Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie and Brad's duet: His Upcoming Single?

kaileigh

I really hope this is true... I love their "Oh Love" so much! It's subtle, soothing, emotional.... what can I say? For me its perfect.. So I really hope they would do another duet... :D I'm really excited!

carrieidol1

This could very well explain the lack of a fifth single. This way they can take both Brad and Carrie's radio power and devote it to one song. As long as the song is nothing short of amazing, it should be a radio MONSTER. Assuming there is one, that is....

Kizmet311

I thought I read somewhere (maybe on the OFC) that the DJ in Columbus, OH, that mentioned the duet said "it should/will be fun". I wonder if that means it's an up tempo duet. I wouldn't mind a mid to up-tempo duet, but I hope it's not one of his really cheesy/comedic songs. Something like Mud on the Tires or Wrapped or something would be okay. I think Brad/Carrie could be the next Conway/Loretta. I think their label knows that. :) Conway and Loretta had a lot of successful duets. I even had a double cassette with all of them on it, lol. Plus, they both had successful solo careers, like Brad & Carrie. Conway and Loretta duets ranged from beautiful ballads (After the Fire is Gone) to some pretty silly songs (You're the Reason Our Kids are Ugly).

leo

I thought I read somewhere (maybe on the OFC) that the DJ in Columbus, OH, that mentioned the duet said "it should/will be fun". I wonder if that means it's an up tempo duet. I wouldn't mind a mid to up-tempo duet, but I hope it's not one of his really cheesy/comedic songs. Something like Mud on the Tires or Wrapped or something would be okay. I think Brad/Carrie could be the next Conway/Loretta. I think their label knows that. :) Conway and Loretta had a lot of successful duets. I even had a double cassette with all of them on it, lol. Plus, they both had successful solo careers, like Brad & Carrie. Conway and Loretta duets ranged from beautiful ballads (After the Fire is Gone) to some pretty silly songs (You're the Reason Our Kids are Ugly).

That sounds incredibly funny XD
But I prefer a deep, emotional song for this once. As everyone already said, Oh Love is....outwordly (from another world XD)

Kizmet311

^I agree, I much prefer something along the lines of "Whiskey Lullaby" or something, but since they've already done a ballad as a duet they may try something different. Guess we'll just have to wait and see and keep praying that it's the next single from Brad!

teesharky

A funny, upbeat duet would be cool too because they are so rare. Almost every duet between men and women are love ballads or sad songs like Whiskey lullaby (which is the best country song ever, IMO) or When I Get Where I'm Going, or Oh Love.

Maybe Brad wanted to do a change of pace type of duet, and make it upbeat and fun. I think that would be very cool actually.

Carrieflattsfan

I'd support any Carrie/Brad duet, but I really hope it's a ballad. Brad usually doesn't have the best taste in upbeat singles, and too many of them just come off as pandering and cheesy.

I remember reading a comment from an artist awhile back who mentioned that it's easier to find quality ballads in country music than strong upbeat singles. I thought it was an interesting comment, but also pretty true with regards to country music.