Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

stan

Just listened to all three songs on YT music. In terms of preference:
Denim and Rhinestone – so catchy and I'm ready for a happy song
Ghost story – most polished, depth in story and vocals
Crazy Angels – a fun upbeat song

Josh

Hey guys, apparently the last time I was on here was exactly a year ago from yesterday lol. Anyway, so many things have happened in the Carrieverse, I don't know where to start.

All I can say is, I love Denim and Rhinestones! The throwback 80s/90s/00s sound, the aesthetic, the positive energy, the amazing performances. I think this will be one of her best albums. I'm very happy she is writing again and making the kind of music she wants to. The perfect blend of country/rock/pop with a retro yet contemporary feel. With titles like Crazy Angels, I think of Martina McBride. And, the sound is like her older 00's music, which happens to be my favorite, although I love the Storyteller singles now more than ever. Can't wait to see the music videos she has in store. I hope she directs at least one of them.

maddkat

Staff member
Ok yes it's kind of what happened to me with Storyteller, I didn't like the toned down production, it bored me so much 😅 .

She will have time to release more toned down albums in the future when her voice started to get exausted of singing loud lol
but will I and other older fans be around to hear them??😜

AdamJ

but will I and other older fans be around to hear them??😜
D, I don't think we have to worry about Carrie continuing to have these kind of songs I think she has always (from what I have heard) wanted to do this kind of album---and now in her career, she is able to do it. This album is not very long in length and I think she will have another ( regular story telling, etc., etc..) album very soon (within the year). I think I will like this album, however, realistically,---it is not long enough in length to be a complete album like other albums are. I think Carrie is just having fun, fun, fun....

These songs are not much different than the pop songs by KB, MM, etc.. .

Last edited:

adam1995

D, I don't think we have to worry about Carrie continuing to have these kind of songs I think she has always (from what I have heard) wanted to do this kind of album---and now in her career, she is able to do it. This album is not very long in length and I think she will have another ( regular story telling, etc., etc..) album very soon (within the year). I think I will like this album, however, realistically,---it is not long enough in length to be a complete album like other albums are. I think Carrie is just having fun, fun, fun....

You think she's going to have another album in 2022?

Jane-Alex

If this would be just fun album and in 1-2 years there would be another album, I’d be ok with it and would feel less sad about it being so tiny album, I mean 36minutes…hopefully we won’t have to wait another 3-4years... (there are artists that release new album every two years so hopefully its not impossible...)

Last edited:

AdamJ

If this would be just fun album and in 1-2 years there would be another album, I’d be ok with it and would feel less sad about it being so tiny album, I mean 36minutes…hopefully we won’t have to wait another 3-4years..
Carrie is a perfectionist and I really don't think she is going to try to pass off a 30+ minute album to her fans and expect them to be happy. She has something else in store---and I am sure we will be getting a regular album from her within a year or so. I am finally getting a vacation (hopefully if covid does not scrap my plans again) in July and will be going to Nashville to visit my best friend and family. I always hear gossip (he is an attorney and hears everything) when I am there---also manage to see a couple of artists while I am there. Personally, after 2+ years of covid, I think I would be happy just to sit around the pool and chill.

Hil

I don't care so much about song length. In fact, I didn't really realize so many people thought much about it. I just enjoy each song and don't think about the length of the song or time it takes to listen to the album. lol I do wish there were like 15 songs on this album, BUT... I'm loving what she's showed us so far. I love the songs and vibe. Also, so in love with the longer clip of Crazy Angels! I think it would be a great radio single, but I guess we'll see what else this album has to offer on June 10th. I can't see Carrie releasing another album this year. I'm sure she'll promote this one in full. Hopefully the next album will come in a couple of years instead of four, as that seems so long. I'm sure she stays super busy, so I don't want to sound ungrateful for wanting new music sooner. lol

but hey, I'll take another album if she's going to give us one. I just don't know what makes some of you think this after years that says otherwise. The only curious thing is she hasn't mentioned a tour yet.

Last edited:

PRGuy79

Lyrics for CA posted online...

I'm a walking contradiction, baby, don't you try to figure me out
Got Holy Ghost conviction confliction when the sun goes down
You know where to find me on a Sunday morning
But tonight, I come with a whiskey warning

Sweetheart with a wild side
Girl next door with a rebel smile

Guess I'm one of those crazy angels
Tilted halo with a neon shine
Call me one of those crazy angels
Even good girls wanna have a good time
Heaven knows I'm flying low tonight

I ain't the only one of us to come down onto this dive bar floor
You might not see our wings, we check 'em at the door
We could be dancing or at a booth in the corner
Never know what song we'll rock with that jukebox quarter

Guess I'm one of those crazy angels
Heaven knows I'm flying low tonight

Crazy angels
Only the good ones get to hold onto
Crazy angels
Oh boy, you'll count your blessings if she falls for you

Yes, I'm one of those crazy angels
Heaven knows we're flying low tonight

This crazy angel's flying low tonight, hey!
(Crazy angels)
I am noticing several emerging themes - including in the bolded lyrics above - i.e. "jukebox quarter" and "neon shine".

