Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood's Calia by Carrie

maddkat

Staff member
If this does well, i won't be surprised if there would be a Calia for Men.. : D

He'd have to get out of his Under Armour contract first.:)

I fine the pricing of the line in line with everything else at Dick's.
It's all a tad over priced.

Like Wilflower said - hang on and it'll show up at TJ Maxx

jbrown

Well, we have different financial status'. If it's out of your price range, it's out of your price range. Don't feel bad. I think $65-$80 for a pair of capris is too expensive for most middle class Americans. I actually work at a fitness center and we have a lot of people that come in wearing Lulu Lemon pants ranging from $80-$100. The personal trainers tell me all the time that the over pricing of fitness apparel is a shame. There really is no difference in the work out other than the label. If you can afford Calia, by all means go out and support our girl! But if not, don't feel bad that it's not in your finances. Just go out and buy more OPI nail polish like a plan to! :)

I know what you mean. I hardly buy Lulu Lemon either. I will probably ask my relatives to get me some gift cards and on special occasions I will get one or two or buy one at a time.

JB172

The prices are a little high but it's just like any other celeb clothing line and you are going to pay for both the product and the celeb name that goes with it.

fan7

Do clothing line launches include promotion by the celebrity? Is she going to have a son or a clothing line first?

rainbow1

I'm very excited about this, for Carrie!! I won't be running up any steps :) but this will be great gifts for my daughter and two daughters in law!! The jacket looks cute, I could get that!! Really happy for her, she seems so excited!!

pklongbeach

A few things about pricing. 1st. remember that quality does cost. But it also pays off. I can't afford a lot, so it is important to me to make sure that if I buy cheap I will get cheap. And it is true that "cheap" does not end up cheap when you have to "re-buy" over and over again....
A solid pair of shoes its a great example. A solid pair of quality shoes will literally last you years. Vrs, a cheap pair lasting a season..... If you send 80 dollars on quality shoes, or 24.99 on cheap shoes you have to buy 4 times over, guess what? You saved yourself money buying the quality shoe.

Now I am all about cheap and affordable. But when it comes to something that is quality and will last. You pay extra and save in the long run.

I don't see Carrie as a frivolous person. I think she is the type that buys cheap makeup when its appropriate but buys "the good stuff" when it makes sense to do so.
I imagine she puts the same thought into this clothes line. "Buy good quality once and it will last you!!"

pklongbeach

and for the record, this is nothing like buying 200.00 crap from Kanye or Kim....... or a cheap sun dress and Walmart....

This is going to be quality product meant to be used and last.........

Pi314CA

I usually get my fitness apparel at TJ Maxx. The great thing is you can get items that originally retailed for $80-$90 at a discounted price of $15-$20. So hopefully the Calia brand will make it to the TJ Maxx and Marshall stores and become more affordable for everyone.

While the pricing is a tad high, I really hope the Calia line of clothing does not end up in a TJMaxx, Ross, Marshall type of store. I don't want to see factory rejects/slight defects and dumping of excess inventory for Calia.

For the yuppies and young professionals, this is actually quite affordable and inline with other clothing costs. In my area, extremely outrageous..., money is so plentiful and affordability so relative. As an example, a house here goes for $250k over asking price on a regular basis.

jbrown

A few things about pricing. 1st. remember that quality does cost. But it also pays off. I can't afford a lot, so it is important to me to make sure that if I buy cheap I will get cheap. And it is true that "cheap" does not end up cheap when you have to "re-buy" over and over again....
A solid pair of shoes its a great example. A solid pair of quality shoes will literally last you years. Vrs, a cheap pair lasting a season..... If you send 80 dollars on quality shoes, or 24.99 on cheap shoes you have to buy 4 times over, guess what? You saved yourself money buying the quality shoe.

Now I am all about cheap and affordable. But when it comes to something that is quality and will last. You pay extra and save in the long run.

I don't see Carrie as a frivolous person. I think she is the type that buys cheap makeup when its appropriate but buys "the good stuff" when it makes sense to do so.
I imagine she puts the same thought into this clothes line. "Buy good quality once and it will last you!!"

My thinking exactly.

gocountrymusic

I'm not the most fitness type person but one of my friends are so maybe I'll get it for her as a gift. Me running up those stairs would look a little different from Carrie running up them lol.

Wildflower

While the pricing is a tad high, I really hope the Calia line of clothing does not end up in a TJMaxx, Ross, Marshall type of store. I don't want to see factory rejects/slight defects and dumping of excess inventory for Calia.

For the yuppies and young professionals, this is actually quite affordable and inline with other clothing costs. In my area, extremely outrageous..., money is so plentiful and affordability so relative. As an example, a house here goes for $250k over asking price on a regular basis.

I really hope it does show up at TJ Maxx because I know for a fact that's the only way myself and many Carrie fans will be able to afford it. I don't think we should be excluded just because it's out of our price range. And just because something is in TJ Maxx that does not mean that it's tainted. I buy most of my clothes there because paying the regular retail price is simply not an option.

Suellen

I'm not the most fitness type person but one of my friends are so maybe I'll get it for her as a gift. Me running up those stairs would look a little different from Carrie running up them lol.
If I was running up the stairs lIke Carrie did I would need an ambulance.

Just looked at the lululemon site, which is a very popular brand for woman. Their pants run for around $100. I know people buy that brand so that makes me feel a lot better.

carebearcarrie

I usually get my fitness apparel at TJ Maxx. The great thing is you can get items that originally retailed for $80-$90 at a discounted price of $15-$20. So hopefully the Calia brand will make it to the TJ Maxx and Marshall stores and become more affordable for everyone.

Brilliant thinking! I usually buy all my athletic wear at nike when the are on super discount. Lol. I love Tj Maxx though! I get my workout pants there!