Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cmt.ca spreading *confirmed* false personal news about Carrie!

mlawlor

Okay, not getting an ETOY nom is one thing, but a supposedly credible television station's website spreading confirmed false information about Carrie is another thing!
I was talking on facebook with someone about Carrie's professional career plans (i.e. the possibilities of Carrie appearing at unannounced festivals), and they made a reference to Carrie's personal life that differed from the what I heard, which is perfectly fine - until C---U--Official.com makes a press release, it's not official Carrie news, IMO.

My beef lies in the timing of the source of rumored information, from the supposedly reputable, cmt.ca
I'm not going to discuss the actual false news (not allowed on cfans, so please keep this thread clean...) but my problem is not with the subject content, but rather it's web published timing:
On January 26th (last Wednesday) the tabloid Star Magazine made a comment on Carrie's personal life. (I know enough to treat these magazines with a grain of salt, so no harm done).
Two days later, the almost equally reputable US weekly publishes a statement directly from Carrie's people saying that the January 26th news from Star Magazine is false.
The problem lies in that on that same day, January, 28th, cmt.ca (which appears to be reputable, as the only country music channel in Canada) published on their website CMT.ca, the "news" from January 26th (not the 28th...), and because it's coming from cmt, there's a greater chance of this false information being spread with assumed credibility, etc. The "story" on cmt.ca is still the 3rd most recent story on the website. Anyone want to email cmt.ca about this? CMT.ca : Country Music Television : Videos, Music and Community

Jade_kt

Carrie said she isn't pregnant and so just need to ignore the rumours. If she is then it's obvious she wants to keep it personal. Still don't think it is true. We should respect her privacy.

teesharky

Why didn't CMT read the press release from Carrie's PR Rep, denyiing the pregnancy? This is old news already. ugh.

I feel bad for poor Carrie. Being preggers would be amazing, but if its a confirmed lie it shouldn't continue to circulate and spread. Today someone in my school said they saw it and said "Shes such a slut she probably got it from one of the random guys she hooks up with" and i legit wanted to lunge and attack them, I hate it when people diss Carrie

Kizmet311

These rumors happen to every celebrity female once they are engaged or married. Besides, it's a rumor that will easily disprove itself in a few months, so no need to dispute it now, lol. :p

mlawlor

I guess my big concern was that people who read this drivel and are not up to date on what to believe/not believe will read this, and then question why people (like me) will try to hype future Carrie appearances, when (according to the tabloids) Carrie should be resting at home and experiencing morning sickness, and not planning summer festival dates nor partying with people who wear large Brad Paisley heads, lol

Kizmet311

I guess my big concern was that people who read this drivel and are not up to date on what to believe/not believe will read this, and then question why people (like me) will try to hype future Carrie appearances, when (according to the tabloids) Carrie should be resting at home and experiencing morning sickness, and not planning summer festival dates nor partying with people who wear large Brad Paisley heads, lol

Too funny, lol. Women with healthy pregnancies don't have to sit at home and rest, lol. Carrie could do her festivals and everything else she wants - even workout and play in the celebrity softball game, since she is already an active person. Lots of women are active and exercise their whole pregnancy if they were already living that lifestyle.

Jade_kt

Carrie said she isn't pregnant and if she is no biggie. She's married. That is just the natural stage of progression to have kids next after you have been married. Still don't think it's true though cause I don't think that is in Mike and Carrie's plan w/ both of the careers. But if it happens, it happens.