Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Avicii (Tim Bergling) RIP

Farawayhills

Such a shame that this tragic early death has unwittingly been followed by controversy in another thread. Thanks to the moderators for resolving that, and to Simonplay for posting a timely tribute there.

I believe that no cause of death has yet been announced, but he had reportedly been ill, with alcohol issues and a damaged pancreas. He was a very talented musician, and a leading figure in the Swedish avant garde Pop scene, with a considerable international following.

He was best known for his work on the Dance Music scene, but he did work with a wide range of artists, across the genres - and I'd like to post a couple from the Roots scene, that came to my notice, by way of tribute

This was a collaboration with Dan Tyminski, who often shares lead vocals with Alison Krauss in the band Union Station, and is also a solo artist

Farawayhills

And this is one of a group of tracks recorded with Audra Mae, the Oklahoma artist, whom Miranda said she "stalked" a few years ago, and recorded a cover of her song, "Little Red Wagon", enabling it to make the unlikely transition from Gay club anthem to Mainstream Country radio!
In this Avicii song, Audra shows to perfection her under-rated but notably haunting Blues-influenced voice

Avicii was a man of many gifts. RIP

Kizmet311

Thanks for sharing Faraway. I can't say that I myself was a particular fan of Avicii as dance music isn't my thing, but I am familiar with a few of his mainstream radio hits. I had no idea he had also worked with roots artists. I did see that Zac Brown Band tweeted their sadness at his death.

simonplay

I have been listening to his music a lot lately, he was a genius!! The beats were amazing and his lyrics are so inspirational!

I read he finished his album before die, I hope her label and family release it at some point.

simonplay

^ poor guy , who knows what he was going through... not sure how bad was his illness but maybe he didn't want to live like that. He is in peace now.

clh_hilary

^ poor guy , who knows what he was going through... not sure how bad was his illness but maybe he didn't want to live like that. He is in peace now.

I have to assume it's the illness. If it was just because of the stress from the industry, he could have just quit music...