Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDS Certified Spin Awards - May 2011

undrwood9098

From the July 9th issue of Billboard.

800,000 spins
Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
Kings of Leon - Use Somebody
Lady Antebellum - Need You Now

700,000 spins
Train - Hey, Soul Sister
Sara Bareilles - Love Song

600,000 spins
Lady GaGa - Bad Romance
Alicia Keys - Fallin'
Shinedown - Second Chance

500,000 spins
Taio Cruz ft. Ludacris - Break Your Heart
Katy Perry - Firework
Gavin DeGraw - I Don't Want To Be
OutKast - The Way You Move
Jason Derulo - Whatcha Say

400,000 spins
Neon Trees - Animal
Daughtry - No Surprise

300,000 spins
Cee Lo Green - Fück You
P!nk - Fückin' Perfect

200,000 spins
Blake Shelton - All About Tonight
Wiz Khalifa - Black and Yellow
Katie Perry ft. Kanye West - E.T.
Adele - Rolling In The Deep
Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina - Stereo Love
Jason Aldean - The Truth

100,000 spins
Kanye West - All Of The Lights
Miranda Lambert - Heart Like Mine
Rascal Flatts - I Won't Let Go
Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song

50,000 spins
Marsha Ambrosius - Far Away
Martin Solveig & Dragonette - Hello
Rise Against - Help Is On The Way
Black Keys - Howlin' For You
Kirk Franklin - I Smile
Justin Moore - If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away
Three Days Grace - Lost In You
Maroon 5 - Never Gonna Leave This Bed
LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock - Party Rock Anthem
YC ft. Future - Racks
Toby Keith - Somewhere Else
Miguel - Sure Thing
Chris Young - Tomorrow
Avenged Sevenfold - Welcome To The Family

CARRIE'S #1! :D :D :D

A 5-year old single got the most certified spins out of any of these other songs; some of which that have been out for only 2-3 years and have been far more relevant than BHC. THIS SONG IS MONSTROUS. These are the spin counts since its release.

Last edited:

AdamJ

WOW--that is awesome. BHC is at the top of my list of Carrie's songs. I have played the heck out of that song---and still do.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
The month of May 2011. :)

No, it is not. This is the total spins for life of the song. These "awards" are given out when a song passes a milestone like 800K spins. Think about it. The USA Today Idol airplay chart gives BHC a little over 2K spins a week. That is less than 10K spins per month.

undrwood9098

No, it is not. This is the total spins for life of the song. These "awards" are given out when a song passes a milestone like 800K spins. Think about it. The USA Today Idol airplay chart gives BHC a little over 2K spins a week. That is less than 10K spins per month.

Ohhhhhhh. My bad. :p Misunderstood.

Sorry about that, everyone! Still a good milestone to keep in a thread, though. :)

I was gonna say 800,000 spins a month is a little insane. But thats great! Its up there with I Gotta Feeling and Need You Now and such huge songs and its even ahead of Bad Romance ,BHC is a monster!

The Nanook

Is there a complete chart? Is 800k spins the highest for any song or just for this round of certifications? I would like to know where songs like Tim's "Like Like You Were Dying," Mariah's "We Belong Together," Beyonce's "Irreplaceable," etc. are since they were all huge during their peaks and still get a respectable amount of recurrent airplay.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Is there a complete chart? Is 800k spins the highest for any song or just for this round of certifications? I would like to know where songs like Tim's "Like Like You Were Dying," Mariah's "We Belong Together," Beyonce's "Irreplaceable," etc. are since they were all huge during their peaks and still get a respectable amount of recurrent airplay.

Just the highest for the songs that passed one of the milestones in May. There are songs that are higher. I don't know what the highest number is.

undrwood9098

Nooooo. Certainly not. Carrie's was just the highest certified song from this month's list. There are tons of songs that are much higher in spin counts, and all the ones you mentioned (I'm sure) are on a much higher scale.

clh_hilary

I was gonna say 800,000 spins a month is a little insane. But thats great! Its up there with I Gotta Feeling and Need You Now and such huge songs and its even ahead of Bad Romance ,BHC is a monster!

All the songs you've mentioned are newer than "Before He Cheats". If anything, it makes both "I Gotta Feeling" and "Need You Now" more impression to have archived a similar amount of spins, and will definitely surpass it in the near future.

While Tim McGraw's should be an overwhelming number of spins, I don't think Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" or Beyonce's "Irrepleaceable" would place too high, I think WBT doesn't have too much longevity compared to all other 'classics', while Beyonce has too many 'anthems', with the most recent big one being "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)" (although I think this one doesn't have too much recurrent airplay?), which is after I. I think songs like Alicia Keys' "No One" might have really good amount of spins!