Jukebox quarter was referenced in Denim & Rhinestones and the use of neon throughout the visual promotion of the album is consistent with a retro vibe. This makes me believe that the album will have a more cohesive theme and sound. Perhaps this will be noticed by some of the critics who have suggested past albums have lacked in this area. Although, Carrie also has referenced the album covering a lot of ground and reflecting a variety of musical influences, so we'll see.

PRGuy79

Denim & Rhinestones - 2:48
Velvet Heartbreak - 3:03
Ghost Story - 3:01
Hate My Heart - 3:03
Burn - 3:10
Crazy Angels - 2:36
Faster - 3:17
Pink Champagne - 3:23
Wanted Woman - 3:19
Poor Everybody Else - 3:45
She Don't Know - 3:29
Garden - 3:02
Perhaps an album of shorter songs reflects the ability of them all to be played on radio. This would be a dream, in my opinion. Shorter songs are typically more commercially friendly. And this also aligns with Carrie's description of an album full of sing-into-your-hairbrush songs. Sure-fire hits, ready to go. This will also make it difficult for the label to choose which ones are promoted as singles - but that would be a nice problem to have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hil

montdu39

Let’s not ignore the fact that ageism is a real thing for women in country music. Carrie is on the cusp of being in her 40s and country radio doesn’t seem to play women of that age unfortunately. She’s not a new artist and the excitement from the general public is less. I don’t think there’s a such thing as a “sure fire hit” for Carrie anymore unfortunately.

adam1995

Let’s not ignore the fact that ageism is a real thing for women in country music. Carrie is on the cusp of being in her 40s and country radio doesn’t seem to play women of that age unfortunately. She’s not a new artist and the excitement from the general public is less. I don’t think there’s a such thing as a “sure fire hit” for Carrie anymore unfortunately.
Exactly what I’ve been saying. Expectations about radio must be tempered…for every song she releases at this point.

Momin

Also because by this era, there's now a well-established new crop of female country artists. By the CP era, they were there but still a little behind. Now they're all at the forefront, often toe to toe on charts and award shows. So now the impact on Carrie's radio performance might be more significant since radio tolerates only a certain amount of females at one time.

Hil

It's weird how little I think of the new comers. Like, I can't even put them in the same category as Carrie. They're just there for me. That song Carly sang at the CMT awards I remember how lackluster it sounded and how much better I thought it would sound if Carrie sang it. This is JMO, I'm sure not everyone feels that way about the newer artists.

I still don't get the huge double standard for males getting airplay into their 40's and not women, but it's whatever. I do think radio will play her if she gives them a hit like IIDLY.

adam1995

Carly Pearce is a phenomenal new artist she deserves all the success in the world.

How I see it at this point is this, all those new artists are staple Female Vocalist nominees, Carrie is now a staple Entertainer of the Year nominee. They are big, but she is at another level, she doesn’t need the traditional avenues of success like radio.

Hil

Carly Pearce is a phenomenal new artist she deserves all the success in the world.

How I see it at this point is this, all those new artists are staple Female Vocalist nominees, Carrie is now a staple Entertainer of the Year nominee. They are big, but she is at another level, she doesn’t need the traditional avenues of success like radio.
I didn't mean Carly doesn't deserve success. That song didn't fit her voice as well as some of the more toned down ones she has sang. IMO It sounded like a song Carrie would crush. But anyway, you don't think they'll give Carrie FVOTY nominations with new music?

adam1995

I didn't mean Carly doesn't deserve success. That song didn't fit her voice as well as some of the more toned down ones she has sang. IMO It sounded like a song Carrie would crush. But anyway, you don't think they'll give Carrie FVOTY nominations with new music?
I’m not saying you said that about Carly, just my opinion. Sometimes it just seems there’s a disdain or dismissal of any female artist because they may compete with Carrie.

I don’t necessarily think she won’t get FV nominations it’s just the new artists will be more automatic in FV and Carrie has ascended to a higher tier as an Entertainer artist more likely than any other.

Regardless of what this album sounds like I hope this is the era to get her CMA Entertainer of the Year.

Reactions: Hil

CarrieAddicted

My God, still with that CMA EOTY thing after all these years. When will you guys ever let that go? (Nothing personal with you, adam1995, at all. It just reminded me)

What’s so mystifying about that one particular award, seriously?

Not winning that shit never had any kind of negative impact on her career.
And winning it, at this point in her career, won’t do anything else for her.

If she had won it when she was, like, on her second, third or fourth album (as she should have had) I could see it bolstering her career in some kinda way, but now??

At this point, the only award she should get from the CMA is the Pinnacle Award, and that’s it.

I think she’s past any other award from those country award shows, honestly. Also, those country shows are so disgusting, sexist, racist… everything that is wrong in the world.