Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billboard Music Awards 2011: Discussion Thread

Carrieflattsfan

Isn't it ironic that so many new posters show up just to defend Taylor?? It won't change anything, and you're never going to change Tee's mind. :p

judes

It makes no difference really - Taylor is in the business to sell cds, they manufactured her in the studio to do just that- I don't believe any of her hype , like the million cd debut, all planned for hype - have a deal to sell her debut for >99 cents and it's easy to buy alot not to mention a few deals where her CD's sold for $5 -she rereleases her albums so the same fans have to buy the CD again but makes her CD numbers look great - that's why she sells so many CD's not because she's an honest and great artist - she's a pretty girl with mediocre talent and a label that loves the chance to hype her to make money as much as she loves to hype herself. So great she wins the awards because she sells alot - if that's what makes her and her fans happy , that's great.

carriecountrystar

interestingthread, no one has said that she didn't deserve those billboard awards as she's clearly been selling. if you've even read anything-what others said was that they didn't see her eligible as a COUNTRY act when all she does is sell out to pop.
oh yeah and just a big FYI-tee wouldn't think she deserves it even if she were to sell 4 billion. LOL. :p
btw, have you seen the shark in your roof when all your arguments got refuted the last joke post you made? :rolleyes:

AdamJ

YESSS! Rihanna beat Taylor for Female Artist thank God. So happy for RiRi.

So freakin' sick of Taylor. Why did she get to present too? Ugh. Very appropriate for her to announce Nikki Minaj though instead of a country act. lol

Tee---all you need to be a singer is a song with a beat, autotune and good PR---plus it helps if you pretend to be 13 to 16 years old and write silly, school girl songs. T he tween and teens keep her relative. The college age kids we talk with are through with her--(especially here on this huge campus)------it is the same old--same old.

Carrieflattsfan

Tee---all you need to be a singer is a song with a beat, autotune and good PR---plus it helps if you pretend to be 13 to 16 years old and write silly, school girl songs. T he tween and teens keep her relative. The college age kids we talk with are through with her--(especially here on this huge campus)------it is the same old--same old.

Or there were people in her target audience that were never into her in the first place, myself included.
It's annoying that everyone assumes just because I love country music and am female I must love Taylor. :rolleyes:
Not every girl's life revolves around 10-minute relationships.

teesharky

agree. It is all the same songs....the same topics. The new album lacks catchy hooks, which she could at least boast of on You Belong and Love Story.

Zman312

There is too much misinformation in here and others are just joining only to add more misinformation on top of the already abundance of misinformation. Perhaps that's why some of you hate Taylor so much, you are believing all the misinformation posted here daily without checking for yourselves. LOL, now you're saying Taylor's team manipulated the system so eminem is mad at them......so mad that he didn't show up? (even after winning an evening high 6 awards, he wanted more?....greedy much Em?) LOL some of the stuff posted here is priceless. Well if Taylor's team manipulated to win 3 then they all did the same as the winners were pretty much evenly spread out. Six people including Taylor won 3 awards so no one needs to be mad, especially Eminem who won a evening high six awards (with Biber).

Another thing, it was said that Taylor has never won an award for song. That isn't true either, In 2010 she won a Grammy for best country SONG for "white horse". How could we forget?

No manipulation was involved here, Taylor Swift was the top selling album artist of 2010, so her award was not undeserved or "lucky" in any way. Eminem did sell more copies of recovery and that's why he won top ARTIST. But Taylor outsold both eminem and lady for all of 2010 combined in albums on the billboard 200 which is why Taylor won BB 2010 album artist.

Numbers below are factual numbers and the units represent millions sold. Taylor Swift sold a total of 4.5 million albums during 2010 comfortably ahead of Eminem and Lady Antebellum, this list was released first week of 2011 and Taylor had sold 2.96 million copies of "speak now' at that time.

Taylor Swift 4.5
Eminem, 4.3
Lady Antebellum, 3.8
Justin Bieber, 3.7
Glee cast, 3.6
Susan Boyle, 2.7
Lady Gaga, 2.6
Michael Jackson, 2.1
Zac Brown Band, 1.8
The Beatles, 1.7

here is the album list of which lady antebellum and eminem are head which is why Eminem won top artist and Taylor won billboard 200 ALBUM artist so everything is very fair and everybody got what they were supposed to get. So taylor didn't get lucky (well I guess she is lucky that her fans purchase albums) Eminem still won artist but he wasn't the top selling ALBUM artist of 2010, he had the top selling ALBUM of 2010. Those are two different things. Here are the totals for the top selling albums of 2010.

Recovery, Eminem, 3.4
Need You Now, Lady Antebellum, 3.1
Speak Now, Taylor Swift, 3
My World, Justin Bieber, 2.3
The Gift, Susan Boyle, 1.8
Fame, Lady Gaga, 1.6
Soldier of Love, Sade, 1.3
Thank Me Later, Drake, 1.3
Raymond V. Raymond, Usher, 1.2
Animal, Ke$ha, 1.1

So you see the difference in the two lists. One list names the ARTIST only which is sales for the artist which includes ALL their album sales for the year. The other list names the Artist and RECORD which inlcudes sales of that artists current RECORD, i.e 'Recovery', 'need you now' and 'speak now'. There is top selling billboard 200 album Artist (which is Taylor she sold more albums then ANYONE in 2010) and then there is top selling billboard artist (which is eminem since recovery was the best selling album of 2010 it also includes other things like downloads, etc. So get off the "Taylor's Team" has all control thingy. It's just creepy talk.

