Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie blogged! 12/9/11!!!!

carebear4eva

Sadly, no terrific revelations. Spoke about football and hockey seasons starting up. She went to Ottawa this weekend for a wedding and she said she loves the place.

About the album, she's writing on Tuesday and Wednesday, and for the rest of the week, she's going to record one of the songs she wrote earlier. She says this song is a very difficult song, but clarifies it's not the notes that makes the song difficult. She's also going to be hearing unfinished versions of some songs she recorded earlier.

No mention of a release date, no mention of a first single.

teesharky

In the thread about Ryan Seacrest--- she did say this: "I am going to tour my face off" next year--- so that confirms there will be a tour in 2012! YAY! :)

She also said the reason she is taking so long is because she wants to do it right, and that she wanted to step back after 3 albums and ask, "why am I doing this." She mentioned that it is about the music- not money or celebrity....and that some people rush out less then stellar albums to stay out there, tour every year, etc-- and that it is too much about the celebrity thing, not the music.

So to me-- she is saying she was a little burned out by all this, and needed to take a step back, take her time on the album-- and do it right.

She also said we will not be disappointed in the album. :) So at least we know there will be a big tour in 2012. That means the album will be out before then-- so it may just be a few more months or early 2012.

carebear4eva

In the thread about Ryan Seacrest--- she did say this: "I am going to tour my face off" next year--- so that confirms there will be a tour in 2012! YAY! :)

She also said the reason she is taking so long is because she wants to do it right, and that she wanted to step back after 3 albums and ask, "why am I doing this." She mentioned that it is about the music- not money or celebrity....and that some people rush out less then stellar albums to stay out there, tour every year, etc-- and that it is too much about the celebrity thing, not the music.

So to me-- she is saying she was a little burned out by all this, and needed to take a step back, take her time on the album-- and do it right.

She also said we will not be disappointed in the album. :) So at least we know there will be a big tour in 2012. That means the album will be out before then-- so it may just be a few more months or early 2012.

It was in the Ryan Seacrest thread?! Thanks! I just spent five minutes opening every random thread looking for the post :p

Too bad the search isn't working :(

carebear4eva

I just read her reply in the Seacrest thread. I know this is an unpopular opinion here, but to me this is again confirmation of the fact that she wasn't happy or was rushed into releasing PO.

She said she would "NEVER put an album out just to have one out". That just makes me think "never AGAIN".

I honestly believe that Carrie would have liked more time to work on PO, which she didn't get.

If she had that time, Lord knows PO would have done better (not that it didn't do well anyway), but the singles could have been better planned, the tracklisting could have been improved, and Oklahoma Wind could have been included.

carebear4eva

Despite my EXTREME impatience, deep down, I'm glad she's taking the extra time. A) she deserevs a rest, and B) Each second of thought put into the album improves it.

Keep faith, be patient, and remember, for every minute you wait, the chances of it becoming the next 21 or Need You Now or Come On Over increases.

Just HANG IN THERE! :D

pklongbeach

For me this is disappointing news and great news at the same time.
I am thrilled that she is in fact taking her ablum quite seriously and cares enough about it as a body of work that she is just not interested anymore in keeping up appearances. That is very important to me.
But of course the other messege is that this album does not sound even close to ready and there is no way we are getting a fall release.
She hasent even chooses all the songs yet. "She Hasn't Even Written All The Songs!"
We are a ways off and we are just going to have to be patient.

nccountrygal

I just read the blog and yeah she really did not give us a hint of when a new single or album would be out but that we will not be disappointed when it finally comes out Okay I think I may have to change my projections until January or February of 2012for the new album. Also, she said that she would probably tour her face off next year but she also talked about going to the hockey games so I am thinking she is probably not planning to start touring until April or May of 2012.

I still think we will probably get a new single sometime this year. She did mention that she was working out to fit in all her dresses at the CMA's which would be in 2 months. Maybe that was a hint that we would get the new single then. It does make sense to perform it on the CMA's so lets just hope we do get the new single then. I just don't see Sony not having her on the radio for the rest of the year.

teesharky

It was in the Ryan Seacrest thread?! Thanks! I just spent five minutes opening every random thread looking for the post :p

Too bad the search isn't working :(

All you have to do is go to her account, Carrie Underwood, and click "see all posts by Carrie Underwood"-- and you can read everything she wrote. :)

Gator

Maybe it was Brad's insistence on holding his album for the Carrie duet that empowered/encouraged Carrie to take her time on this album. Regardless, I understand and respect her decision. Like everyone else, yes, I've been patiently waiting (sometimes impatiently waiting!), but am willing to continue while Carrie is perfecting Album #4 through to its release. :p

teesharky

I just read the blog and yeah she really did not give us a hint of when a new single or album would be out but that we will not be disappointed when it finally comes out Okay I think I may have to change my projections until January or February of 2012for the new album. Also, she said that she would probably tour her face off next year but she also talked about going to the hockey games so I am thinking she is probably not planning to start touring until April or May of 2012.

I still think we will probably get a new single sometime this year. She did mention that she was working out to fit in all her dresses at the CMA's which would be in 2 months. Maybe that was a hint that we would get the new single then. It does make sense to perform it on the CMA's so lets just hope we do get the new single then. I just don't see Sony not having her on the radio for the rest of the year.

