Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood total Billboard #1s rises to 50!!!

AdamLikesCarrie

@idolsnow
IdolsNow
CARRIE UNDERWOOD's live recording "How Great Thou Art" moves to #1 on the Christian Digital Songs and Christian/Gospel Digital Songs charts.

@idolsnow
IdolsNow
With "How Great Thou Art" topping two charts this week, CARRIE UNDERWOOD's total of Billboard #1s rises to 50.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Jesus, Take The Wheel" holds at #15 on the Christian Digital Songs chart, while "Temporary Home" holds at #19.

Let's CELEBRATE!

Jade_kt

Wow that is awesome!!! You know you have something special when you can make a gospel/church/religious song/hymn get that kind of response from people.

Gator

That is incredible -- and so is Carrie! It is wonderful to see so many people appreciating Carrie and her talent, as we have always done. :)

Shame on her critics for ever suggesting she doesn't "emote" or doesn't relate to a song because she hasn't "penned" it. Come to think of it, those critics have been pretty quiet for her HGTA performance!

Mirasa45A

This is so amazing --Carrie reminds me so much of Elvis Presley :):):):):)

@idolsnow
IdolsNow
CARRIE UNDERWOOD's live recording "How Great Thou Art" moves to #1 on the Christian Digital Songs and Christian/Gospel Digital Songs charts.

@idolsnow
IdolsNow
With "How Great Thou Art" topping two charts this week, CARRIE UNDERWOOD's total of Billboard #1s rises to 50.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Jesus, Take The Wheel" holds at #15 on the Christian Digital Songs chart, while "Temporary Home" holds at #19.

Let's CELEBRATE!

AdamJ

This is so amazing --Carrie reminds me so much of Elvis Presley :):):):):)

You know Mirasa, my Mom said the same thing. She also said that Elvis was treated in the same way that Carrie has been treated. She said that Elvis's vocals were so good and he was so versatile that the critics did not know what or where to place him in music. She said that he also was humble and never forgot his roots--and people judged him all the time---some were not happy with anything he did--they would pick him to pieces--just like some do Carrie. I think Elvis messed up his life with perscription drugs but I think both Elvis had and Carrie has a love of God.

Claire2004

That is incredible -- and so is Carrie! It is wonderful to see so many people appreciating Carrie and her talent, as we have always done. :)

Shame on her critics for ever suggesting she doesn't "emote" or doesn't relate to a song because she hasn't "penned" it. Come to think of it, those critics have been pretty quiet for her HGTA performance!

That's the thing that frustrates me the most about some of these critics- if they're really unbiased in their reviews, why can't they give positive as well as negative reviews? Some of them seem to relish giving negative reviews, but when a beautiful performance or recording comes along they become silent.

teesharky

^ yep. One would think the 9513 would have at least commented, or Entertainment Weekly, etc.

That is great that she has 50 number 1s now though! woohoo!

nanna05

Please explain the 50 #1s, Theresa. I guess I'm having a dumb moment. Don't quite understand

clh_hilary

Wow that is awesome!!! You know you have something special when you can make a gospel/church/religious song/hymn get that kind of response from people.

Not trying to take anything away from Carrie, but every #1 song on that chart, which is a chart for gospel song, was and will be about godpel/church/religious song/hymn. It's like releasing a country single that goes #1 on country chart and saying, ugh, who knows country songs could go #1 on country?!

Regardless, HGTA has impacted the world outside, I'd rephrase your statement to "You know you have something special when you can perform a song and get that kind of response from people".

Please explain the 50 #1s, Theresa. I guess I'm having a dumb moment. Don't quite understand

It means the numbers of #1 she had of any charts. For example, if a song for her reached #1 on multiple charts, like Hot Digital Songs, Heatseeker, Hot Country Songs, Hot Digital Tracks, Radio Song, Top Pop Songs, etc., it gets 6 #1's or so. So collectively she's had 50 #1 titles, not entries. There are actually a lot of charts on Billboard, but this doesn't count any Mediabase charts.

nanna05

Not trying to take anything away from Carrie, but every #1 song on that chart, which is a chart for gospel song, was and will be about godpel/church/religious song/hymn. It's like releasing a country single that goes #1 on country chart and saying, ugh, who knows country songs could go #1 on country?!

