Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2015

sur_crazy4carrie

I didn't go back to Bloodlines after 3 or 4 episodes. It wasn't moving fast enough. I should give it another shot.
The dark sheep brother is played by Ben Mendelsohn. He's pretty great. Both he and Chandler are really good on the show. Speaking of, I'm suprised Sissy Spacek didn't make it.

Remember there was an article posted here about changes in emmy voting? About how it's not just a few people voting on behalf of the entire TV academy? Here's an interesting follow-up to that.
http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/06/modern-family-reign-of-terror/
The average age of the voting pool has shifted towards the younger side and might have directly resulted in some of the more unconventional nominations (and omissions) we have this year. I was wondering why the nominations were better than most years. But it's still not that much better.

Didn't they used to do the emmy roundtables before the nominations were announced? Anyway, we should be getting them soon enough. Those are some of my favorite parts of all of this non-sense.

Grace_Of_God

^ Yeah I saw Sissy on a couple of "snub" lists. Honestly I think that ensemble is really strong so I'm happy its getting any recognition.

yeah they released a clip from an emmy round table I believe a couple months ago and it said "full video coming later this year" or something. With how different the noms are then expected I wonder who will be in them....edit... here it is...awkward only two out of the 6 people at the round table actually got nominated and thats out of the 14 woman that were nominated between lead and supporting actress in the comedy section. That says a lot about the changing of the voter age i think.

Lena Dunham, Amy Schumer and Comedy Actress A-List in Raunchy, R-Rated Roundtable - Hollywood Reporter - The Hollywood Reporter

teesharky

^ good point guys. Sissy Spacek should definitely have gotten a nom for Blood Lines. She was pretty great in her role.

I just saw that Carrie's ex boyfriend-- Chase Crawford-- is starring in a new Fall ABC drama about the oil industry. Sort of like Dallas 2.0. I may check it out. He hasn't done much since Gossip Girl has he?

teesharky

^ ew something about amy Shumer and Lena Dunham together at a round table makes me want to go sanitize my hands. lol Sorry. I just don't really like either of them. I tried to watch Girls but it was not funny or remotely like Sex in the City-- as it was billed to be like. It just struck me as raunchy and strange.

I never heard of Amy Schumer in my life until recently, as she is on every talk show, in every magazine, etc. I don't get it. She seems to have come out of nowhere. From what I have seen, she is also raunchy and not all that funny.

Grace_Of_God

^ LOL i feel like if i bash Amy and Lena anymore ill feel the need to apologize because i do it so often. but yes, i dislike both of them.

I feel like Chases' new show will be very soap opera ish. I can only handle so much of those LOL so i probably will pass. i think there may be someone in there that i remembered wanting to see in it so ill have to re look

sur_crazy4carrie

Did any of you guys stick it out with Gossip Girl? I read the ending was that gossip girl was the nerdy guy all along. I mean, seriously?

I got around to watching Silicon Valley finally. Loved it. It's really exciting. Can't help but feel like programmers are my people even though I passed on 3 programming jobs.
I'm honestly really happy about most nominees in the comedy field.

Grace_Of_God

^ I've never seen an episode of gossip girl. I have a couple friends who worked on most of th seasons tho. And via those stories my respect for Blake lively is non existent

And really?!! I watched the first episode of SV and just couldn't get into it. I'm not sure why

Grace_Of_God

Game of Thrones has tentatively set its end date. Season 8.

Also- http://comicbook.com/2015/07/30/star-wars-live-action-tv-shows-rumored-for-netflix/

stuffy

I've been watching The Astronauts Wives Club this summer. I know it's never getting nominated for anything, but I have really like it. I love that it's from the women's side of everything. I know all the astronauts side of the story but nothing about their families.

Anyway, tonight's episode got to me even though I knew it was coming. I just didn't know it was coming this episode.

abbeyjones18

I've been watching The Astronauts Wives Club this summer. I know it's never getting nominated for anything, but I have really like it. I love that it's from the women's side of everything. I know all the astronauts side of the story but nothing about their families.

Anyway, tonight's episode got to me even though I knew it was coming. I just didn't know it was coming this episode.

I've been watching The Astronauts Wives Club, too! So interesting...and I love period shows!!! I makes me miss American Dreams! I will never forgive NBC for canceling it!

Grace_Of_God

You'll have to throw me into the mix for someone who's also watching astronaut wives. New episode starts in here 15 minutes. Thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to cook dinner first so I won't be upset while making dinner haha I did wonder why they were going through story lines so fast but then I realized its a mini series. And I really really like the original group of wives, actresses and characters

It reminds me of the show they did called PanAm that got cancelled a few years ago after one season. I loved that show too

Grace_Of_God

Oh no. I thought they were just tackling the Gemini training death in this episode. I didnt realize its the Apollo 1 as well... *sad face*

stuffy

Oh no. I thought they were just tackling the Gemini training death in this episode. I didnt realize its the Apollo 1 as well... *sad face*
Yeah that was the part I was talking about. Plus Betty being the one to first experience the new widow protocols after she's the one who fought for them.

It was a nice touch that Jo still had the silverware in her hand when she went to tell Betty. It makes me wonder if it was an acting/directing choice or if it is in the book like that.

Last edited:

sur_crazy4carrie

Okay guys, I'm resurrecting this thread for a week. Once the Emmys are over, we'll be done with the 2015 season for good. This thread was the most awesome award season thread we've ever had and I feel like it needs a proper goodbye.

So here we go.... The Winner list for the 2015 Creative arts Emmy Awards.
2015 Creative Arts Emmys winners ? Full list of award winners | EW.com

Happy about Veep winning best casting. It has hands down the greatest cast in TV. Also happy about John Oliver and Silicon Valley. I thought Jon Hamm would win for Kimmy Schmidt. He better win the drama actor Emmy next week.

sur_crazy4carrie

^I was just thinking about that the other day. If I didn't know better I would say that the earth has started spinning 10x faster.
It feels like yesterday we were talking about movies from even 2013.

sur_crazy4carrie

Retta looks really good. Is the whole Parks gang there?

Is anyone planning to watch the new show 'Quantico'? Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra is the lead but Homeland meets Grey's Anatomy isn't a pitch I'm very excited about.