Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BHC on The Voice!

teesharky

I enjoyed her swagger. :) Of course Carrie's is better, but that was good. Honestly.

I am psyched that Shakira picked a Carrie song! That is huge for Carrie!

Carrieroxmysox2011

How come everytime someone covers a Carrie song people always have to point out that Carrie's version is better? Lol Carrie is a seasoned professional, and it's her song so of course she's gonna be better.

oldyfan

I enjoyed her swagger. :) Of course Carrie's is better, but that was good. Honestly.

I am psyched that Shakira picked a Carrie song! That is huge for Carrie!

You're right NO ONE can sing that song like Carrie, but she did a fine cover.

wonton

From the little I heard of the studio version, I think that it sounded much better recorded. I like the idea of flipping the song to be urban driven with the horns. It really does make it much different than Carrie's version. I did think that she didn't annunciate very well during her live performance though...

pklongbeach

I like her voice alot. And she certainly is a performer isn't she.

I think it was smart to change up the arrangement, cause she was not going to sound right trying to sing a country version.

So it was smart of them. I am not absolutely sure it worked well, but it was smart of them to do. and it appears the audience loved it.

More great news for BHC!!

JB172

Personally I thought it was horrible, Sasha was GREAT on her first song but I thought that BHC was just horrid.

mariquita

I like her voice alot. And she certainly is a performer isn't she.

I think it was smart to change up the arrangement, cause she was not going to sound right trying to sing a country version.

So it was smart of them. I am not absolutely sure it worked well, but it was smart of them to do. and it appears the audience loved it.

More great news for BHC!!

I love Sasha! And it was GENIUS to change up the arrangement like this! I always get so thrilled when another artist covers one of Carrie's songs! Especially thrilled that Shakira chose it!

pklongbeach

I love Sasha! And it was GENIUS to change up the arrangement like this! I always get so thrilled when another artist covers one of Carrie's songs! Especially thrilled that Shakira chose it!

YEah, I agree. It certainly showed her singing ability. She sang it effortlessly.
And had she sung it country style it would have sounded very strange.
So if you are going to do "Carrie' you should probably plan to switch it up a bit, cause comparisons are not usually good. And I think she did that here.

(not all of it worked perfectly, I just think it was really smart of her to do it a different way, and her commitment to it was amazing!!)

DIVA!

It is not just Sasha of Team Shakira cover Carrie song. Amber, who never heard the song “I Remember you” that judge Adam picks for her, must have google youtube & found Carrie countrified version of IRY which was highly praised by Sebastian Bach himself.

With Carrie connection to Voice this year, it will be a big coup if NBC or Blake can persuade Carrie to perform or be a mentor.