Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie to record with Tony Bennett

Pi314CA

Exclusive: Tony Bennett records with Amy Winehouse and Carrie Underwood for "Duets 2"

Exclusive: Tony Bennett records with Amy Winehouse and Carrie Underwood for "Duets 2"

By Melinda Newman - Josh Groban, Michael Buble and Aretha Franklin also planned for 85th birthday salute

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2011 2:54 PM

Amy Winehouse, Josh Groban and Carrie Underwood are among the artists Tony Bennett is recording with for “Duets 2,” a follow-up to his tremendously successful 2006 effort, “Duets.”

That first project celebrated the legendary Bennett’s 80th birthday. Similarly, “Duets 2” will honor the star for his 85th birthday and will come out in September on Columbia. Bennett turns 85 on Aug. 3.

Over the weekend, The New York Post broke the news that Winehouse and Bennett were recording together, but we have the exclusive details about “Duets 2” from Bennett’s manager/son Danny Bennett, whom we saw at the MusiCares tribute to Barbra Streisand on Feb. 11.

The set will also include new songs recorded with k.d. lang and Michael Buble, both of whom appeared on “Duets,” as well as, Danny hopes, Aretha Franklin.

Link to article: Exclusive: Tony Bennett records with Amy Winehouse and Carrie Underwood for "Duets 2" - HitFix.com

Gator

Recording with Tony Bennett -- now that is HUGE! That is wonderful news! Also includes Michae Buble and Josh Groban! Thanks for posting!

:D *does happy dance*

CUDD

Dream come true, tbh. I've wanted Carrie to have a studio version of jazz music for a while.

Gator

Recording with Tony Bennett -- now that is HUGE! That is wonderful news! Also includes so many great artists, like Michae Buble and Josh Groban! Thanks for posting! :D *does happy dance*

The sad thing is we have to wait until September! My, I am so impatient! lol :)

Kizmet311

So exciting! Love how everyone that was on that Oprah special and sang FOIML with Tony gets to collaborate with him. Josh and Michael are pretty obvious choices, due to their style and voices, but Carrie is not so obvious. So happy to have some GREAT news! Don't know if any of those will be singles, but it will still be wonderful!

Kizmet311

This is so awesome. So, is this going to be new recordings of old songs or remakes of songs Tony has recorded before? So exciting to know some new Carrie music is on the horizon!

PS - Maybe we could merge this with the other thread, as they both link to the same article.

DaisyTweets

Oh WOW this is so cool!!!!! I wonder what song they'll do? Wonder if this happened because of the Oprah show? Carrie sure has rubbed elbows with some pretty cool people in her short career!

DaisyTweets

So exciting! Love how everyone that was on that Oprah special and sang FOIML with Tony gets to collaborate with him. Josh and Michael are pretty obvious choices, due to their style and voices, but Carrie is not so obvious. So happy to have some GREAT news! Don't know if any of those will be singles, but it will still be wonderful!

But you know the remarkable thing about Carrie's voice and vocal abilities is that she sounds fantastic no matter what genre she sings! She sings Loretta, sounds amazing! She sings a Julie Andrews song sounds amazing! She sings with Harry Connick Jr. sounds amazing! She sings gospel music and hymns and sounds BEYOND amazing! She truly is a gifted, gifted vocalist!

Kizmet311

But you know the remarkable thing about Carrie's voice and vocal abilities is that she sounds fantastic no matter what genre she sings!

Oh, I know she sounded amazing singing FOIML! I just mean to the general population she isn't the obvious choice to sing jazz music. :)

CUFan7

Ahh that's awesome this performance from Oprah is to this day one of my favorites. Carrie's voice is so pure and I love the look Micheal Buble gives her when she slides into that perfect falsetto.

DaisyTweets

Ahh that's awesome this performance from Oprah is to this day one of my favorites. Carrie's voice is so pure and I love the look Micheal Buble gives her when she slides into that perfect falsetto.
Or the big smile of Tony's face! Reminds me of the big smile he had after she sang the Sound of Music! Oh man we should email the Oprah show and say she needs have those 4 artists on again before her show ends. As I recall, they just worked that song up that day!!! So cool brought tears to my eyes watching it again.

CUFan7

Or the big smile of Tony's face! Reminds me of the big smile he had after she sang the Sound of Music! Oh man we should email the Oprah show and say she needs have those 4 artists on again before her show ends. As I recall, they just worked that song up that day!!! So cool brought tears to my eyes watching it again.

Oh yes...

nccountrygal

Yeah that would be great to see them on Oprah again. Well this really sounds exciting and I can't wait to hear it.