Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood Ft Brad Paisley Remind Me Rehearsal CMA 2011

Kuntrycarrie

This is the rehearsal mp3 song of carrie at the cma 2011 performing remind me with brad paisley! hope you like it! =)

snapshot020320111110143.jpg

carrie_underwood-and-brad_paisley-remind_me-cma_awards-(rehearsal)-2011-oki.mp3

The Nanook

This was much better than the live performance. Still not great, but a lot better. It's funny cause the same thing happened with the SuperBowl National Anthem in terms of rehearsals vs. live performance. But in that situation it was nerves that popped up in the last note, not mic problems.

epicamends

This was much better than the live performance. Still not great, but a lot better. It's funny cause the same thing happened with the SuperBowl National Anthem in terms of rehearsals vs. live performance. But in that situation it was nerves that popped up in the last note, not mic problems.

Actually, in that situation I'm pretty sure it was that Carrie couldn't hear herself over the fireworks and crowd, not that she was too nervous to sing it properly.

carriecountrystar

Thanks!

Carrie does sound much better here. It was much smoother and didn't have that crack jump from the head-voice down. I wonder if her voice just wasn't warmed up before the actual performance or if it was just the mic/sound problem. I remember this also happened at the Opry performance.

Anyways, Carrie still sounded great regardless!

Carrieflattsfan

I think there were mic issues during the CMA performance as well- if you listen closely, it seems like Carrie was singing as well as usually does, but the mic was either too low, or it cut out at the start. Regardless of what happened, Carrie's voice seemed to get stronger as the song went on. It's too bad people are bashing Carrie so badly for this; heaven forbid she can't have ONE performance that is below her usual standards. It's not like the performance was terrible, just not her best. If Carrie sounds like that on her worst day, the music industry should be thanking their lucky stars to have her.

I hope we have at least one more chance to hear RM live; the Opry performance really didn't showcase the best of Carrie or Brad, and it doesn't help they don't have the best sound system, either. This performance was good, but I hope we can hear something better. It'd be a shame if we didn't get to hear a great performance of this song; I have faith if anyone can give us an amazing performance, it's Carrie. :)
It seems RM doesn't translate too well in a live setting, which is too bad. I'd love to see an acoustic performance of this song, to see if that would improve the song's quality in a live setting.

carriecountrystar

^ The few starting notes in the performance just didn't have the same volume/tone in the beginning. Whatever the case, didn't anyone hear Carrie belting out and holding those insane notes with such incredible power and subtly at the same time?
Ok, so a note or two were not like the ultimate perfection, so what? It baffles me to no end seeing people go on and on about how Carrie was so off. PLEASE. :rolleyes:

"Others" can go off and give less than mediocre performances but are given a blind eye or "deaf ear" review in return with rabid fans going on and on about how great "they" have performed considering how nervous they must have been. (<-- wow! who would have known one would get nervous before a performance?)
When they finally have this one in a million performance where they "sort of" find their breathe and note a tiny bit closer to the actual pitch, "they" get praised to no end like they've just sung the best performance known to man.

Carrie gives one of the best performances of the night and gets picked on for a little note. Oh, please.

Butterfly13

To me, it wasn't Carrie that was off. I think Brad's guitar was way too loud during the performance and it seemed to drown her voice like it did in the album version. They both sounded great overall but it wasn't their best performances.

Carrie&Taylor

Maybe they are just so used to her being spot on every time but she's been out of practice. I prefer this live version over the studio version.

maddkat

Staff member
thanks

Brad's guitar is still obnoxious and it seems like Carrie's mic is lower then Brad's,
but still except for the first few notes she rocked it!