Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie In The Sunday Times Travel Magazine (October 2018)

Louisa

Carrie is featured in the latest issue (#177) of The Sunday Times Travel Magazine (UK). Carrie shares her top tips for visiting Nashville, TN. Enjoy the article. Please credit me if you use anywhere else. :)

Farawayhills

Wow! Thank you - I really enjoyed reading her recommendations! It means a lot to me to hear her emphasizing the off-Broadway venues, which is where most of the more cutting edge Country Music & Roots Rock developments can be heard

I don't know where the new album was made, but she definitely went over to East Nashville to work with Jay Joyce on "Storyteller". Tootsie's may be more like a traditional honky-tonk, but Exit/In and 3rd & Lindsley are associated more with off-Mainstream acts, newer and independent musicians, and acts with a more Alternative leaning. Miranda started her Platinum Tour at Exit/In, and held her songwriting round robin at 3rd & Lindsley - but I've not heard of Carrie going there. (She has, however, hinted before that you can hear a lot of kinds of music wandering off the main tourist beat). Maddie & Tae, who will be on her tour, are playing 3rd & Lindsley early next week. I think both of those venues would only hold a few hundred people at most - so Carrie's unlikely to play them herself - but it is closer to the feel of the music that I was getting from several parts of the album clips - and as I'd love to hear that appreciated more in the Mainstream, I'm especially pleased to hear her urging people to check out that side of the Nashville scene.