Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billboard Music Awards 2011: To Be Held in Vegas May 22nd!

carriecountrystar

awards don't MAKE someone a superstar or a career. awards are just icing on the cake for all their hard work and success and I'd like to see the deserving ones get at least that much.

teesharky

^ exactly. The "deserving" ones should get an award after all their hard work-- and that is Carrie.

It is ok to belittle the importance of awards, because they are definitely over-rated by society in general. But I still hate what is happening to Carrie due to the principle of the thing. Carrie's tour was HUGE and a big success, and she didn't get a single EOTY nom or any recognition whatsoever.

teesharky

Awards do not make the career. She can still be one the top artist and not win another award.

but awards do create buzz and hype, which creates album sales, which creates awards. lol

It is a viscious circle, sadly. The more awards you win, the more sales you get due to the buzz and hype from those awards. Then, if you sell alot of albums, you win more awards, and get more buzz. lol

bigbluegrl23

but awards do create buzz and hype, which creates album sales, which creates awards. lol

It is a viscious circle, sadly. The more awards you win, the more sales you get due to the buzz and hype from those awards. Then, if you sell alot of albums, you win more awards, and get more buzz. lol

have you ever thought of quitting your day job and becoming a businesswomen in the entertainment business? i feel like you'd be awesome at it haha :)
becca T

teesharky

have you ever thought of quitting your day job and becoming a businesswomen in the entertainment business? i feel like you'd be awesome at it haha :)
becca T

lol I think I missed my calling. lol But seriously-- lot of other people on this site have amazing ideas too, for stuff that would help Carrie's career. I think Carrie's team should let us all make lists and submit them every week, of all our ideas. lol Together, we could run this joint. :)

elba2007

lol I think I missed my calling. lol But seriously-- lot of other people on this site have amazing ideas too, for stuff that would help Carrie's career. I think Carrie's team should let us all make lists and submit them every week, of all our ideas. lol Together, we could run this joint. :)

I'm telling you no awards of Carrie this 2011, & Billboard is Taylor's management & it will be shown in ABC, no chance bet all disney stars will win, just my opinion

undrwood9098

I'm telling you no awards of Carrie this 2011, & Billboard is Taylor's management & it will be shown in ABC, no chance bet all disney stars will win, just my opinion

Sure, sure.

And Billboard isn't anyone's management...? At least I don't think it is. Where'd you hear that?

teesharky

Billboard is Taylor's management? Are you serious? I had no idea there was a connection.

The ABC thing, you are right about, due to Disney and Universal. Taylor has a major connection there.

pklongbeach

I have to adimt that this news is a little bitter for me to swallow. Billboard Awards shut down in the last several years while Carrie was on top and now that TS and ML are hot the Awards are suddenly and miraculously revived.
Sorry, I just don't like it.
It's not a big deal, and I get that. And people are growing accostomed to not seeing Carrie that these things rightnow anyway. But as we have learned in the last year just what Award shows really are. It seems so obvious that Universal and BM put their money together to bring this back just in time to showcase TS while Lady Gaga is taking the world by storm.
It all just feels fake to me.
Sorry, thats just how I feel about it.

Smokyiiis

I have to adimt that this news is a little bitter for me to swallow. Billboard Awards shut down in the last several years while Carrie was on top and now that TS and ML are hot the Awards are suddenly and miraculously revived.
It's not a big deal, and I get that. And people are growing accostomed to not seeing Carrie that these things rightnow anyway. But as we have learned in the last year just what Award shows really are. It seems so obvious that Universal and BM put their money together to bring this back just in time to showcase TS while Lady Gaga is taking the world by storm.

Wow, I couldn't have stated my thoughts on this matter any better! Thanks for taking the words right out of my mouth!

CarrieFan928

The words were still going on throughout the years, it's just that they weren't shown on TV.

ABC has nothing to do with the nominations since it's based on Billboard activity so I doubt they could fix it.

teesharky

Well I have to agree. At first I was kind of happy about this, as I was thinking back to the days when Carrie won so much. But those days are over and now, it is like pulling teeth for her to win anything. Plus, she seems hell bent on skipping every award show that is not in Country music too....so even if she is nominated, she may not bother going...especially if Miranda goes as the label might want her to shine again.

I just wonder when it will be Carrie's turn to shine again? Will the label ever back her as the big winner again, or will they just keep backing Mirnada and Brad? Will she ever go to these non-country award shows anymore? The whole thing is very confusing.