Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood et al celebrate third decade of Country Cares for St. Jude Kids

Pi314CA

Carrie Underwood, Jewel, Randy Owen and hundreds of country music industry and radio professionals celebrate third decade of Country Cares for St. Jude Kids

Country music industry has raised a record $365 million since 1989 to help kids battling deadly diseases

Memphis, Tenn. – January 25, 2010 – Country music artists, industry leaders and radio stations descended on the "Home of the Blues"last week to kick off the annual Country Cares for St. Jude Kids® radio fundraising program. Country Cares unites the music industry and has raised more than $365 million since its inception to help St. Jude Children's Research Hospital® find cures and save children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases.

More than 650 participants from across the country attended the seminar, including artists like Carrie Underwood, Jewel, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Steve Azar, Danny Gokey, Little Big Town, Darryl Worley, Joe Nichols and Randy Owen of the GRAMMY® Award-winning group ALABAMA. Owen co-founded Country Cares in 1989 after meeting St. Jude founder Danny Thomas, who asked him to spearhead an effort within the country music industry to help cure childhood cancer.

"There's nothing like St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. There's nothing like the St. Jude Country Cares program," Owen said. "This is the most important thing I've done in my life besides take care of my wife and children."

Link to rest of article: Carrie Underwood, Jewel, Randy Owen and hundreds of country music industry and radio professionals celebrate third decade of Country Cares for St. Jude Kids

robinannhunt

DO I see Carrie in the middle of this picture?

country-cares-group.jpg