Regardless, HGTA has impacted the world outside, I'd rephrase your statement to "You know you have something special when you can perform a song and get that kind of response from pe

It means the numbers of #1 she had of any charts. For example, if a song for her reached #1 on multiple charts, like Hot Digital Songs, Heatseeker, Hot Country Songs, Hot Digital Tracks, Radio Song, Top Pop Songs, etc., it gets 6 #1's or so. So collectively she's had 50 #1 titles, not entries. There are actually a lot of charts on Billboard, but this doesn't count any Mediabase charts.

Thank you. Makes perfect sense. I feel so silly for not thinking of it in that way. My bad :eek:

clh_hilary

Thank you. Makes perfect sense. I feel so silly for not thinking of it in that way. My bad :eek:

Just wanna add a little something. According to this calculation, Kelly Clarkson has the most #1's while Daughtry is behind Carrie. But Daughtry was catching up fast during their debut era so I really don't know how far they are to each-other now. But I guess it'd be really hard for Carrie to catch Kelly because Kelly's a multi-format artist, meaning having the potential to top a few more charts.

quincyeyes

Here are 21 #1s I could find:

1. Hot 100 – 1 - Inside Your Heaven (Carrie Underwood Music News & Info | Billboard.com)
  2. Country Songs – 10 (Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com)
    1. Jesus, Take the Wheel
    2. Before He Cheats
    3. Wasted
    4. So Small
    5. All American Girl
    6. Last Name
    7. Just a Dream
    8. Cowboy Casanova
    9. Temporary Home
    10. Undo It
  3. Billboard 200 – 2 (Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com)
    1. Carnival Ride
    2. Play On
  4. Country Albums – 3 (Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com)
    1. Some Hearts
    2. Carnival Ride
    3. Play On
  5. Digital Albums – 2 (Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com)
    1. Carnival Ride
    2. Play On
  6. Canadian Albums – 1 – Carnival Ride (Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com)
  7. AOL Radio – 1 – Undo It (Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com)
  8. Decade End Chart – 1 – Country Album – Some Hearts (Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com)
I couldn't find on the Billboard site their chart history for Canadian Country hits of which Carrie has several number 1. I didn't even look for the Christmas charts. I know she has several #1 Digital Country songs but couldn't find where they are sited.

I guess I must be bored b/c I'm certain Cary has them listed somewhere here.

teesharky

I am not sure myself how Billboard figured it out--- but I do know that Kelly Clarkson has 65 Billboard Number 1s. so it makes sense that Carrie would be slightly lower then Kelly since Kelly has been out 4 years longer.

I also know they include comprehensive album number 1s, digital, albums, and even recurrent number 1s I think.

Trust me-- if Billboard says Carrie has 50 number 1s, she has 50 number 1s. :)

clh_hilary

Here are 21 #1s I could find:

1. Hot 100 – 1 - Inside Your Heaven (Carrie Underwood Music News & Info | Billboard.com)
  2. Country Songs – 10 (Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com)
    1. Jesus, Take the Wheel
    2. Before He Cheats
    3. Wasted
    4. So Small
    5. All American Girl
    6. Last Name
    7. Just a Dream
    8. Cowboy Casanova
    9. Temporary Home
    10. Undo It
  3. Billboard 200 – 2 (Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com)
    1. Carnival Ride
    2. Play On
  4. Country Albums – 3 (Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com)
    1. Some Hearts
    2. Carnival Ride
    3. Play On
  5. Digital Albums – 2 (Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com)
    1. Carnival Ride
    2. Play On
  6. Canadian Albums – 1 – Carnival Ride (Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com)
  7. AOL Radio – 1 – Undo It (Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com)
  8. Decade End Chart – 1 – Country Album – Some Hearts (Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com)
I couldn't find on the Billboard site their chart history for Canadian Country hits of which Carrie has several number 1. I didn't even look for the Christmas charts. I know she has several #1 Digital Country songs but couldn't find where they are sited.

I guess I must be bored b/c I'm certain Cary has them listed somewhere here.

Canadian #1's are not counted towards Billboard. Christmas #1's, apart from last year's holiday chart (where Carrie did not score a #1), were unofficial #1's.

Her other #1's could be Internet Albums, Comprehensive Albums and a few single sales chart. IYH was #1 on physical sales (overall) and of course country singles sales as well, so there's already another two more #1's. Digital songs charts were established last year, so maybe that's why you couldn't find them.

AIgrl06

I just think it's amazing that Carrie can now list "How Great Thou Art" among her list of number one songs. :D Who would've thought?