Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

Momin

I'm probably in the minority here who is not too thrilled with the clip haha. Maybe I can't hear the production that well on my phone but also - I personally don't like cheesy themes. I liked Crazy Dreams because of the production though, same with Play On (the song). I'll wait to hear the full name. I have to say - all three songs so far are a completely different vibe.

PRGuy79

New song on Friday
I LOVE this clip! She was right. Sing-into-your-hairbrush songs!

jimshoe

Everyone has seemed to like D&R though. I haven't seen much complaining except some feel D&R should be the single instead of GS.

I was referring to the complaining that BTS is releasing the same time as Carrie even though they are on the same label.. Seemed like there was some bickering about that... but its all good now...we got a new song baby!!!!

Reactions: Hil

Hil

I was referring to the complaining that BTS is releasing the same time as Carrie even though they are on the same label.. Seemed like there was some bickering about that... but its all good now...we got a new song baby!!!!
lol facts. I misunderstood. Totally my bad.

CU4ever

Oh wow, another new song already? We will have only like 6 songs left by June release lol.

but it sounds very Shania’s come on over album to me. I immediately thought of “Man, I feel like a woman” when I heard the tune.

Hil

Oh wow, another new song already? We will have only like 6 songs left by June release lol.

but it sounds very Shania’s come on over album to me. I immediately thought of “Man, I feel like a woman” when I heard the tune.
I hear a little bit of the Good Girl sound in the chorus. Just that steady beat that's heard in the song.

jaks_weyn

This is the least intriguing title to me but I am so happy!!!! I was thinking we would get one next Friday to follow the new song every three weeks trend.

Me too.. thought it will be next week... maybe they will move the release date a week earlier too? LOL Anyway, YAY for a new song this Friday... Will be staying up late again tomorrow to listen non-stop to Crazy Angels! Goodbye my 7 hours of sleep 😅

angeliccarrie

Omg! This sounds amazing too! I thought GS was good and I still can't get enough of D&R, now this sounds even better! I think this is going to be my favorite album! Come on June 10th!!!

abbeyjones18

I, too, wonder if we are getting another pre release after Crazy Angels. We're still a little over a month out from the album. We also still don't have the GS video yet, so, if I was making a guess, I would imagine that would be next. Then, they could either do another pre release the week (usually before the album release, I have noticed), or release a video trailer with clips of all the songs from the album, or they could easily do both. I know that sales and streaming haven't been where we are accustomed to, but I think the rollout could have not been better. (She will never have the streaming numbers...we need to stop bickering about her team and streaming numbers. They will not be there...they will never be there. This has been a public service announcement.)

Michael Reid

perhaps the announcement of the pre order kicks in, and they also make the announcement of a release date change, or announce a double album with the 1st part coming out on the 10th, while the 2nd half coming later in the year??

so excited for Crazy Angels

NC State Carrie Fan

I have not been the biggest fan of artists releasing 5-6 songs before an album actually drops but the more I have thought about it, it could just be more normal now.

Opening week sales are not as big of a deal as they have been in the past and album streaming (at least for country artists) has little to no affect on chart entries. However, releasing songs ahead of time creates more buzz around the album, and songs individually get to stand out and get added to playlists instead of just getting lost in an album.

Renegade Runaway and End Up With You were both released as promo singles and have excellent streaming numbers but neither were radio singles. PLUS!!! I’m not gonna complain about new songs to satisfy myself - only damper is I will have a few less to listen to on release day

Zach1998

That clip of "Crazy Angels" is on repeat and has to be a single eventually. That's the most "sure thing" to be a hit she's put out since Southbound imo. Hope there's much more sounds like that in the album. I'd say it's my favorite of the three so far. Strangely enough I think Ghost Story is the weakest of the three. I'm guessing she really liked it to make it the lead, especially considering it's the only song on the album she didn't write.

maddkat

Staff member
^lol, Last week it was D&R was a sure fire hit. IMO neither of those would be much of a hit.
Of the 2 and a small clip songs we've heard I think GS is by far the best. D&R and so far CA are just lets list some stuff and have a chorus songs. Easy to write and boring to listen to more then once.

Zach1998

^lol, Last week it was D&R was a sure fire hit. IMO neither of those would be much of a hit.
Of the 2 and a small clip songs we've heard I think GS is by far the best. D&R and so far CA are just lets list some stuff and have a chorus songs. Easy to write and boring to listen to more then once.
Sometimes the "simple" stuff is the stuff that catches on. Will it be another BHC or BA, no. I'd be shocked if it wasn't in line with the size of DL, SB, SmB, or her other more moderate sized #1s if it did become a single. Plus it sounds like something radio wouldn't have a problem spinning, which would help it be heard by a larger audience.

Never asked you to agree with me, music is subjective, your tastes don't have to match mine, and that's alright.

adam1995

I kind of agree here. Like they're not bad, just not the best Carrie can offer.

I hope there's a lot more depth on this album that we still haven't heard. So far, I'm kind of underwhelmed. I don't want her to dull songs down for hits, not that I necessarily think that's what's happening.