Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Fans Crashes, Carrie Rocks but what award???

teesharky

sorry for all the typos guys. I got a new Iphone and it keeps changing my words on me when I don't know it. lol

teesharky

Hmm, I don't see any Carrie fans thrashing the performance on Pulse? The comments about not liking Carrie/Steven that I've read so far are from some Pop fans who never liked Carrie anyway.

There are some Carrie fans and others trashing the performance on the Country music section thread on the ACMS, not in the Carrie thread.

CarrieFan_01

sorry for all the typos guys. I got a new Iphone and it keeps changing my words on me when I don't know it. lol
That's my favorite thing about the iphone. I love autocorrect because I love seeing what crazy thing it changes to. I typed "I love you," in a text once and it turned into "I love toucans." Now I always say I love toucans, lol.

Suellen

Carrie and Steven performance made the ACMs -- best of the night. DVR the show but stopped recording after their performance, have no idea how many times I watched it.

Mirasa45A

When you have an artist's performance being the hot topic of any awards show and dominating the news, it doesn't matter
what awards were handed out. That artist is the winner. Carrie is the winner. I'm proud to be a Carrie fan.

Ditto, JP.

opry051008

I think it's tradition around here for the site to crash during an awards show..... happens everytime. :)

Anyone think that the ACM's might change the EOTY back to just industry voted? Carrie's won it twice and I can only speculate that they, industry, label and whoever else did not want her to win a third time in a row so she was not nominated this year. Now Taylor has won so that is 3 years straight now that women have won this so I would imagine the industry, especially the older generation, would like for a man or group to win again. It looks like no one else's fan bases can beat Carrie or Taylor unless both are excluded from the category.

I guess they'll shut Carrie out next year and let Taylor win again. Then they'll shut both of them out for the rest of their careers. lol!

There are some Carrie fans and others trashing the performance on the Country music section thread on the ACMS, not in the Carrie thread.

There will always be some who will trash Carrie's performances. Haters are haters and they're never going away. She'll also get flack from traditionalists but that's to be expected. She can't please everyone so I'm glad she's decided to do what she wants instead of worrying about what everyone else thinks.

mlawlor

I think it's tradition around here for the site to crash during an awards show..... happens everytime. :)

I guess they'll shut Carrie out next year and let Taylor win again. Then they'll shut both of them out for the rest of their careers. lol!

There will always be some who will trash Carrie's performances. Haters are haters and they're never going away. She'll also get flack from traditionalists but that's to be expected. She can't please everyone so I'm glad she's decided to do what she wants instead of worrying about what everyone else thinks.

I totally agree. We all know that Carrie's performance was THE moment of the whole night, and I think that's all that matters, until they start giving awards for award show performances lol.
Knowing this, I was still a bit disappointed at my morning country station that thought the Carrie performance was not worth mentioning, but talking about the Sugarland performance (after playing their other duet of WSYCGH) and announcing that the biggest country concert my city will get this year is...(with a lot of hyped anticipation, lol) Reba! (who played in the general area two or three summers ago) was important.

nccountrygal

You know Carrie and Miranda opened the show last year singing a rock song and no one complained about that so I see no need for anyone complaining about Carrie singing with Stephen Tyler. Anyway I am at the point I don't really care anymore what others have to say. That was a great performance last night by Carrie and Stephen and it certaintly was the highlight of the show! I agree also with a previous poster its a shame that Carrie was not able to defend her title.

opry051008

You know Carrie and Miranda opened the show last year singing a rock song and no one complained about that so I see no need for anyone complaining about Carrie singing with Stephen Tyler.

Well I think CCR is VERY different to Aerosmith. lol! but you still make a good point. :)

I agree also with a previous poster its a shame that Carrie was not able to defend her title.

I originally thought that too, but then I realized that I think we would have lost even if Carrie had been nominated because it's hard to win against Taylor's country AND pop fans when they have been bribed to vote. So instead of feeling bad about losing, we had time to get over our disappointment prior to the award show when she wasn't even nominated and we were free to enjoy what I personally feel was Carrie's best performance to date. :)

coderebaman

Im not a huge carrie fan like you guys, but i like checking up on her through this site. Reba is my favourite singer EVER but carrie's performance was definitely the highlight of the night. Her vocals and stage presence were amazing. She reminds of 90s reba, which is a good and bad thing, carrie is a great entertainer and has great live vocals just like reba did, BUT carrie will continue to be the best entertainer of the year and will keep getting snubbed year after year, just like how reba was even though her live shows were/are the greatest concerts in country music history.

I am glad though that taylor took home EOTY. The only thing im tired of is miranda lambert, SHEESH "THTBM" is such an overrated song, i liked it at first but grew tired of it fast, it doesnt deserve all the awards it's getting tbh.

lab

When you have an artist's performance being the hot topic of any awards show and dominating the news, it doesn't matter
what awards were handed out. That artist is the winner. Carrie is the winner. I'm proud to be a Carrie fan.

VERY WELL SAID!!! I am really VERY VERY PROUD to be a FAN of "Carrie Underwood"!!!

Carrie is " "MY" GREATEST VERSATILE VOCALIST AND "MY" GREATEST VERSATILE ARTIST/ENTERTAINER OF ALL TIME"!!! She is " "MY" GREAT ROLE MODEL/IDOL " - Like "Carrie and Mike", we were created by God to become like "Jesus Christ, Our Savior" and learn " REAL DISCIPLESHIP " like "Carrie and Mike"!!! FOR ME, it takes "AN IDOL" to learn that the "THE PURPOSE OF OUR LIFE FITS INTO A MUCH LARGER, COSMIC PURPOSE THAT "GOD" HAS DESIGNED FOR ETERNITY".

epicamends

Is anyone else still having problems with CF? Every time I click "mark forums read" I get a database error.

HuiZ

Yeah, I've read that ACM thread, Carrie's thread and even the thread in the polling section. But I only saw one Carrie fan (who is a member here as well) who didn't like Carrie's performance :confused: