Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood will be featured on "American Idol 10th Anniversary - The Hits" CD!

supercarriefan

Isn't Carrie #5?

It's in order of the seasons of Idol...they started with Kelly and ended with Lee.

Okay, so my reaction when I saw the tracklist for this compilation was that many of the songs couldn't be considered hits as the title suggests. I thought it might be false advertising lol. Of course, we all know BHC was a hit, and Kelly's Since U Been Gone was a hit, but I decided to look up the numbers for all of the tracks for comparison. For those of you that are interested, here's what I found (all chart data is Billboard). I hope this is okay to post!

Since U Been Gone - Certified Platinum, #2 on Hot 100, #1 Pop, #2, Adult Top 40, #22 Hot AC
Superstar - Grammy nomination, #112 Hot 100, #1 R&B
Invisible - Certified Gold, #37 Hot 100, #8 AC
When I See U - Certified Gold, Grammy nomination, #32 Hot 100, #1 R&B
BHC - 3 Grammy nominations (2 wins), Certified Multi-Platinum, #8 Hot 100, #1 Country, #6 AC, #9 Adult Pop
Takin' It To The Streets - #69 Hot 100
Home - Grammy nomination, Certified Platinum, #5 Hot 100, #1 Adult Top 40 and Hot AC
No Air - Grammy nomination, Certified Platinum, #3 Hot 100, #4 R&B, #2 Adult Pop
Light On - Certified Platinum, #17 Hot 100, #20 Adult Top 40, #23 Pop, #10 Hot AC
Live Like We're Dying - #18 Hot 100, #8 AC, #3 Adult Top 40, #10 Modern Top 40
Whataya Want From Me - Grammy nomination, #10 Hot 100, #12 Modern Top 40, #2 Adult Top 40
Sweet Serendipity - #38 Adult Pop, #96 Hot 100

One artist/song that should have been there:
Crush (David Archuleta) - 1.9 million sold, #2 Hot 100, #6 Hot AC, #15 Adult Top 40, #12 Pop

From the numbers, I guess some songs were bigger than I thought, and poor Taylor and Lee because their numbers aren't even a fair comparison to the other Idol winners.

Carrieflattsfan

Very cool!

They did a decent job with the tracklist, too.
"Home," BHC, Since U Been Gone, "Whatdaya Want From Me" and "No Air" were huge hits, and I believe Lee's song did fairly well on the pop charts a few months back. "Invisible" was also a decent hit for Clay a few years ago as well.

Missing:

"Over It" (a huge hit for Kat a few years ago on pop radio).
"Crush"
"Wait For You" Eliot Yamin