Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie mentioned on Behind the scene w/ Keith Urban: American Idol song selection

jaylee50

They almost forgot her! LOL!!

It's beyond my comprehension how they could almost forget someone who is so unforgettable, who is visibly almost everywhere, who has won uncountable awards (Keith Urban?), who has accomplished so much, etc.
BTW, I forgot, did they mention Kelly Clarkson? The bottom line is, I guess, Idol has helped to launch the careers of so many people, that it is difficult to name all of them during a short interview.

Jade_kt

I took it as the opposite that she is so the obvious most successful American Idol contestant that they don't really need to mention it or were being coy and saved mentioning her until the end and were even poking fun of her being successful by saying "Carrie what's she been up to?" "What are u doing Carrie?" "Carrie you are going to make it girl."

I can see why they would have mentioned the other not so obvious AI contestants first as most probably already know about Carrie's success but may not know about the other contestants success or what the other contestants have been up to (i.e. Ruben Studdard owing a restaurant for example). There are so many contestants that have had their own kind of success after idol and in different areas it would probably take too long to mention every contestant anyways.

Jade_kt

It's beyond my comprehension how they could almost forget someone who is so unforgettable, who is visibly almost everywhere, who has won uncountable awards (Keith Urban?), who has accomplished so much, etc.
BTW, I forgot, did they mention Kelly Clarkson? The bottom line is, I guess, Idol has helped to launch the careers of so many people, that it is difficult to name all of them during a short interview.

No Kelly Clarkson wasn't mentioned.

opry051008

Yeah I took it that they were trying to avoid saying Kelly and Carrie to show that you can still be successful and that AI can be great platform even if you don't win. LOL at Keith "never heard of her". I didn't take Keith for a Mary Tyler Moore fan. : )