I don't think her going to his hockey games has anything to do with when her tour will start= at least I hope not. lol Hockey season starts in a few weeks-- so she could go do every game this Fall while she is not touring--but that doesn't mean she won't be touring in the spring. Hockey goes till June. I doubt she would plan her entire tour around hockey season as that would only leave her with a few months to tour. lol

She said she is touring her face off next year-- so I think we can assume the album will drop in early 2012 in time to promote the tour. So we could still get a single at the CMAS, maybe.

She didn't discuss release dates other then to say she wanted to take her time and do it right....but that we won't be disappointed. I think this means we will get a lead single in a few months, and the album in early 2012.

Last edited:

teesharky

I am thrilled that she is in fact taking her ablum quite seriously and cares enough about it as a body of work that she is just not interested anymore in keeping up appearances. That is very important to me.
But of course the other messege is that this album does not sound even close to ready and there is no way we are getting a fall release.
She hasent even chooses all the songs yet. "She Hasn't Even Written All The Songs!"

agree. It was a mixed bag of news today-- good and bad. lol But I had already resigned myself to a 2012 release after the Ryan Seacrest interview....so I guess we will have to just hope we get a lead single at the CMAs. Otherwise-- they won't have enough time to get enough momentum/buzz for the new album if it drops in early 2012.

The good news is that she confirmed a big tour in 2012--- so to me-- that means the album might drop in early 2012, and the tour might start in March or April, etc- so she has enough time to promote the album first, etc.

They would not launch the new big tour without the new album already out-- so that gives me some comfort that the album will drop in early 2012 rather then later 2012.

teesharky

I'm thinking (and hopeful) that part of her touring in 2012 will be overseas. :)

I think we can expect Australia for sure on the schedule. I just hope she does the UK and some other countries too. But she hasn't done a promo tour for UK yet so I am not sure what they are waiting for.

Maybe she will do a UK promo tour when X factor UK heats up so she can perform on tv there, like she did on Dancing with the Stars in Australia. That is a great way to introduce herself to the UK--- TV.

kewlie78189

ohh I am so excited she finally blogged. Glad there is some confirmation about touring in 2012...it's going to be an EPIC year...and as much as I hate to have to wait, this album sounds like it's going to be amazing!!

Zman312

I am glad that she was very honest on her post! I love that Carrie is so much more open about her feeling. I am sad that the album probably won't be out until next year, but I am can wait!

Pi314CA

I don't think her going to his hockey games has anything to do with when her tour will start= at least I hope not. lol Hockey season starts in a few weeks-- so she could go do every game this Fall while she is not touring--but that doesn't mean she won't be touring in the spring. Hockey goes till June. I doubt she would plan her entire tour around hockey season as that would only leave her with a few months to tour. lol

She said she is touring her face off next year-- so I think we can assume the album will drop in early 2012 in time to promote the tour. So we could still get a single at the CMAS, maybe.

She didn't discuss release dates other then to say she wanted to take her time and do it right....but that we won't be disappointed.
I think this means we will get a lead single in a few months, and the album in early 2012.

Thank you for the blog details and your thoughts. I greatly appreciate it since I am not a CF member. :)

Carrie wanting to do this album right and that we won't be disappointed is great to hear as it reaffirms my belief that Carrie is a high achiever, sets the bar very high and will not settle for mediocrity.

I hope the album is released in January 2012 and competes for the best selling album of the year (for all genres).

I also hope that the tour will be early 2012 rather than later 2012 so that this tour will be in consideration for the best, most successful tour of 2012. Perhaps Brad's "brief" 2-week European tour will be a prelude to a return tour with Carrie. Would love to see Carrie's 4th album "smash" all over the places and receive multi-country sales certifications!

Cps235

Wow, a very informative blog. Thanks for the info Carrie Fans. 2012 sounds like a very EPIC year indeed. I am excited and more at peace now. Not knowing the 4-1-1 on Carrie and her album was slowly taking a toll on me lol. Nevertheless, I am happy that Carrie is taking time for herself to grow and mature as a artist, song-writer and as a entertainer. We haven't seen anything yet. Carrie is recharging to give us some amazing electrifying performances in 2012. There is no doubt Carrie will be swinging and claiming her throne as Entertainer of the Year at the (ACMs), I kinda lost faith in the CMAs lol.

12russ79

Well im a golfer and a fisherman so im definatly use to waiting...... And ive also been Married for a long time so no one has to REMIND ME that sometimes WAITING ON A WOMAN is all you can do.... LOL

Maybe next year will be the time CARRIE does the SUPER BOWL halftime show to coinside with her album drop... Now that would be the Mother of all promos baby!!!!!!!!

oldyfan

I am thrilled that she is in fact taking her album quite seriously and cares enough about it as a body of work that she is just not interested anymore in keeping up appearances. That is very important to me.

I'm not sure she is writing more songs for the album...she is writing this week..but knowing her she might be writing for another project. The reason I believe there is that possibility is because she also said she was waiting for songs she had already recorded. She loves to throw us off, and keep us surprised. Some projects she knows months in advance of us knowing.

Additionally, she said she is going to be touring like crazy in 2012, that takes alot of planning and rehearsing. I still think she is downplaying when the single and album are coming. But no matter, whenever the album comes out I will personally be thrilled. JMO