Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie: "I Don't Want to Smell Like Anybody Else"

Ann055

Carrie:

Tim McGraw and Keith Urban have their own signature scents for sale. But Carrie Underwood says she's not joining that party.

“I really don’t know if I would do the whole fragrance thing 'cause I don’t want to smell like anybody else,” she told country music news website The Country Vibe.

“You go to like the Walgreens or whatever and you just see everybody [on the shelves]. So that one’s not quite for me," Carrie said. "If people walked up to me smelling like me it might weird me out.”

However, it apparently wouldn't weird Carrie out if people walked up to her wearing her clothes. That would be a natural for her in my opinion.

Carrie says her confidence is boosted when she's wearing a great outfit: “I would love to do that for other people too and create things that people would like to wear.”

Hummm...maybe Carrie is going to do a clothing line at some point in the future.

pklongbeach

This is a sentiment that she has expressed before.
I think she is very smart to avoid it.
It is huge money at first (and very hard to pass up) but in short order it ends up on a shelf at Big Lots, And that is a bad bad sign for any relevant artist.

liz278

Not every perfume is for everyone. I don't like Faith Hills, not because of her but because of the smell. I haven't tried everyone's but I wouldn't want to say I didn't like Carrie's perfume :)

Lstname89

I have this idea that Carrie smells like heaven, and no perfume could ever replicate/come close to what I expect her to smell of. HAHA!

supercarriefan

I don't really want Carrie to jump on board with the celebrity fragance craze, so I'm relieved to hear she doesn't want to do one at this point. It just seems like every celebrity has their own fragance, and it's all too much.
It seems like many celebrities are out there just for the sake of being famous instead of focusing on their craft, whether it be music or acting, and all of this extra stuff takes away from that. Of course, the Kim Kardashians and Paris Hiltons of the world are a whole other issue lol.

I do love the idea of Carrie doing a clothing line because she does really seem to enjoy fashion, and putting together great looks. I think it'd be nice if she had a small clothing line to offer at certain stores. I don't know that she needs to go the Jessica Simpson route with several lines of products, but something on a smaller scale would be fun. She could film commercials with her music in the background :p.

teesharky

Agree. I would love for Carrie to do a clothing line. It wouldn't have to be a HUGE deal or anything-- but I could see her doing something for Kohl's or maybe Nordstrom's since she just worked with them.

Carrie seems the type who would not over-price her line. She would make it affordable like Jlo does at Kohl's. I actually like alot of J-lo's outfits at Kohl's, and they are extremely affordable in price.

Carrie would probably make a line that most people could afford, like J-lo did.

I don't really want Carrie to jump on board with the celebrity fragance craze, so I'm relieved to hear she doesn't want to do one at this point. It just seems like every celebrity has their own fragance, and it's all too much.
It seems like many celebrities are out there just for the sake of being famous instead of focusing on their craft, whether it be music or acting, and all of this extra stuff takes away from that. Of course, the Kim Kardashians and Paris Hiltons of the world are a whole other issue lol.

I do love the idea of Carrie doing a clothing line because she does really seem to enjoy fashion, and putting together great looks. I think it'd be nice if she had a small clothing line to offer at certain stores. I don't know that she needs to go the Jessica Simpson route with several lines of products, but something on a smaller scale would be fun. She could film commercials with her music in the background :p.

jbrown

I am not into perfume it wont matter to me that Carie is not interested in perfume creation. I would love to see her own clothing line. Hopefully sometime in the future.

AIgrl06

The thing that bugs me about perfumes is it's so impersonal for an artist to do that. It's like, ooh, I like that smell, put my face on it and call it mine. Even if they went to the factory and mixed it or whatever (I'm taking this from some show I watched, I don't know what it was, haha) it's just a day's work. It's not like they poured their heart and soul into these fragrances.

My favorite celebrity perfume, by the way, is Britney Spears's Fantasy. Yeah, I said it.

ddavenport

She seems like the kind of person not to jump onto the celebrity fragrance bandwagon.

If she had a clothing line, I'd be racing down to Target the first day.

Chasing Dreams

I'm kind of glad she isn't jumping on the whole celebrity fragrance thing. I would love it if she came out with her own clothing line! I would probably buy just about everything in her line.

rosie08

So I am very angry, I driving home from work and of course jimmy carter entertainment dude was on talking to my radio station well they all called carrie a snob because she didn't want to make perfume.. I mean are you kidding me on the radio they called her that. and they were making fun of her being a vegan also. then after that they started talking about youknow who all positive stuff. I mean what the h_ _ _!!!! :mad:

cole

Oh thank God Carrie is not jumping on that train.....everybody and their mother has a fragrance line out now. I never expected she would; just glad this confirms it.