Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Blown Away" Tracklisting Thread

rottiger

1. "Good Girl" (Carrie Underwood/Chris DeStefano/Ashley Gorley) 3:24
2. "Blown Away" (Chris Tompkins/Josh Kear) 4:00
3. "Two Black Cadillacs" (Carrie Underwood/Hillary Lindsey/Josh Kear) 4:58
4. "See You Again" (Carrie Underwood/Hillary Lindsey/Dave Hodges) 4:06
5. "Do You Think About Me" (Cary Barlowe/Hillary Lindsey/Shane Stevens) 3:37
6. "Forever Changed" (Tom Douglas/James Slater/Hillary Lindsey) 4:02
7. "Nobody Ever Told You" (Carrie Underwood/Hillary Lindsey/Luke Laird) 4:10
8. "One Way Ticket" (Carrie Underwood/Luke Laird/Josh Kear) 3:56
9. "Thank God For Hometowns" (Luke Laird/Ashley Gorley/Hillary Lindsey) 4:01
10. "Good In Goodbye" (Carrie Underwood/Ryan Tedder/Hillary Lindsey) 4:17
11. "Leave Love Alone" (Gordie Sampson/Troy Verges/Hillary Lindsey) 3:19
12. "Cupid's Got A Shotgun" (Carrie Underwood/Chris Tompkins/Josh Kear) 3:43
13. "Wine After Whiskey" (Carrie Underwood/Tom Shapiro/Dave Berg) 3:51
14. "Who Are You" (Robert John "Mutt" Lange) 3:55

Last edited:

thunder92

See, the problem Im having with this so far is that we only have 1 carrie cowrite on this album. Now I know that the best songs win, but for how much Carrie wrote for the album and how long it took I was expecting more co-writes than PO (or at least the same roughly) I guess it could still be the case because writers that are not carrie will blog/tweet etc about their song. So in reality, those may be the only co-writes I suppose.

Only time will tell! Still very excited for the album!

rottiger

Yeah, but "Nobody Knows" and "Good Girl" are both songs I can jam to on my iPod :) And I'm sure other artists would kill to record a song written by Carrie

teesharky

It makes the most sense that this person is accurate because the song fits the album cover title....which depicts a storm. It also has a Wizard of OZ theme going on, so a song about a tornado would be perfect.

Cannot wait!

Claire2004

See, the problem Im having with this so far is that we only have 1 carrie cowrite on this album. Now I know that the best songs win, but for how much Carrie wrote for the album and how long it took I was expecting more co-writes than PO (or at least the same roughly) I guess it could still be the case because writers that are not carrie will blog/tweet etc about their song. So in reality, those may be the only co-writes I suppose.

I like Carrie's rule of having the best songs win regardless of whether they are co-writes or not. Yes, she did write a lot for the Blown Away era, but if only a few co-writes were ultimately chosen I don't necessarily see this as a waste of Carrie's efforts. I think she gained a lot of experience and learned a lot from the songwriters that she collaborated with from the songwriting process that she did for the past year, and that's something that will definitely influence her songwriting for subsequent albums. :)

teesharky

We only have 3 songs so far, and Carrie cowrote Good Girl, so she is 1 out of 3 so far. :)

The songs we have to date are:

Good Girl--- Carrie Cowrite
Blown Away-- BHC writers
Leave Love Alone- Gordie Sampson, Hillary

Rumored:

Nobody Knows- Lori McKenna
A Ryan Tedder song-- Carrie Cowrite
Shapiro song-- likely a Carrie cowrite

So I predict there will be at least 6 Carrie cowrites on the album. There were 7 on PO.

cole

I would never have guessed in a million years that the theme of this album, or any Carrie album, would be about a storm, or storm-related. I just hope it's a good song.

liveasong

tumblr_m12a3i2O4k1qd5601

Interesting indeed....

I still hope Oklahoma Wind will be on "Blown Away" :( I know Carrie said no... but... I hope she changed her mind!

"Every time I think he’s here to stay
He blows away again
It’s like stopping the rain,
trying to tame the Oklahoma wind"

teesharky

Maybe there will be a surprise bonus track or deluxe edition with OW on it?

So far there is no indication of a deluxe edition on the Fanclub or amazon though.

Ty

Layne just posted this over at PMB:

"Just to be clear, Blown Away does involve lyrics about a twister, but the main theme of the song is not the twister itself. It's a story about something dark."

rottiger

I really hope they do an iTunes Countdown like they did for Play On. I feel like it'll make the waiting process a lot shorter

hjj

I really don't want a countdown of the album singles particular since they used the same singles of the countdown for the singles released. It made it anti climatic and I certainly don't want to know the singles for the upcoming album and I would think that at least since they did that w/ the PO era.

Claire2004

Another post at Pulse about Blown Away:

Just to be clear, the song does involve lyrics about a twister, but the main theme of the song is not the twister itself. It's a story about something dark.

The more clues we get about the song, the more impatient I get for the album release! lol

sam_vzla

Another post at Pulse about Blown Away:

The more clues we get about the song, the more impatient I get for the album release! lol

Mmm I wonder if its something about family trouble in hat house or something? and she compares it with a twister? I dont know lol

ramb

Layne just posted this over at PMB:

"Just to be clear, Blown Away does involve lyrics about a twister, but the main theme of the song is not the twister itself. It's a story about something dark."

Maybe Blown Away is that song Carrie told it was so hard to sing, not because of the notes, but because of the meaning of the lyrics.