So can we please drop the talk about luck and how Eminem and Lady A sold more of their current albums? No one is arguring that. But it is also a fact that Taylor Swift was the best selling ALBUM artist of 2010. The facts speak for themselves.

If Eminem is mad about anything it's probably the grammy awards. I mean being nominated like 13 times and winning twice, especially when most thought he'd win AOTY. Remember that's not 'taylor's teams' fault, she wasn't even at the grammy awards this year.

So now you can put the 2010 chapter away. It has been spoken, Eminem had the best selling album, Taylor Swift was the besting selling artist. On to 2011.

I must say that I respect your post because you are speaking based on statistics and nt just talking BS.

At the same time, this is a CARRIE forum and the only time you have posted is just to defend Taylor, which is kind of annoying!!!

teesharky

^ I agree that I was mistaken about the Album Artist thing -v- Album of the year.

But in all fairness-- they changed some of the categories since the old Billboard Awards-- so this was very confusing. They used to have categories called : Female Country Artist of the year, and some other chances for Carrie to be nominated.

I knew Carrie would lose Album sales to Taylor and Lady A as everyone knows they both sold alot last year, more then Carrie.

But-- Carrie got more radio play then Taylor on mediabase anyway, in country music (not counting pop)--- so had they kept the old categories and the old criteria-- Carrie may have been nominated at least for a few categories-- and she may have won something too.

The way they changed the elibility dates from the old calendar of November-November, plus cutting out lots of categories, bugs me as it made it much harder for Carrie and Miranda to win anything, but much easier for Taylor.

Carrieflattsfan

I didn't realize the Bilboard Awards hadn't been on in 5 years; I must've missed them. :p
The only performance I looked up was Rihannah and Britney- wow, that was sad. I was a big fan of Britney in her prime, but she should just take her millions and retire, IMO.

clh_hilary

There is too much misinformation in here and others are just joining only to add more misinformation on top of the already abundance of misinformation. Perhaps that's why some of you hate Taylor so much, you are believing all the misinformation posted here daily without checking for yourselves. LOL, now you're saying Taylor's team manipulated the system so eminem is mad at them......so mad that he didn't show up? (even after winning an evening high 6 awards, he wanted more?....greedy much Em?) LOL some of the stuff posted here is priceless. Well if Taylor's team manipulated to win 3 then they all did the same as the winners were pretty much evenly spread out. Six people including Taylor won 3 awards so no one needs to be mad, especially Eminem who won a evening high six awards (with Biber).

Another thing, it was said that Taylor has never won an award for song. That isn't true either, In 2010 she won a Grammy for best country SONG for "white horse". How could we forget?

No manipulation was involved here, Taylor Swift was the top selling album artist of 2010, so her award was not undeserved or "lucky" in any way. Eminem did sell more copies of recovery and that's why he won top ARTIST. But Taylor outsold both eminem and lady for all of 2010 combined in albums on the billboard 200 which is why Taylor won BB 2010 album artist.

Numbers below are factual numbers and the units represent millions sold. Taylor Swift sold a total of 4.5 million albums during 2010 comfortably ahead of Eminem and Lady Antebellum, this list was released first week of 2011 and Taylor had sold 2.96 million copies of "speak now' at that time.

Taylor Swift 4.5
Eminem, 4.3
Lady Antebellum, 3.8
Justin Bieber, 3.7
Glee cast, 3.6
Susan Boyle, 2.7
Lady Gaga, 2.6
Michael Jackson, 2.1
Zac Brown Band, 1.8
The Beatles, 1.7

here is the album list of which lady antebellum and eminem are head which is why Eminem won top artist and Taylor won billboard 200 ALBUM artist so everything is very fair and everybody got what they were supposed to get. So taylor didn't get lucky (well I guess she is lucky that her fans purchase albums) Eminem still won artist but he wasn't the top selling ALBUM artist of 2010, he had the top selling ALBUM of 2010. Those are two different things. Here are the totals for the top selling albums of 2010.

Recovery, Eminem, 3.4
Need You Now, Lady Antebellum, 3.1
Speak Now, Taylor Swift, 3
My World, Justin Bieber, 2.3
The Gift, Susan Boyle, 1.8
Fame, Lady Gaga, 1.6
Soldier of Love, Sade, 1.3
Thank Me Later, Drake, 1.3
Raymond V. Raymond, Usher, 1.2
Animal, Ke$ha, 1.1

So you see the difference in the two lists. One list names the ARTIST only which is sales for the artist which includes ALL their album sales for the year. The other list names the Artist and RECORD which inlcudes sales of that artists current RECORD, i.e 'Recovery', 'need you now' and 'speak now'. There is top selling billboard 200 album Artist (which is Taylor she sold more albums then ANYONE in 2010) and then there is top selling billboard artist (which is eminem since recovery was the best selling album of 2010 it also includes other things like downloads, etc. So get off the "Taylor's Team" has all control thingy. It's just creepy talk.

So can we please drop the talk about luck and how Eminem and Lady A sold more of their current albums? No one is arguring that. But it is also a fact that Taylor Swift was the best selling ALBUM artist of 2010. The facts speak for themselves.

If Eminem is mad about anything it's probably the grammy awards. I mean being nominated like 13 times and winning twice, especially when most thought he'd win AOTY. Remember that's not 'taylor's teams' fault, she wasn't even at the grammy awards this year.

So now you can put the 2010 chapter away. It has been spoken, Eminem had the best selling album, Taylor Swift was the besting selling artist. On to 2011.

lol Hello interestingread, I didn't say Swift isn't the top album seller (nor did anybody else), I'm saying "Speak Now" that particular album was out by two other albums, which concerns the award for Album of the Year. So your post really didn't add anything sweetie.