Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Boy Meets World' sequel series in the works

Casper

'90s kids (and '90s kids-at-heart) will be beyond thrilled to learn that Disney is in early talks to develop a remake of "Boy Meets World,"the coming-of-age sitcom that stole our hearts from 1993 to 2000.

TVLine reveals that The Disney Channel is working on a sequel series, titled "Girl Meets World"(no, seriously) and that they're hoping for Ben Savage andDanielle Fishel to return, reprising their roles as Cory and Topanga.

The series would follow Cory and Topanga's preteen daughter. Fans will remember that the couple married during the college years of the series, and, in the finale, moved from Philadelphia to New York City so Topanga could chase her dream of being a lawyer. They were, of course, accompanied by Cory's ever-present BFF Shawn (Ryder Strong) and brother Eric (Will Friedle). There's no word yet as to whether Disney is looking to bring Strong or Friedle back into the mix for the revamp, but we certainly can't imagine Cory without Shawn.

Of course, the series is only in very early development stages, so we're hesitant to get our hopes up quite yet. Let's just hope that it does the original series justice (cough, "90210") and that it includes everyone's favorite wise teacher-next-door, Mr. Feeny (William Daniels).

The revamp comes on the heels of the ATX Television Festival announcing that a "Boy Meets World" screening and cast reunion will be part of the programming for its second annual event, taking place June 6-9, 2013 in Austin, TX.
‘Boy Meets World’ sequel series in the works with Cory and Topanga’s daughter at the center - Zap2it

carrieismy1idol

Yay,I Loved Boy Meets World When I Was Younger & Still Do Today,I Watch Re-runs On MTV2 & ABC Family Every Single Day Of The Week,I Even Got My Two Little Nieces Mia & Presley Into Watching It So They Are Excited About Girl Meets World Too,I Hope Disney Has Ben Savage And Danielle Fishel Reprise Their Roles As Cory Matthews & Topanga Lawerence-Matthews.

Last edited:

Grace_Of_God

Rumor has it theyve both officially signed back on. Cory will play his daughters (riley) history teacher. She has a brother names Elliot and her best friends name is Maya. I cant remember the article i read this off of haha or id post it. So Im excited.

Marie2011

yay hopefully this spin off series won't stink for example criminal minds is AWSEOME the spin-off series criminal mind suspect behavior stinks. thanksfully the orginal one is still running and is in a new season at the moment, although i do not like the new girl.

Marie2011

Hopefully disney doing girl meet world is going to bring disney channel back to the so weird even stevens lizzie mcguire kim possible the jersey etc etc days

Grace_Of_God

Will Mr. Feeny be appearing? And I hope they keep Eric away. His stupidity annoyed me.

Theres still no word on Mr.Feeny.

I hated the way the developed Eric. He originally started out as just kind of a conceited dork that wasnt too bright. He eventually turned into the stupidest person to ever roam the planet....