lol. I hope you're right about Carrie's FV win, definitely praying for that :).

JB172

Here are my picks for Sunday. (EOTY and New Artist are not on there because I have always thought from the first year both became fan voted was a very bad idea.)

Male Vocalist - Will - Paisley
Should - Aldean

Female Vocalist - Will/Should - Carrie

Duo - Will/Should - Sugarland

Group - Will/Should - Lady A

Album - Will/Should - Need You Now

Single - Will - THTBM
Should - If I Die Young

Song - Will/Should - THTBM

Video - Will - THTBM
Should - Stuck Like Glue

Vocal Event - Will - Cole Miner's Daughter
Should - As She's Walking Away

Here are my picks for Sunday. (EOTY and New Artist are not on there because I have always thought from the first year both became fan voted was a very bad idea.)

Male Vocalist - Will - Paisley
Should - Aldean

Female Vocalist - Will/Should - Carrie

Duo - Will/Should - Sugarland

Group - Will/Should - Lady A

Album - Will/Should - Need You Now

Single - Will - THTBM
Should - If I Die Young

Song - Will/Should - THTBM

Video - Will - THTBM
Should - Stuck Like Glue

Vocal Event - Will - Cole Miner's Daughter
Should - As She's Walking Away

Same thoughts as mine.

teesharky

Won't need this thread since I'm not watching except to comment on Carrie's performance when I see it on youtube or to comment on Carrie's dress on the red/orange carpet. I'll be in the Girl's Night Out thread though :)

We still need this thread to vent when Carrie's award comes up, and when EOTY comes up. lol

While I am not watching, I am going to follow on twitter and here. lol We will know everything that goes on even if we don't watch.

I may peak from time to time, but I am definitely not watching the whole show. I am still upset about how Carrie is being treated.

teesharky

Excited/annoyed with the ACMs, but I think I'll enjoy being at the event. More Carrie live! :D

Very cool that you are going no matter what happens! Please tell us if you hear anyone yell out Carrie's name for EOTY! lol

I love to hear behind the scene stuff too, so please watch out for who Carrie is chatting with between commercials, etc. lol

thanx!

utlovescarrie

Won't be watching but will be here creeping behind the keyboard.:p

When are they going to start rehearsals? COME ON ALREADY!!!!

opry051008

Yay! :) I know and understand why many Carrie fans are not watching, but, for me, I kind of have to watch, lol. I really like to watch the award shows (started when Kelly Clarkson won her 2 Grammys, and has since continued with Carrie :)), and if I skipped or didn't watch, I knew that I would be upset by missing out on my favorite artists (Carrie, Brad, Keith, Reba, Darius, etc.). I still think that Carrie has a chance to win Female Vocalist, and even though I would be a little disappointed if she loses, she's already won it 3 times, and I have a great feeling that she will win more in the future. Same thing with the Entertainer of the Year "situation" (lol). The reason that I'm still not upset as some is because she's won this award 2 times before, and to be honest, I think that she will win it again in the future (no matter if it's fan-voted or industry-voted :))

I admire and applaud your positive attitude. :)

If I was a country music fan I would probably watch too. I only watch these award shows for Carrie but since we are lucky enough to have Richard here at CF, I don't actually have to watch the whole show this year. lol!

I'm still holding a hope that she could win the FVOTY and I'll definitely check this board when it gets time for her award. :)

robinannhunt

I admire and applaud your positive attitude. :)

If I was a country music fan I would probably watch too. I only watch these award shows for Carrie but since we are lucky enough to have Richard here at CF, I don't actually have to watch the whole show this year. lol!

I'm still holding a hope that she could win the FVOTY and I'll definitely check this board when it gets time for her award. :)

Totally with you on this.

JB172

I agree 100% with this one. Stuck Like Glue is one the best videos I have ever seen, it's so funny and colorful, I think the idea was great.

The Stuck Like Glue video is great and is one of the few videos that I will watch everytime it comes on.

Carrieflattsfan

I really, really hope Lady A doesn't win for album. NYN & "Love This Pain" are great, but everything else is so bland.
But they probably will, considering the role they've been on with awards shows. Frankly, I cannot believe NYN actually won the Grammy for country album. :confused::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.