Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christina Aguliera to sing National Anthem at Superbowl Feb. 6th

Carrieflattsfan

Wow, I can't believe the time has gone so fast! Around this time last year we were all so excited to hear Carrie blow them all away at the superbowl. It's been announced Christina Aguliera will perform this year's anthem. I'm a huge fan of both these ladies, and think it's great that they picked two of the best female singers ever to follow each other.;)

Also, I just noticed Christina has the same number of Grammy's as Carrie, and her career is still going strong. How cool would it be for Carrie to surpass an awesome talent like Christina??

Christina Aguilera to sing national anthem at Super Bowl | NewsOK.com

12russ79

Well all my relatives are breathing a sigh of relief.. This year i wont make everybody stop what there doing at my party and listen to the NA like it was more important then the game or the commercials...LOL I remember i was soooo nervous for Carrie i could have no fun till after the anthem!!! But boy did she nail it!!!!!!

pklongbeach

christina will do well. and I to, hope she does not sing it to death.
she can be alittle on the dramatic side.
Great singer yes, but the Na sould be about allowing people to take a moment to remember their country.
Not about drama.

clh_hilary

Aguilera messed the anthem up. She doesn't even know the words, or that she messed it up. And completely oversang it (like she always does).

And, to add to the first post, her career isn't going strong, at all. Her last studio album, "Burlesque", debuted and peaked at #18 without a single impacting any charts. Its movie of the same name also failed to make its budget.

Her last studio full-length album, "Bionic", debuted and peaked at #3 with her lowest opening sales throughout her career, and sold only around 250k copies in total. The album produced no hit single, with "Not Myself Tonight" not reaching 400k copies and tumble after its first digital week (well, actually first few days). She was also forced to cancel her tour.

Critical-wise, "Bionic" got trashed by critics and receive no award nominations. And her last Grammy was from 2006's "Ain't No Other Man" (which, by the mean time, was being sued for not paying its sampling fee).

Her last last album, "Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade of Hits", debuted at #8 only and sold only around 400k copies in total. Its leading single also did poorly after its sales-debut.

Her last #1 album was from 2006, her last #1 single was from 2001, and was a collaboration with P!nk, Mya and Lil Kum. Her last Top 20 single was from 2008. Her last Gold or more single was from 2006. Her last album with legs was from 2002. Last tour was from 2006.

Her peers around the same time, Britney Spears, Beyonce (Destiny's Child), P!nk and Rihanna are doing very well. While some of those 'pop *****es' also faded, like Avril Lavigne, and pop-jazzer Norah Jones.

Personally, she's divorced from her husband last year, and got arrested for being drunk in public places. She also falls into a lot of comparisons to Madonna, Lady GaGa, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears throughout the years, making her a 'second-best' to many. Her recent 'good' news are only 1.She performed a tribute for Aretha Franklin on the Grammy's, but she nearly fell on the stage; 2.She was chosen to be a judge on "The Voice", but it was not exactly the biggest show, not to mention the competition from "X-Factor" and "American Idol". Plus, basically only 'has-been' would became judges on a singing contest. Like Paula, like Kara, like Randy, like Brandy. There has only been one successful example of a judge becoming successful again and it is Jennifer Lopez which has just released ONE single thus far and is not really having radio success as of now. It's also notible to note that AI is the #1 TV show for the past decade, so...

Carrieflattsfan

Aguilera messed the anthem up. She doesn't even know the words, or that she messed it up. And completely oversang it (like she always does).

And, to add to the first post, her career isn't going strong, at all. Her last studio album, "Burlesque", debuted and peaked at #18 without a single impacting any charts. Its movie of the same name also failed to make its budget.

Her last studio full-length album, "Bionic", debuted and peaked at #3 with her lowest opening sales throughout her career, and sold only around 250k copies in total. The album produced no hit single, with "Not Myself Tonight" not reaching 400k copies and tumble after its first digital week (well, actually first few days). She was also forced to cancel her tour.

Critical-wise, "Bionic" got trashed by critics and receive no award nominations. And her last Grammy was from 2006's "Ain't No Other Man" (which, by the mean time, was being sued for not paying its sampling fee).

Her last last album, "Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade of Hits", debuted at #8 only and sold only around 400k copies in total. Its leading single also did poorly after its sales-debut.

Her last #1 album was from 2006, her last #1 single was from 2001, and was a collaboration with P!nk, Mya and Lil Kum. Her last Top 20 single was from 2008. Her last Gold or more single was from 2006. Her last album with legs was from 2002. Last tour was from 2006.

Her peers around the same time, Britney Spears, Beyonce (Destiny's Child), P!nk and Rihanna are doing very well. While some of those 'pop *****es' also faded, like Avril Lavigne, and pop-jazzer Norah Jones.

Personally, she's divorced from her husband last year, and got arrested for being drunk in public places. She also falls into a lot of comparisons to Madonna, Lady GaGa, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears throughout the years, making her a 'second-best' to many. Her recent 'good' news are only 1.She performed a tribute for Aretha Franklin on the Grammy's, but she nearly fell on the stage; 2.She was chosen to be a judge on "The Voice", but it was not exactly the biggest show, not to mention the competition from "X-Factor" and "American Idol". Plus, basically only 'has-been' would became judges on a singing contest. Like Paula, like Kara, like Randy, like Brandy. There has only been one successful example of a judge becoming successful again and it is Jennifer Lopez which has just released ONE single thus far and is not really having radio success as of now. It's also notible to note that AI is the #1 TV show for the past decade, so...

Christina has sung the anthem correctly plenty of times. What's the purpose of rehashing everything else we already know? Doesn't change the fact that she has more talent in her pinky finger than 95% of pop artists out right now. Popularity does not equal talent.